Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929617 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »

Games I wish existed?

Aurora, except with an actual game attached. I LOVE the idea, and the mechanics are solid and interesting but unfortunately it's more sandbox then game. Take a code-wrench to it and bolt MoO2 on the side somehow and I'll never see daylight again.

A AAA modern xcom type (don't you dare mention that FPS monstrosity) that's not the UFO: after-x series.. don't get me wrong, I liked that series well enough, but they were buggy and felt half-finished with lots of unimplemented or poorly implemented features.  X-com has aged surprisingly well but after all these years I'd like something a little more modernized. Heck, It does not even have to be space aliens... as long as it's got the base management, R&D, overworld map and tactical combat it could be YET ANOTHER ww2 game and I'd be happy.

A good building/economic/exploration game. Something like patrician 2 except with more emphasis on building settlements and exploration, discovering more resources to exploit etc.  Light on the combat - if there is any, it should be mostly automated and largely out of your control. Bonus points if it's in space.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2011, 11:12:26 pm »

Why the hell isn't there a pirate roguelike yet?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2011, 11:15:53 pm »

There is, search around.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #378 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:40 pm »

Simcity 5, and not dumbed down.

And outpost 3.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2011, 01:08:33 am »

There is, search around.
I wouldn't have brought it up if I hadn't already searched for it. The only roguelike with a focus on pirates is AarrrRL, and that's in development.

Though I'd love to be proven wrong.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2011, 01:18:58 am »

Simcity 5, and not dumbed down.

And outpost 3.
When you say outpost 3, do you mean a sequel to outpost 2 or outpost 1?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

There is, search around.
I wouldn't have brought it up if I hadn't already searched for it. The only roguelike with a focus on pirates is AarrrRL, and that's in development.

Though I'd love to be proven wrong.
you know this one?
it isn't about pirates, but it might just be close enough

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 01, 2011, 12:28:54 pm »

This is gonna be a long one  :D

My dream game would be an entirely free form multi-genre game. With a procedurally generated universe, with thousands of professions, lots of races, lifelike AI, good graphics, complete simulation of creature anatomy, a detailed but easy to use editor for creating and customizing everything (similar to spore's but more complex and detailed), a complete simulation of ecosystems and creature life cycles, advanced physics and... Well everything :D

It would start like an MMO where you create your character. But it would not be just another hero. He/She would be a GOD. You would then learn how to play the game. And when you have learned the game. You would then have your god play a game console. (For joke's sake). And create another character, where you choose race, gender, etc. Then the actual game would start.

You would then choose where in the universe to start (Depending on where your race has colonized). And depending on where you start you would have access to different technology and may or may not be able to travel to space. Then when you start you can work a variety of jobs like: Soldier, Worker and various subtypes. Depending on what job you choose you would play different genres of games. A soldier would play an FPS, a worker would play something else and may end up being the boss, etc, etc, etc.

There are so many more features but i would end up writing a whole book if i wrote 'em all :P ... Sorry for the long post.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 01, 2011, 05:35:03 pm »

I want a game where people don't just stare at each other when you talk to them. I want them to be DYNAMIC.

If you idly talk to a janitor while he's mopping up a floor, he keeps mopping while you talk to him, pausing every once in awhile to think about something you've said.

If you talk to someone while he's walking, he doesn't just stop wherever he's doing to talk to you, you have to walk with him. Maybe if the conversation is particularly interested he'll stop outside the door he's supposed to enter he'll pause awhile outside before bidding you adieu.

IDK, I'm just tired of the constant death eye you get in most RPGs.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 01, 2011, 07:22:14 pm »

I want a game where people don't just stare at each other when you talk to them. I want them to be DYNAMIC.

HL2 had some dynamic animations to go with conversations.

I have a few Ideas...

-- A warhammer 40k game, but not a company of heroes clone, or a squad based strategy game, a true to life interpretation of Warhammer Forty Fucking Thousand. You could have dynamic model painting and physics, with some of the fights acted out on the board.

-- Half life gosh damn episode three, I've waited too long for a game the third of the size of half life 2.

-- A new metroid game that continues the dame fusion storyline. I'm sick of the mid-quels and other M sucking. I want a game, dammit, follows through before you collapse nintendo.

Now that I think about it, do you think that when nintendo goes under, they'll sell off the original IPs?

I'd love to see a zelda game made by bethseda/black isles, or a metroid game made by 343 Industries/Bungie/Infinity Ward/Treyarch.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 01, 2011, 07:49:49 pm »

-- A new metroid game that continues the dame fusion storyline. I'm sick of the mid-quels and other M sucking.

They are wasting a perfectly good story, aren't they.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 01, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »

A ROGUELIKE with Elder Scrolls: Oblivion level graphics.

Time only passes when your character is making an action, and you can make it go in slow-mo as well. Physics are precise to the pixel. Your character and other enemies have an intricate reflex system in which they can block or dodge attacks even as they make them.

Yeah, that's asking a bit much, but it would probably be one of the coolest games ever made.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 01, 2011, 08:47:16 pm »

graphics? realistic physics? blasphemy.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 01, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »

graphics? realistic physics? blasphemy.
Especially now with the particles traveling faster than light and what not. We don't even understand real life physics anymore.   :o
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:57 pm »

Arcanum 2, as long as it didn't totally suck and be underfunded.

Arcanum 2, top view strategy and Fallout 3 mode toggleable. Perhaps make melee combat at least as good as Mount and Blade's and you'd have the PC game of the year if you used for example the shootiness of Fallout New Vegas in it as well.

Although please make things like people take damage realistically similarly to real life fireballs and bullets, by that I mean pretty easy to die or be incapacitated. Arcanum was one of the games with the most lost potential I have ever seen due to a total lack of balance and also bugginess.

Arcanum 1:
ogre: attacking with a rapier, hit with sword, hit with sword, hit with sword= bloody explosion

dwarf: spend hours checking trashbins in Tarant for lead pipes to cobble into a homemade pistol to sell to buy bullet making ingrediants, make 400 bullets...use four bullets to shoot machine gun once for even less than sword damage and run out after the third monster, switch to level one schematic sword since there is no balance

elf: use that one spell that you get at level one that does enough damage to be instant kill to almost everything while being really cheap, also explodes things in gore
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 577