Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926900 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1275 on: August 29, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »

A nice turn-based RPG but online.

OR! <-

Anything Online (more like a multiplayer option probably) with a procedurally generated world. The world could take multiple different paths each time, but are more often changed by player actions, be it science becoming prevalent in the world, or instead older things like demons or magic. Maybe even both in the same world.
Hopefully not too graphically intensive
Everybody!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »

I've been conceptualizing about a type of RTS game.

It would start out where there is some oppressive government that has come into power or has been in power (there can be different starting scenarios, it could also be a foreign occupation for example). And you would manage and run a rebellion against your rulers. The idea would be to collect resources, stockpile weapons and such, recruit people, etc.

There would be various events that happen like factory strikes (that you may or may not have started hehe), and if you manage to get soldiers to fire into the crowd you can manipulate things like this to get people to join your cause.

The idea would be to prevent the government from catching on to you before you have the power to overthrow them and restore justice/peace/whatever your cause is.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »

A game where you control an intelligence agency like the CIA, KGB, MI6, Mossad, ect. You'd get to do all the fun stuff like; assassinating world leaders, funding bush-fire wars, deploy field agents, put the beat down on your country's own citizens -anything to push your own personal government's agenda.
You would also need to do fun things such as; lie manage your public image, cover-ups, and take on other opposing agencies.

I imagine it would play a lot like a mix of a Paradox Grand Strategy, X-Com, and Jagged Alliance 2.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 29, 2012, 08:23:03 pm »

It would start out where there is some oppressive government that has come into power or has been in power (there can be different starting scenarios, it could also be a foreign occupation for example). And you would manage and run a rebellion against your rulers. The idea would be to collect resources, stockpile weapons and such, recruit people, etc.

There would be various events that happen like factory strikes (that you may or may not have started hehe), and if you manage to get soldiers to fire into the crowd you can manipulate things like this to get people to join your cause.

The idea would be to prevent the government from catching on to you before you have the power to overthrow them and restore justice/peace/whatever your cause is.
So, LCS except with more scheming?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:22 pm »

So, LCS except with more scheming?

Actually, If I ever stopped being lazy and learned how to code, LCS would probably make a great base. (With Toady One and Johnathan S. Fox's permission of course)

Yep, that one's going in the vault.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:50 am »

I'd like to see a multiplayer game won mainly or in a large part by feats of engineering on the part of the players. This could take a lot of forms, but requires a lot more simulation and procedurality (is that a word?) than AAA studios are interested in right now. I think this is what most of the examples I've given before boil down to.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 30, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »

I'd like to see a multiplayer game won mainly or in a large part by feats of engineering on the part of the players. This could take a lot of forms, but requires a lot more simulation and procedurality (is that a word?) than AAA studios are interested in right now. I think this is what most of the examples I've given before boil down to.
Ace of Spades kind of was this, except the playerbase seems to have become a lot stupider since I last played, I went on a couple of games recently and there were people CO-OPERATING to tear down the starting defensive structures. And it wasn't a one-off, it happened consistently.
Basically, give people a way to make things and they'll just focus on breaking everything. Because that's kind of how games play people, most games focus around destroying something, and even in construction it's to aid in destruction.

Unless you meant something more engineering based than building structures, but it's kind of hard to get an idea of what you meant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 30, 2012, 12:43:58 pm »

Yeah, more engineering based. I was really excited when I saw the Rawbots thread, looks like the gameplay style is seeing people actually considering it again!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 30, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »

God I wish there was a game like that, i love building and engineering. I dont know if you ever saw any of the red faction: geurilla dev videos but I hear the editor to make buildings was awesome.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:12 pm »

God I wish there was a game like that, i love building and engineering. I dont know if you ever saw any of the red faction: geurilla dev videos but I hear the editor to make buildings was awesome.
I saw those videos. It particularly amused me when they said the initial building designs kept collapsing under their own weight. Which is even worse when you consider that Mars gravity is noticeably weaker.

