Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1448074 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10890 on: December 22, 2014, 08:13:06 am »

You guys remind me of theologians trying to interpret the Bible and burn those that don't agree with them.
Praise Bob, as he of all kerbals is the choosen one. All Jebites shall burn in eternal booster related unforseen overheat scenarios. Bill's ok though, he throws bitching parties.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10891 on: December 22, 2014, 10:55:12 am »

Does anybody have a clue what people mean by update the firespitter mod when the actual mod itself on Spaceport isn't updated and I haven't found any github thing? People in the thread for the B9 Aerospace mod keep talking like updating it (and I mean changing whatever it is that needs to be changed to update it) is an incredibly simple thing, but I'm like 'HOW????" (my thought proccess because I didn't actually post) because of the simple fact that I don't know how.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:00:25 am by smjjames »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: December 22, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »

Kerbal Alarm Clock
Stage Recovery
Kerbal Engineer
Stock Revamp
Collision FX
NEAR
Planetshine
Environmental Visual Enhancments
Procedural Fairings
RealChute
SCAN Sat
Active Texture Management
Hyperedit
Final Frontier
Are there any other mods that are good? I don't want RemoteTech or Deadly Reentry, and I have NEAR instead of FAR because I'm a casual :P

Say, utility mods, or ones that overhaul part of KSP's mechanics...?

I'd say

diazo landing height < make height true terrain height and not altitude in surface mode
kerbal aircraft expansion < I get the heavy landing gear from here
service compartment tubes < to attach stuff inside instead of dangling it out
improved chase camera < say it all
transfer window planner < if you don't use mechjeb, you can get the porkchop graph in game like these http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/
science alert < knocks you out of warp when science available, never miss that eva science ever!

I use more but those are the one that best fit with the 'universal' ksp experience.

Does anybody have a clue what people mean by update the firespitter mod when the actual mod itself on Spaceport isn't updated and I haven't found any github thing? People in the thread for the B9 Aerospace mod keep talking like updating it (and I mean changing whatever it is that needs to be changed to update it) is an incredibly simple thing, but I'm like 'HOW????" (my thought proccess because I didn't actually post) because of the simple fact that I don't know how.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2?p=1603900&viewfull=1#post1603900 experimental dll
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:58:42 pm by LoSboccacc »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: December 22, 2014, 04:47:38 pm »

Firespitter has its own website and the download for the dll is usually the most current version.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: December 22, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »

Kerbal Alarm Clock
Stage Recovery
Kerbal Engineer
Stock Revamp
Collision FX
NEAR
Planetshine
Environmental Visual Enhancments
Procedural Fairings
RealChute
SCAN Sat
Active Texture Management
Hyperedit
Final Frontier
Are there any other mods that are good? I don't want RemoteTech or Deadly Reentry, and I have NEAR instead of FAR because I'm a casual :P

Say, utility mods, or ones that overhaul part of KSP's mechanics...?

I'd say

diazo landing height < make height true terrain height and not altitude in surface mode
transfer window planner < if you don't use mechjeb, you can get the porkchop graph in game like these http://alexmoon.github.io/ksp/
science alert < knocks you out of warp when science available, never miss that eva science ever!

I use more but those are the one that best fit with the 'universal' ksp experience.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2?p=1603900&viewfull=1#post1603900 experimental dll
Quote Pyramid Power!

Coherent Contracts is also nice.
Enhanced NavBall is still relevant, especially with NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator.
RCS BuildAid is indispensable.
And if you're into mining, anything Regolith based.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: December 22, 2014, 05:06:16 pm »

Why did you show this to us?

A better question is why the ^!@% did I watch half of it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: December 22, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »

What kind of scrubs do you take us for? Of course we've seen it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10898 on: December 22, 2014, 11:01:01 pm »

Coherent Contracts is also nice.
Enhanced NavBall is still relevant, especially with NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator.
RCS BuildAid is indispensable.
And if you're into mining, anything Regolith based.

Hmm. I don't need the first one because I have Kerbal Engineer, and I don't do aircraft, so no need for ICC and KAC.

SCT looks interesting! Only downside is it doesn't fit well with the Stock Revamp parts, different art style. I might get it.

Science Alert is also unneeded because I have like 7000 science @_@ Coherent Contracts is a yes, I always wondered why my brain hurt while reading the contracts.

I'll try out the enhanced navball and the docking alignment indicator. What exactly does the Indicator's red marker do? If you line your ship up with the red marker you can just use translation tools?

I'm not sure what mods use Regolith, is there a list somewhere?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: December 23, 2014, 03:45:37 am »

One little thing that is horribly broken in the current KSP is the new policies.

With a 15% commitment to the money-to-science policy I unlocked every item in the tech tree before the end of day 4, without ever leaving kerbin orbit.

Mind you I didn't BUY everything, I just unlocked it, but a little more (1-2 more days) science grinding and I can buy the 100% science to money policy and money grind for a few days to purchase all the parts and end up using final tier parts for my first mun mission (with that save, I have been there in earlier versions).

The secret is to pick you contracts for easy completion, anything that is "while landed at kerbin" is basically a gimme, and "retrieve orbital science" is just as good once you launch a simple satellite. If there are none of those varieties of contract then pick easy atmospheric tests, the trick there is finding speed/altitude combinations that are easy to hit, with luck and planning it is possible to complete 2-3 such tests with a single launch. Use unkerbled test launchers, it really makes things easy if the rocket is minimal disposable model.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10901 on: December 23, 2014, 05:07:01 am »

One little thing that is horribly broken in the current KSP is the new policies.

With a 15% commitment to the money-to-science policy I unlocked every item in the tech tree before the end of day 4, without ever leaving kerbin orbit.

Mind you I didn't BUY everything, I just unlocked it, but a little more (1-2 more days) science grinding and I can buy the 100% science to money policy and money grind for a few days to purchase all the parts and end up using final tier parts for my first mun mission (with that save, I have been there in earlier versions).

The secret is to pick you contracts for easy completion, anything that is "while landed at kerbin" is basically a gimme, and "retrieve orbital science" is just as good once you launch a simple satellite. If there are none of those varieties of contract then pick easy atmospheric tests, the trick there is finding speed/altitude combinations that are easy to hit, with luck and planning it is possible to complete 2-3 such tests with a single launch. Use unkerbled test launchers, it really makes things easy if the rocket is minimal disposable model.

How did you get the money to upgrade all three stages of the R&D building?

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: December 23, 2014, 05:24:34 am »

Step 1: Convert money into science, at the best rate you can, and perform missions.
Step 2: When you've unlocked everything, or just amassed huge science, swap to Science to Money.
Step 3: You now have a lot of tech and can use better engines more cheaply to make money very quickly.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10903 on: December 23, 2014, 05:57:13 am »

Are we talking about the same game? @_@

You need 3180k kerbucks to upgrade the R&D center to unlock everything. And missions generally give 90k (for satellites in the Kerbin system) to maybe 250k for other planets. So much grinding...

I have 9000ish science but not 3180k, so I've only unlocked the 500 and under techs, I think.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: December 23, 2014, 06:02:24 am »

It's definitely broken, if you swap reputation to money you get a mere sneeze of cash.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 848