Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1260397 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4560 on: August 05, 2011, 10:17:19 am »

Yeah, the zombies aren't unlimited and you can thin out their numbers in a certain area.

That's why Eronarn's serv has less zombies. They've been mostly killed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 05, 2011, 10:20:33 am »

An online version? Huh? There's an online version!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 05, 2011, 10:29:29 am »

An online version? Huh? There's an online version!?
Dude. First post in the thread.

Guide to connecting via SSH with the private key in PuTTY:

1.) Download PuTTY and PuTTYgen from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html.

2.) Download RSA key from http://eronarn.info/multirobin_key (file -> save as)

3.) Start PuTTYgen.

4.) Conversions -> Import Key..., select that multirobin_key file.

5.) Save Private Key...,save it somewhere.

6.) Start PuTTY.

7.) Go into the settings on the left. Go to SSH -> Auth.

8.) See that empty box to select a file? Do so, picking that .ppk file you saved earlier.

9.) Settings screen Connections -> Data. Put cataclysm in as the auto-login username.

10.) Settings screen session. Put in "eronarn.info" as the host.

11.) (Optional but highly recommended) Save it in that box below.

12.) Press Connect!

13.) Resize the terminal to be a bit larger, then hit spacebar.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4563 on: August 05, 2011, 10:47:56 am »

Dead scientists, mostly. You'll find groups of them pretty much everywhere. You can also make bionic batteries with 6 Electronics.
SHAMELESS SELFPROMOTION: Mah mod allows you to make all bionics.

Huh, guess I've just been unlucky. Found three dead scientists so far. I got ID cards off them (which I used to get in 3 different labs) but never did find any CBMs on them.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:36 am »

Yeah, the zombies aren't unlimited and you can thin out their numbers in a certain area.

Really...? So if I keep making Hit N' Runs on the zombies in the city next to me, it'll start to be less dangerous?
Off Note: Yay! My freaking text box fixed itself!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 05, 2011, 11:00:34 am »

Really...? So if I keep making Hit N' Runs on the zombies in the city next to me, it'll start to be less dangerous?
Off Note: Yay! My freaking text box fixed itself!
Yes. On a very small scale. There are too many zombies to genocide.

I tried to find some actual numbers in the code but I failed.
So it's just a lot of zombies. (I'll keep searching, you guys got me curious).

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 05, 2011, 11:05:16 am »

I went to a bionics shop in one of the walled off cities, and it seems to be horribly bugged.

The entire ground in the area is black and there are a bunch of strange objects. Ant queen chamber, ant tunnel, poor hearing, near-sighted, blood filter, fungal tree. Some of them I can't even tell what they are because any attempt at examining them causes an instant crash. It throws debug messages to examine some of the others. Examining the near-sighted pops up asking if I want to drink from my hands. If I say Yes it says "You can't eat your none" if I say No it says "handle_liquid a non_liquid!" and "use computer at (15, 13) - none there"

Doesn't seem to be any actual bionic canisters anywhere.

I zipped up a copy of my save while in that funky area just in case you want to look at it. I'm on the Windows version though so im not sure if the saves are even compatible.

Speaking of bionic canisters, where do you find them? I goofed around with them a bit on a new char with wishing and found some pretty cool ones, but in all the science lab areas I've been in I've yet to find any. Found fusion guns, TONS of purifier and mutagen, and various other things - but no bionics.

Heh, that's because they're uncoded, like a lot of those survivor settlements.  So it's just pulling random data out of the stack and saying "Uhhhh here!  This is the terrain!  It's... a Bad Back!  Ahh, yes, I have loads of those in my yard."

Bionics canisters can be found on dead scientists (which is pure luck), but they'll be moved soon to the labs, so it's not just dumb luck that scores you bionics.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 05, 2011, 11:14:53 am »

Has there been a new version since 1.4?

sigh. Number fourteen was so promising. she killed at least eighteen giant mosquitos while high on crystal meth before dying.

Where do I find the list of mutations and bionics at?

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:01 am »

There are bionics here: (http://whalesdev.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bionics), though by name only.

Your best bet would be the source though.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 05, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

There are bionics here: (http://whalesdev.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bionics), though by name only.

Your best bet would be the source though.

I meant in-game, where to find what bionics and mutations are affecting me.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Number fifteen just found number thirteen's corpse in the middle of the road. thirteen had raided the sports supply store, so was a good source of weapons and supplies.

Just raided a weapons store and got a glock 19. going to get a silencer and some schizophrenia medicine.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 05, 2011, 11:30:17 am »

Oh. '@' (character screen) for mutations, and 'p' (bionics screen, where you also use them) for bionics.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4571 on: August 05, 2011, 11:30:57 am »

Can you die from being tired?

I was deep in a science lab that seemed to go on forever (went down 5 levels) and got tired. On my way out (sleeping in a science lab seemed like a bad idea) my character suddenly dropped dead. I was in pain from being shot in the eye (and blinded, ow) by a turret, but I had healed myself back to full and took a single dose of painkiller and it was down to moderate pain. I was full and slaked so it wasn't food or hunger. Only negative effects on me were tired and moderate pain.

Didn't say why I died, didnt even get a death message, just suddenly went to the death screen. No enemies were around and all my health numbers were at maximum.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 05, 2011, 11:32:41 am »

I went to a bionics shop in one of the walled off cities, and it seems to be horribly bugged.

The entire ground in the area is black and there are a bunch of strange objects. Ant queen chamber, ant tunnel, poor hearing, near-sighted, blood filter, fungal tree. Some of them I can't even tell what they are because any attempt at examining them causes an instant crash. It throws debug messages to examine some of the others. Examining the near-sighted pops up asking if I want to drink from my hands. If I say Yes it says "You can't eat your none" if I say No it says "handle_liquid a non_liquid!" and "use computer at (15, 13) - none there"

Doesn't seem to be any actual bionic canisters anywhere.

I zipped up a copy of my save while in that funky area just in case you want to look at it. I'm on the Windows version though so im not sure if the saves are even compatible.

Speaking of bionic canisters, where do you find them? I goofed around with them a bit on a new char with wishing and found some pretty cool ones, but in all the science lab areas I've been in I've yet to find any. Found fusion guns, TONS of purifier and mutagen, and various other things - but no bionics.
Heh, that's because they're uncoded, like a lot of those survivor settlements.  So it's just pulling random data out of the stack and saying "Uhhhh here!  This is the terrain!  It's... a Bad Back!  Ahh, yes, I have loads of those in my yard."
So you have bionics buildings built out of Missingno, Whales? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 05, 2011, 11:34:08 am »

Didn't say why I died, didnt even get a death message, just suddenly went to the death screen. No enemies were around and all my health numbers were at maximum.
Are you sure you only take one painkiller?

That usually happens on a drug overdose.

erick1294

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 05, 2011, 11:35:30 am »

Can someone explain me why the portal generators doesn't work? i created 2 portals and it ask me if i want to step into the shimmering portal i say yes and nothing happens, maybe they're uncoded, so its not cheating to use map teleport while i have 2 portals?
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 777