Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448766 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Kerbal Space Program: now hiring more optimistic astronauts
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »

Jebidiah is the most optimistic kerbal (kerbalite?) ever.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »

I personally find it interesting that Kerbal is essentially a Pangaea-like with a supercontinent on one side of the planet and a giant ocean on the other.

Also, YAY 0.8.1!!!!!
Nothing important here, move along.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

I personally find it interesting that Kerbal is essentially a Pangaea-like with a supercontinent on one side of the planet and a giant ocean on the other.

Makes orbits kinda boring, but it's a nice place.

0.8.1 does make construction a lot easier, now that laterally mounted parts line up cleaner (although not foolproof!), and you can detach stuff without removing it.  But be warned, the old "why won't this reconnect like I know it can" bug is still there with large clumps of pieces.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »

What I've noticed is that the continent we launch from looks suspiciously like Africa.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 12, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »

What I've noticed is that the continent we launch from looks suspiciously like Africa.

Who knows why the developers (themselves based out of Mexico City), decided we should launch from Mozambique...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:33 pm »

Urgh, 0.8.1 is buggy. I've had multiple problems so far:

Detached items are floating. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z fixed it.
Detached items are floating again. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z did not fix it.
Command capsule could not be dropped once selected.

Maybe rushing it was a bad idea.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:29 pm »

A bug I had with a recent design, I had two boosters connected via radial decouplers to a small liquid rocket, with a massive liquid rocket setup underneath it. Problem is, when I fired off the massive rockets to launch, the two boosters fired off as well. Didn't hurt anything, but kind of a waste. And yes, I had a similar design (just not as symmetrical) in the previous version that fired through it's stages properly.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »

Yeah, tons of control and interface bugs and randomness in this update, but at least it shows they're working on it.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:51:06 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2011, 07:52:22 pm »

Yeah, tons of control and interface bugs and randomness in this update, but at least it shows they're working on it.

I need more!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:04 pm »

Wooo, I didn't get into orbit but I made my first... semi-successful engine powered vertical landing... thing. =P

I landed on some grass but as soon as I touched down the thing tipped over and the command capsule fell off. But oh well, everyone's in one piece =)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 12, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

Detached items are floating. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z fixed it.
Detached items are floating again. Cannot be deleted. Ctrl Z did not fix it.
Command capsule could not be dropped once selected.
"Detached items are floating"? -- I sure hope you're not considering the new feature that makes it such that we don't have to delete everything to add a part in the middle a bug.
Drag to the part menu and they'll vanish as expected.
I had them get stuck to the mouse a few times, but that's a different bug, similar to the next one.
"Command capsule could not be dropped once selected." -- Starting a new ship with the button fixed that one for me.

EDIT: Custom parts will need to have a few changes made to make symmetry work properly with them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:02:56 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 12, 2011, 08:11:55 pm »

You have to drag to the menu or hit delete to remove them now, tarran. not really a bug.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 12, 2011, 08:17:07 pm »

If you're dragging around a piece you don't want you can delete it with delete on your keyboard. Tutorial needs a little updating.

This is soooo much easier. This is the first time i've been able to use wings too as I had a hard time getting them all even, they actually work pretty well. Will need to do some comparing with SAS and other experimenting to get a good balance.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:32:59 pm by BloodBeard »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 12, 2011, 08:17:17 pm »

Hahahahahaha.
An SAS module with winglets in 12-sided symmetry configuration can fly without any power source.
The kerbals have invented self-sustaining flight before we have!
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:49 pm »

The wings are effectively useless. They add weight and unbalance the ship with no perceivable benefits. They're technically just there to look good.

I quite disagree- they seem to prevent my ships from going out of control sometimes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 848