Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448096 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you disable cookies and/or referer info by any chance?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

What in the name of all that is holy is that! :o
My SSTO tanker, Albatruss II. Albatruss I is the non-cargocarrying, "sightseeing" version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm now giving the design an overhaul, to reduce lag and give it a more conventional profile.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It looks like something designed in GalCiv2
lol.
But it does, especially if I remember the shape of the wing 'jewelery' part right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

It's glorious...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not quite as impressing as the previous posts, but this is one damn large wingspan. I can hardly believe it flies.
As you can probably see, I used a quite barbaric method of making the wings ;P

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Did you lower the graphic settings? Makes the game much more playable on my laptop.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Oy! Why haven't I played this since V.13? D:

SPACEPLAENS! :D

*sees all the new parts* SQEEEEE

The Grasshopper Mk1:
Though technically not a VTOL, as that implies it is able to land. Those legs snap if there's the tiniest of height difference on landing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:47:01 pm by alway »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oy! Why haven't I played this since V.13? D:

SPACEPLAENS! :D

*sees all the new parts* SQEEEEE

The Grasshopper Mk1:
Though technically not a VTOL, as that implies it is able to land. Those legs snap if there's the tiniest of height difference on landing.
Struts. Lots and lots of struts.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Not quite as impressing as the previous posts, but this is one damn large wingspan. I can hardly believe it flies.
As you can probably see, I used a quite barbaric method of making the wings ;P
I don't know what you mean, those wings are beautiful.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

How are you guys getting these to get off the runway?
Mine still keep veering off the runway and exploding if they have the power of more than one engine. On the other hand, if I can get them in the air, they fly just fine. Do you use a third party program or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Veering off the runway is usually caused by overlapping parts, and in some cases by carelessly positioned landing gear. Make sure you turn the angle snap on if you're placing a single centered nose gear, and verify that aft gear are parallel and as perpendicular to the ground as possible.

Otherwise, veering off the runway is hardly a problem unless it persists continuously. For instance, my Albatruss II tanker actually has better chances of taking off safely if I carefully careen it onto the green, because there would be no sudden drop at the end which would break the whole thing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the compliment on my patchwork wings :P

Actually, that giant-wingspan plane always veers off the runway; you can't control it at all until it takes off. It's too heavy to turn and doesn't have enough lift to take off. However, when it hits the beach, that dropoff before the water puts enough air under it to fly away.

I'm trying to actually get it controllable. Project Kaw 2 is a-go :P

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

.16 will fix phantom forces. T

To make it gain some angle at start more easily, try putting the rear wheels just a little behind the centre of gravity, so you need less force to rotate it along the rear wheels. It's trial and error on where to put wheels but it helps a lot: this way the rear weight behind the wheel helps rising the noise and putting air under the wings

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The space plane I posted back a few can make it to the mun, but I can not figure out how to land safely from orbit. Are you using the Mech Jeb thing LoB?

How do you get your space plane going slow enough to touch down safely?

Also can anyone link (or make) a tutorial on how to change your orbits? I don't mean altitude, I have that under control, I mean angles and the like (inclination is it called?).

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I land arse first on legs and then pivot horizontally. You can actually see the legs on the rear of the plane in some shots

I've used mechjeb on the first launches because it's soo much convenient, but I land manually since .13

To change inclination: point your craft at the horizon, 90deg from the forward and backward vector and thrust

To change argument (rotate the orbit elongation) point the craft toward the other axis (this needs some images)

If you use mech jeb, try burning using the rot+ and norm+ smartass settings, you'll quickly understand..
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 848