Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443973 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

AFAIK, it's for every combination of SoI + biome + situation.

Challenge mode:
  • Land asteroid at KSC.
  • Construct a rugged all-terrain vehicle with a hullcam and heavy-duty robotic arm.
  • Recreate this album with your new giant space rock BFF.

I now want to land an asteroid at KSC for bragging rights.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

AFAIK, it's for every combination of SoI + biome + situation.

Challenge mode:
  • Land asteroid at KSC.
  • Construct a rugged all-terrain vehicle with a hullcam and heavy-duty robotic arm.
  • Recreate this album with your new giant space rock BFF.

I now want to land an asteroid at KSC for bragging rights.
Land it there or just get it there?
Robbaz has already done the latter. And I'm reasonably certain I've seen people do the former too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Land. No idea how many engines I'll need to strap on it, but I'll try. Could also make a giant parachute umbrella.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Okay, seriously, what am I doing wrong?

Like Scott Manley showed in one video, I quicksaved my ship while in orbit and (after copy-pasting the current orbit so I could revert), edited the orbit. First, I tried copy-pasting the "orbit" and other relevant-looking things from a landed ship, expecting them to explode and me to need to tweak the numbers until it worked. There was an infinite void of black. I tried dropping eccentricity to 0 to make me fall straight down. That broke the game again. Then I tried putting everything back the way it was. The game was still broken, even as I fled to the Space Center. (Thankfully, reloading helped.)
Then I tried again. Same effing result!

...What the hell went wrong?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how quickly is the development of this game coming along? is it still an alpha? this looks like a 'perma-beta' game where they dont develop real fast.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

If you think you'd enjoy it but worry that the game will "never be truly fun because it was never truly finished", just get it. It was hilariously fun from the very first version, and each patch has only made that better. It's not one of those games where you only see potential in the future, and it never gets fully realised. What's already there is amazing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2-3 months-ish for major patches. They don't trickle much. Right now Squad is balancing a monetary system, which is damn hard for this type of game.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

anyone knows how to remove the no cloud radius in visual enhancement mod?

I explain: cloud seems to disappear in the ten meters surrounding the capsule.

sample image: solid cloud strata
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

same image with capsule in cloud showing the cloud 'hole':
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Guys, once you hook onto a giant space rock, how the hell do you align it to your center of gravity?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Guys, once you hook onto a giant space rock, how the hell do you align it to your center of gravity?
Right click the rock to target center of mass, unlock the hook's gimbal, aim spacecraft at center of mass, lock gimbal

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right click the rock to target center of mass, unlock the hook's gimbal, aim spacecraft at center of mass, lock gimbal

Thrust really low because unless you have cockpit instruments you are not going to get it dead center. Too much thrust and your SAS can't compensate.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

And whatever you do, don't use the time acceleration trick to kill rotation if you've got multiple craft hooked to it. That resulted in one of my craft being chopped up into tiny bits as it was rotated back into place, but not translated back into place. The resulting debris field arced away with a variance in velocity of around 300m/s.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

If you think you'd enjoy it but worry that the game will "never be truly fun because it was never truly finished", just get it. It was hilariously fun from the very first version, and each patch has only made that better. It's not one of those games where you only see potential in the future, and it never gets fully realised. What's already there is amazing.
Like Dwarf Fortress!

And seriously. Does no one have save-editing-or-otherwise-landing-precisely-and-quickly advice?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 848