Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 593831 times)

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »

but its stickied...

Yes, but I'll forget I wanted to pay attention to it...
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2011, 10:47:40 pm »

I'd upvote Deathgate if it didn't already have more than enough votes.  I'm reading it now, really good stuff!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:04:59 pm by KenboCalrissian »
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2011, 10:15:44 am »

I was thinking this quote might sum up Deathgate better than anything else I've come up with:

Quote from: AnimaRytak
I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:07:30 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2011, 04:14:53 am »

Can we nominate ourselves? The Pyramid and the Inmates story in my signature were very popular when I made them, and I think I got an award for the pyramid. I built it before it was possible to place constructions with multiple tiles, so it took many real-life months to build. There's some screenshots in the thread. Inmates was maybe my most popular story. Skullcrusher Mountain did quite well too, and was maybe my favorite story ever. I did complete an overelaborate death trap, but then sadly I had to abandon it due to moving to another continent, so the story was never finished.

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2011, 05:04:27 pm »

I'd like to nominate YOU ARE WIZARD!

As for the description, how about this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ugh... I can't continue. I left off Here.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2011, 03:47:50 pm »

I'll give one more vote to the Forgotten Beast Art Contest. There's a lot of fun to be found there, I think.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:25 am »

I would like to nominate Evercage, the dwarven prison fort.  Here it is:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86582.225
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2011, 10:38:33 am »

I vote for Evercage as well.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »

I looked at the thread, saw the title, the achievement, and the first image, and am voting for it.
+1 vote to Deathgate. 
I'd upvote Deathgate if it didn't already have more than enough votes.  I'm reading it now, really good stuff!
I was thinking this quote might sum up Deathgate better than anything else I've come up with:

Quote from: AnimaRytak
I've really run this fort into the ground.  Half the military is dead or insane from the horrors of hell, six or so forsaken beasts are locked away in the caverns,  the road into Deathgate has been painted with troll blood,  we've slaughtered about 400 innocent animals via liberal application of a boot to the ass, a deer with its liver hanging out of its chest after two siege bolts to the face is still scaring the piss out of people using the old doom-bridge, and we have about a dozen ghosts routinely harassing our dwarves since I can't find or reach their corpses.  As I speak, lava is pouring down the side of the mountain in the hopes it burns some of those damned goblins sieging us to death or at least drives them towards the troll-blood bridge.  On the flip side, Armok's temple is almost complete and we've stolen enough goods from the humans to piss them off for a good decade. 

Deathgate has been added to the Hall of Legends! *dadurrrr!*

Just to let you know that there's an archived version of Nist Akath. Is it possible to update the OP with this link?

Updated.

Can we nominate ourselves? The Pyramid and the Inmates story in my signature were very popular when I made them, and I think I got an award for the pyramid. I built it before it was possible to place constructions with multiple tiles, so it took many real-life months to build. There's some screenshots in the thread. Inmates was maybe my most popular story. Skullcrusher Mountain did quite well too, and was maybe my favorite story ever. I did complete an overelaborate death trap, but then sadly I had to abandon it due to moving to another continent, so the story was never finished.
I'd like to nominate YOU ARE WIZARD!

As for the description, how about this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ugh... I can't continue. I left off Here.
I'll give one more vote to the Forgotten Beast Art Contest. There's a lot of fun to be found there, I think.
I would like to nominate Evercage, the dwarven prison fort.  Here it is:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=86582.225
I vote for Evercage as well.

Various and sundry nominations and votes added!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2011, 04:59:32 pm »

Woooooo!

Go Deathgate, its your birthday, Go, Go!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2011, 05:01:26 pm »

I'll put in votes for Sungate and the Forgotten Beast's thread.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »

I'll vote for Sungate, and remind everyone that the original and legendary mermaid thread needs three more votes to be in.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:10 pm »

Oh hey, Severedcoils was nominated a little while ago!  Sweet, I should go on hiatus more often :D
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Sneaky Walrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Clever Walrus....
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2011, 12:19:40 am »

Another vote for evercage, my good sir!
Fire washes the sin off the soul and the skin off the bone. That and I can't be bothered making soap...

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »

I vote mermaid.

Mermaid bone jewelry, that is.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67