That robot game looks interesting, but I think I'll pass on it, I suck at programming in any language ever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 30, 2012, 05:43:28 pm »

I would like a game that puts you in charge of some sort of high-tech mobile fortress. You'd have to deal with multiple threats simultaneously, and while each on it's own would be insignificant, they'd have the advantage of superior maneuverability and numbers. It would be truly strategic as well; the battle theaters would be massive enough for artillery, air strikes, and even long-range missiles (on both sides), and you'd have to carefully conserve resources and avoid wasting firepower where it wasn't needed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:42 pm »

I would like a game that puts you in charge of some sort of high-tech mobile fortress. You'd have to deal with multiple threats simultaneously, and while each on it's own would be insignificant, they'd have the advantage of superior maneuverability and numbers. It would be truly strategic as well; the battle theaters would be massive enough for artillery, air strikes, and even long-range missiles (on both sides), and you'd have to carefully conserve resources and avoid wasting firepower where it wasn't needed.

Maybe this?  If you are familiar with the science fiction BOLO tanks, there have been a few games built around them.  I have not played it, just poked through some of the features.  http://www.winbolo.com/
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 30, 2012, 05:51:44 pm »

Maybe this?  If you are familiar with the science fiction BOLO tanks, there have been a few games built around them.  I have not played it, just poked through some of the features.  http://www.winbolo.com/
Actually, Bolos were exactly what I had in mind :P
Was kinda hoping for something a little less outdated, but I'll give this thing a shot.

EDIT: Appears to be multiplayer only D:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:01:12 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:10 pm »

Oh, thanks for that reminder, copypasting this from my post on the MSPA forums.

Wait, I have the strange feeling I put this before, but a game based on the Mortal Engines series of books, building up from an inherited or somesuch small simple vessel with basic trade, hunting, scavenging etc facilities and being able to take/trade for/develop better ones of all that, adding floors, making more engines, designating the work labour types that you'd need mandated and the guilds/other systems set up to maintain it, if any at all. As well as the direct orders of what to do, obviously. The map would have seperate regions, with Europe being the main trade and battleground, China, Russia and all that being more peaceful and based around citizen conditions and such, North America being the dangerous nuclear wasteland where you can scavenge some sweet loot from that has capabilities far beyond any that can normally be researched, and South America being the place with the cool blood cultists with the arenas and shizzle. PvP area maybe?

I was thinking of an MMO, but that would only work if there was a way to prevent the cool 60 minute war tech from being flooded into the market by high-level players before new players can discover it. Possibly by limiting the absolute amount available at any one time, say, 100 of each (or whatever would be reasonably scarce, compared to the playerbase. No more than 1 in 500 players should be around for any of them though). A level cap (or levels in general) would be something I wouldn't like, everything should be limited just by structural limits, so you couldn't mount huge crushy jaws on a tiny scavenger ship because the frame wouldn't be big or strong enough. Not that you would because the material processing plants wouldn't be big enough to process a 'kill' that big in a reasonable time anyway. That way a player doesn't get lucky and find a powerful but old engine thrown away by a bigger city and discard it themselves because they're not high level enough, instead they work on repairing it and modifying the city to accommodate an engine of that size.

Also with a mode where you play as a single person, who could be a passenger on a city or a foot traveler. Could be a mercenary or a trader or something like that. It should also have transitions between the single player and city-commanding mode pretty smoothly, aiming to be like Hazeron, so city commanding for any vehicle and also traveling on foot straight out of commanding a vehicle, if you wish.

The different kinds of cities like flying mobile cities and flying stationary ports would be great, and floating cities too. Land cities on their own would be pretty sizable on their own though.

Really the most important thing is that its varied enough that basically a load of fast engines and efficient processing plants on tracks could scavenge efficiently enough to be on the scoreboards in competition with the big mean hunter.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 31, 2012, 01:44:52 am »

RPG Game based on Neuroshima.

Unless there's already such game >.>
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 577