Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448572 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6855 on: November 01, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »

Wall of IVA photos 1 frame before death, list of causes with humorous epithets, and Kerbals humming taps (in their characteristic weird high-pitched voices) in the background.
I can only imagine they have weird high pitched voices, but do we ever actually hear them?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6856 on: November 01, 2013, 04:52:37 pm »

Wall of IVA photos 1 frame before death, list of causes with humorous epithets, and Kerbals humming taps (in their characteristic weird high-pitched voices) in the background.
I can only imagine they have weird high pitched voices, but do we ever actually hear them?
KSP's official videos.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: November 01, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »

Like me!

I dunno if I would want to transfer though. What's the benefits? What's the drawbacks? :o

Main benefit: updates in the background.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:43 pm »

I got 3000 science from one single unmanned Eve mission. Also my seven-skipper asparagus lifter managed to get into Eve orbit with the middle stage still attached, even though I had three more engine stages on top of that and even though I didn't use any sort of calculator. Yay me!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: November 02, 2013, 06:22:09 am »

I landed a unmanned probe on Duna's north pole, with goo, thermometer, and a barometer. 700 science for me! yay!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: November 02, 2013, 08:42:10 am »

I support officially suggesting this to squad, However in order to have images of each kerbal 1 frame before death the game would kinda lag a bit from the constant screenshots. But it would be awesome.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: November 02, 2013, 08:43:32 am »

ooor you can kill the kerbal one frame later, works either way

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: November 02, 2013, 12:11:57 pm »

Anybody know of a good tutorial for building spaceplanes (or really planes at all) that don't suck?  Almost every plane I design tends to flip around like crazy as soon as it gets off the ground, and half the ones that make it that far go completely out of control as soon as I try to turn.  The two or three planes I've made that work at all were complete accidents.

Namely, I'm trying to build a spaceplane with the Mk3 fuselage (for transit flights to the space station) and this is just kicking my ass.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: November 02, 2013, 12:23:00 pm »

Spaceplanes or SSTO spaceplanes? There's a difference.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: November 02, 2013, 12:41:54 pm »

Anybody know of a good tutorial for building spaceplanes (or really planes at all) that don't suck?  Almost every plane I design tends to flip around like crazy as soon as it gets off the ground, and half the ones that make it that far go completely out of control as soon as I try to turn.  The two or three planes I've made that work at all were complete accidents.

Namely, I'm trying to build a spaceplane with the Mk3 fuselage (for transit flights to the space station) and this is just kicking my ass.

There is a link to an illustrated guide a few pages back

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6865 on: November 02, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »

Scott Manley has a few good tutorials too

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: November 02, 2013, 01:21:46 pm »

Like I said, it's basically "Keep your lift behind your center of mass"

... Everything else is gravy. That's the most important one, the one that decides between "OHGODOHGODOHGOD" and "Just gonna turn here... aaaand great!"

Also, keep in mind that as you drain tanks, they push your center of mass around. Make sure even a half-filled plane will have the lift behind the mass.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6867 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

I strongly recommend TAC fuel balancer for spaceplanes. It can keep your tanks balanced rather than burning from front tanks first and making you ass heavy

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: November 02, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »

So are there any tips for getting science at an early stage in the game?  I just picked up the first four upgrades and I'm kinda having a hard time finding science to get (probably has something to do with having pretty terrible ship design).  I've gotten the soil samples and such from Kerbin, and I'm just kind of floundering for science points at this point.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: November 02, 2013, 01:52:02 pm »

Goo labs. If you can, land them rather than transmitting the science.

Make ballistic missiles with parachutes or something to send around the globe. Man a mission to you launchpad. No, really. You can also tip a rocket over and scoot it to the water by Kerbal Command. Get science equipment and redo all those missions.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 848