Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1263459 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #8835 on: January 26, 2012, 06:09:03 pm »

Well......I can survive zombies.......I can get away from the hoards for them......I can fuck survival from complely damage to most for my body and heal my self complety......but one GODDAM BEE CAN KILL ME and i can not do shit to it!

AKA my first real try at this and i will keep play, I just love this sout for game, Keep up the good work Whales.

At least you don't have to deal with the Windows bug where hundreds of giant bees or wasps randomly appear and swarm you.  :P

Makes me wish Whales hadn't fixed that fire bug where burning a book would obliterate the map. It would be very nice if I dropped some sort of book of cosmic horror I found in a lab somewhere, set fire to it, and burn with the creatures assailing my character.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: January 26, 2012, 07:50:41 pm »

Well my 2nd try i was attack by Eyebots and Dogs, i did not last long

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8837 on: January 27, 2012, 01:53:09 am »

So yeah, I made a video of following the instruction in this post at the Cataclysm forums to setup VirtualBox with a pre-configured Linux for playing Cataclysm. I may do a lets play of the game later and if so I will post when I upload the videos here.

Video is Here
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:39 pm »

Cool Akhier!  Hopefully people will find this useful.  Thanks for making the video!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8839 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »

Glad to, it was interesting to figure it out and setup. I was kind of hoping to have to do it the hard way though so I could learn how. Maybe later I will do something with a more interesting Linux setup in VirtBox.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: January 27, 2012, 11:33:27 pm »

Hey folks, I'm using the VirtualBox method to run this on Windows, and I'd like to try my hand at modding.  Where does the VirtualBox download/update actually put the files?  Since I have to tell it to compile, I assume it downloads the whole source code.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8841 on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

Hey folks, I'm using the VirtualBox method to run this on Windows, and I'd like to try my hand at modding.  Where does the VirtualBox download/update actually put the files?  Since I have to tell it to compile, I assume it downloads the whole source code.
If your using the Tinycore VirtBox it is all in the Cataclysm directory so a quick cd Cataclysm then ls and you will see that all the files are there.

Spoiler: Edit: picture (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:47:40 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: January 28, 2012, 12:12:48 am »

No, I mean where are they stored on the harddisk?  So I can open them?  And "cd cataclysm" returns a "-sh: cd: can't cd to cataclysm" error anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8843 on: January 28, 2012, 12:28:00 am »

Capitalization matters...

As for on the hard disk do you mean the Tinycore hard disk? Cause if you do thats where it is, in the folder Cataclysm. If you mean on your actual computers hard disk then I have no clue.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: January 28, 2012, 12:57:08 am »

No, I mean where are they stored on the harddisk?  So I can open them?  And "cd cataclysm" returns a "-sh: cd: can't cd to cataclysm" error anyway.
If you mean where you can find them through windows, they are inside a special VirtualBox thing. So you can't really.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25:55 am »

The "Tiny Core Linux.vdi" file you downloaded is a Virtual Disk Image; it is the hard drive for the virtual machine. All the files you downloaded and all the files included with it to start with, are safely ensconced within the file, and are formatted in a Linux file system that Windows doesn't really have a hope of reading by itself.

As far as I know the only way to manipulate the data outside of the tools and programs already present on the machine, is to follow the instructions here under "Setting up FTP and SSH". That way you can connect with an FTP client, and directly transfer files into or out of the virtual disk.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Aiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: January 28, 2012, 05:00:38 pm »

This game is great but is there any way to make it Fullscreen?
"A dwarf loves his beard more than his near."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: January 28, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »

There is not, 25x80 is as big as you get unfortunately.
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: January 28, 2012, 05:21:36 pm »

Not really much point, either, as that would just leave you with a screen full of empty space around the same view.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: January 28, 2012, 05:24:20 pm »

Not really much point, either, as that would just leave you with a screen full of empty space around the same view.

Game centered with black around it would be better for my eyes and i'm not gonna put black Desktop Background xD
"A dwarf loves his beard more than his near."
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 777