Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263560 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4200 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:08 am »

Of course he'll make better use of it! He's not gotta waste it on repeats, he needs it so as to get out and explore so he can add MORE drugs to the game!

Actually, on that front, it would be interesting to have some other varieties of illicit drugs lying around occasionally. I could imagine LSD would be fun, and MDMA could allow you to ignore the effects of thirst for a while! ;)

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: August 02, 2011, 07:07:57 am »

*snip* I could imagine LSD would be fun *snip*

Yes, because having a bad trip while at the same time fighting off a fungaloid invasion is what my already quite short-lived survivors desperately need.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: August 02, 2011, 07:09:05 am »

I'm having some difficulty with the interface. I'm in the tutorial, and I'm trying to take items from a display rack. "g" doesn't seem to do anything. "e" allows me to examine things, and I can see all of the items in the display case. A menu comes up, and I  press the letters which correspond to the various items. The symbol beside each changes from "-" to "+" which I assume means that I have picked up the item. I the press "ESC" to leave that menu. Upon checking my inventory, none of the items are there, and when I check the display case the items are still within it. I try to smash the display case, assuming it is locked or otherwise inaccessible; this produces a series of thumps. I feel like I'm missing something basic here, but I can't see it.

Ordokai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:46 am »

I'm having some difficulty with the interface. I'm in the tutorial, and I'm trying to take items from a display rack. "g" doesn't seem to do anything. "e" allows me to examine things, and I can see all of the items in the display case. A menu comes up, and I  press the letters which correspond to the various items. The symbol beside each changes from "-" to "+" which I assume means that I have picked up the item. I the press "ESC" to leave that menu. Upon checking my inventory, none of the items are there, and when I check the display case the items are still within it. I try to smash the display case, assuming it is locked or otherwise inaccessible; this produces a series of thumps. I feel like I'm missing something basic here, but I can't see it.

You 'e'xamine a container, choose the items you want by pressing the corresponding letters and confirm the action by pressing 'enter'.

While indeed basic, the tutorial should be amended to explain this detail. Now chant with me boys and girls, one whale two whales three whales... !
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:52:26 am by Ordokai »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: August 02, 2011, 07:43:55 am »

Ordokai, it would be like a way to trigger the skitzo condition!

Anyways, bug report:
Making meth just used up all 70 of my adderall D:
It said it only needed 5! Bastard!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: August 02, 2011, 07:54:29 am »

My insomniac had to take 4 sleeping pills to go to sleep. Seems to have crashed....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Saurus33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: August 02, 2011, 09:18:29 am »

I knew it was something ridiculously obvious! Thankyou.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: August 02, 2011, 09:28:50 am »

I don't wish to incriminate myself but I have first or second hand experience with most of the drug in Cataclysm, including withdrawals.

Oh boy, hope you make better use of my donation money.  :o

Don't worry, I'm a grown-up now and out of that part of my life :P  All Cataclysm donation money is being reserved for game-related purchases (servers and whatnot).

Of course he'll make better use of it! He's not gotta waste it on repeats, he needs it so as to get out and explore so he can add MORE drugs to the game!

Actually, on that front, it would be interesting to have some other varieties of illicit drugs lying around occasionally. I could imagine LSD would be fun, and MDMA could allow you to ignore the effects of thirst for a while! ;)

Good calls!  I can just imagine the character running up and trying to hug zombies while on ecstasy.

You 'e'xamine a container, choose the items you want by pressing the corresponding letters and confirm the action by pressing 'enter'.

While indeed basic, the tutorial should be amended to explain this detail. Now chant with me boys and girls, one whale two whales three whales... !

... FIVE DOZEN WHALES!   8)
Indeed, I will update the tutorial to give explicit instructions for how it's done, but know that the Escape key is generally used to CANCEL whatever you're doing, not complete it.

Ordokai, it would be like a way to trigger the skitzo condition!

Anyways, bug report:
Making meth just used up all 70 of my adderall D:
It said it only needed 5! Bastard!

That isn't normal.  But on meth, it is. :P  I'll look into the bug, crafting needs some fixes anyway.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4208 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:30 am »

I just spawned at a house on a road between towns. o.o There isn't another house for miles!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: August 02, 2011, 10:46:58 am »

In My last game after 5 or 6 Save i have found a live npc... Pay it to go togheter and fight with is a horde of zombies.......

Please add the npc to the game

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: August 02, 2011, 10:48:32 am »

In My last game after 5 or 6 Save i have found a live npc... Pay it to go togheter and fight with is a horde of zombies.......

You probably hit shift-g on accident.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:54 am »

I just spawned at a house on a road between towns. o.o There isn't another house for miles!

Looks like you got spawned in survivalist mode!

You probably hit shift-g on accident.

Yes probably.  If you really want to play with NPCs, it's not a big deal to hit shift-G to spawn one.  Just be forewarned, crashes abound.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: August 02, 2011, 11:01:02 am »

Look at it on the bright side. There shouldn't be many monsters and you can can sustain yourself with toilet water (I hope you picked poison resistance) and delicious rabbits.

Wish for a water purifier.
EDIT: And a hotplate.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: August 02, 2011, 11:04:55 am »

Why is there doors with wall tiles directly behind them? Now my guy is dead. :/
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4214 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:00 am »

Just downloaded this.

I started the tutorial. The first thing I do is pick up a lighter and blow myself up, burning down the tutorial room, by pumping gas and lighting it beside the gas pump. My second tutorial character found himself in a burning hell of smoke and flame. He burned to death while attempting to get out. My third tutorial character managed to escape, however all tutorial items were burnt up.

Is the tutorial room an actual place in the world? My third tutorial character was able to go outside and explore. He pummeled three zombies to death with his fists before the game crashed.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 777