Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1443929 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10740 on: November 23, 2014, 09:04:56 am »

It's not a fuel tank, so that won't work.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10741 on: November 23, 2014, 09:24:06 am »

If it's a part that contains a resource, it will work. The system isn't exclusive to fuel.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: November 23, 2014, 10:06:35 am »

A kerbal can eva and remove the science from something like a goo canister or a materials bay, and then store them in his pod.

There is a storage limit of one experiment-type result per biome per pod, but you can still save a bit of return mass this way.

With a mobile science lab on your mothership, you could even clean and re-use the science parts after emptying them.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: November 23, 2014, 10:46:26 am »

Also damn near everyone wants their own separate flag on the mun.

Just have a permanent base there.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10744 on: November 23, 2014, 11:22:50 am »

If it's a part that contains a resource, it will work. The system isn't exclusive to fuel.
strange, I right clicked and all I saw was a isToggled: False, no sliders or anything. I thought it worked too, bdcause I remember adjusting a SpareParts resource from 20 to 0 cause it was 1 mass per 1 resource.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: November 23, 2014, 11:39:42 am »

Weird. See if there are any mods that work with it that allow you to bring up the supplies, see if they have the ability for you to do that...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: November 23, 2014, 12:08:48 pm »

strange, I right clicked and all I saw was a isToggled: False, no sliders or anything. I thought it worked too, bdcause I remember adjusting a SpareParts resource from 20 to 0 cause it was 1 mass per 1 resource.

Have a look at the modules in stock fuel tanks. There should be something that refers to editing resource. Work that into the science parts. I'm not at my computer at the moment.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10747 on: November 23, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »

Apparently the isTweakable=true var in the resources file is what I needed to add. Woo! Successfully reduced my launch mass by 30.

Edit: The asteroid tracking mission from Fine Print seems pretty hard to do--it doesn't show up on the in-flight map view, meaning you have to basically guess where it is :/ Feels like there'd be a better way...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:28:48 am by Skyrunner »

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: December 02, 2014, 06:20:27 pm »

And bringing you the latest and greatest in magnificent modding, here's one that -looks really good.-

It's called Movietime.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: December 03, 2014, 05:18:53 am »

Instagram: KSP edition :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: December 03, 2014, 07:12:32 am »

Does it come with ole timey piano music?

If so, then all we need are manly mustaches and bowler hats for our Kerbals.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:15:37 am by Ultimuh »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: December 03, 2014, 08:34:46 am »

Also, the Mark IV parts by Nertea are amazing  :D

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: December 03, 2014, 09:13:40 am »

Does it come with ole timey piano music?

If so, then all we need are manly mustaches and bowler hats for our Kerbals.
It apparently has film stuttering. But yeah, this mod definitely needs piano music, and an option to make things go forward in sped up motion.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: December 03, 2014, 09:33:52 am »

Somebody should make spaceworthy bowler helmets.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10754 on: December 03, 2014, 09:42:47 am »

Planes are so slow, how do you handle flying them places @.@

My little plane that could is flying at 225 m/s across the ocean to places unknown. I don't even know how large the ocean is...

edit: I just saw an eclipse!

edit2: an hour or so into the flight, the plane suddenly flipped out and crashed :(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:50:59 am by Skyrunner »

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 848