Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends  (Read 593854 times)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »

that's why we remove those ones, IF and WHEN that happens. The system has worked fine for years, there's no need to change anything.

Shrug.  Oh well.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:12 pm »

I have to support a system change. The Hall of Legends isn't a cheap whore; a nominee should have some quality besides popularity at present to be eligable. The time-delay concept is a good one, I suppose. Can't think of any good determinates, really, but a legend is something that one would shamelessly pass on to the next generation, and they too would be immediately awestruck and enthralled at the glory of the thing.

Yes, even Snoopicus and the Ham Sandwitch of Life of Death. It's unbelievably amusing and relates much of the insanity possible in DF.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2011, 11:24:45 pm »

Eric, if this were somethingawful, then that would be a great idea. But it isn't, and the quality your thinking of doesn't exist nine-times-out-of-ten here. Plus, we'd have to dump nearly the entire hall, and that's just not fair at all to ANYONE.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »

There's forts that last years, so yeah, being completed shouldn't need to be a requirement.

I also vote for a removal.  No offense to the genius who is working on that.

I wasn't really suggesting a vote, i'm the author.  :-X

Eric, if this were somethingawful, then that would be a great idea. But it isn't, and the quality your thinking of doesn't exist nine-times-out-of-ten here. Plus, we'd have to dump nearly the entire hall, and that's just not fair at all to ANYONE.

Hold on, nobody is suggesting that all inducties that are less then X number of months be removed, just that it should be a rule for inductions from now on. I withdrew my own topic out of principle. Also, that's exagerating things quite a bit saying "nearly the entire hall"...

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »

There's forts that last years, so yeah, being completed shouldn't need to be a requirement.

I also vote for a removal.  No offense to the genius who is working on that.

I wasn't really suggesting a vote, i'm the author.  :-X

Hold on, nobody is suggesting that all inducties that are less then X number of months be removed, just that it should be a rule for inductions from now on. I withdrew my own topic out of principle. Also, that's exagerating things quite a bit saying "nearly the entire hall"...

Oh god.  Well good luck, but I'm not a big fan of superconstructions. =(  Sorry man.

However, I will give you points for being willing to remove yourself at least until completion of the project.  I do think it's dumb that a "super project" can be put in part way done.  It is only "super" upon completion.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:16 am »

Well, I know it's too soon, and that it has been desestimated just two days ago, but due to recent.. events, I think it is now fair to request a place here for Hellcannon.
Why? Well, this!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like I said...
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2011, 11:56:52 am »

I also support Hellcannon; considering that it just spat in the face of death and got away. Well, minus every dwarf we had, but close enough.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2011, 12:54:55 pm »

Well, I know it's too soon, and that it has been desestimated just two days ago, but due to recent.. events, I think it is now fair to request a place here for Hellcannon.
Why? Well, this!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like I said...

WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!???!?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

I'll say it belongs on the bug tracker with a random link on the wiki, but not quite the hall of legends yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2011, 03:18:38 pm »

I'll say it belongs on the bug tracker with a random link on the wiki, but not quite the hall of legends yet.

It's not a bug, it's the universe not wanting to see the latest incarnation of Battlefailed die!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »

I know something you don't know.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2011, 04:13:58 pm »

I know something you don't know.
Maybe I do know but chose to withold it.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2011, 05:04:51 pm »

Oh well.  Is there an archiving system like there is on the something awful forums?  It would make a lot of the let's plays here easier to read.

The ability to archive made reading Syrupleaf and Gemclod a blast. 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

Some threads have all the relevant posts linked in the OP. Okay, to my knowledge only Failcannon (and Battlefailed?) does, and even then it's incomplete.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »

It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to set up an archive like SA's Let's Play Archive. The painful part would be converting stories from post form to archive form.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67