Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929290 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1890 on: February 21, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

yeah, we all know that by now

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 21, 2013, 10:23:50 pm »

An alternate western, 1st person open-ended RPG where there are things like dragons in the Sierra Nevadas. Aw hell, that sounds like an idea for a Skyrim total conversion...

An Elder Scrolls game with a naval combat mechanic, or any large-scale combat mechanic if you become a commander of some sort.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 21, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »

A whale harpoon hunting simulator, with DF like history and historically important characters.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34:43 pm »

A whale harpoon hunting simulator, with DF like history and historically important characters.
Or something like Oregon trail, but for the Northwest Passage, and you invariably die at the end.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:54 pm »

I'd certainly love to play as Captain Ahab. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 22, 2013, 12:04:18 am »

Something both fun and which doesn't distract me while I'm trying to finish a paper.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 22, 2013, 07:04:01 am »

An alternate western, 1st person open-ended RPG where there are things like dragons in the Sierra Nevadas. Aw hell, that sounds like an idea for a Skyrim total conversion...

An Elder Scrolls game with a naval combat mechanic, or any large-scale combat mechanic if you become a commander of some sort.

All I want is an Elder Scrolls game with an actual realistic amount of people. Armies of more then 10 men, massive castles, more than 30 people living in a city.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 22, 2013, 07:08:29 am »

Anything not developed by Bethesda then?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 22, 2013, 07:55:10 am »

All I want is an Elder Scrolls game with an actual realistic amount of people. Armies of more then 10 men, massive castles, more than 30 people living in a city.

GPU needs to become better before that can happen methinks, but eventually it will. :)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:24 am »

GPU needs to become better before that can happen methinks, but eventually it will. :)
Specifically console GPUs.
Because they keep making games with console releases in mind just as much as for PC. So they have to limit what they do to make sure consoles can run it. Which is kind of unfortunate. There are plenty of games that allow for huge armies, it's just that TES doesn't have any of them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 22, 2013, 01:10:47 pm »

Fortunately, the PS4 is as good as a current mid-range PC, so that should help.

Dunno what the new Xbox is gonna be like, though.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 22, 2013, 03:27:41 pm »

Here's one I'd like to see.
An open world rpg based on Ancient Greece and it's myths. It wouldn't necessarily be actually set in a historical Greece(I think that would be a bit restrictive) but have heavy themes of it. Of course it'd have to have a good seafaring element to it as well.

There are tons of monsters and enemies that could be based off the myths. You could gain favor with particular gods by doing tasks for them, and if you please them they would grant you boons, perhaps with items, blessings, and abilities. You could also recruit followers of that particular deity if you get in good enough favor with him/her. However, you would also run the risk of pissing off one of the gods, and they would try to curse you, or send their followers and monsters after you. Imagine saving a town from some marauding monster only to find out it was X goddess' favorite pet and now shes bent on ruining your life. You especially wouldn't want to wantonly slaughter a god's followers at a temple or something. The gods would always be competing with each other on the mortal plain, using heroes such as yourself as proxies.

Additionally there would be several city states. I'd like a map around as big as one of the last 3 tes games, but instead of a bunch of "cities" that feel like walled off towns there would only be a few well developed cities, as well as a few smaller towns scattered around. You could do freelance work for any or all of them, or dedicate yourself to one city and help it achieve superiority over the others. Perhaps you could represent one of the cities in some sort of contest with the other cities. Or you could just wander around the country side either helping people or terrorizing them. In addition to monsters there would be bandits and marauders of course, and you could either fight or ally yourself with demigods.

Mainly I'd really just like to run around with a spear and shield, smiting Greek mythological creatures. There would be a lot of character advancement, with you going from zero to hero.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »

A city simulator. I want to be able to walk around, nudge someone in front of a bus, follow the ambulance as they try to save them, hear the phonecall that's made to the wife, watch as the wife doesn't show up for work and someone doesn't get their pills because of it, then hide in a corner while he pulls a gun in a crowded building.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:20 pm »

The Greece RPG sounds fun:

Here's one I just thought of: a Civ game or Civ mod with alternate tech trees, and whichever one you wind up going down is (ideally, I SUPPOSE you could choose but that'd ruin the fun) randomly selected. Will your world become a steampunk world? Will androids become possible with roughly 1960s technology in other areas? Does Mars, in fact, have intelligent life? Does magic turn out to be real? FTL? Alchemical transmutation? Do humans wind up evolving into something else? Do aliens land? Maybe, like, 10 or 12 different futures.

It would definitely make the end-game more interesting. :D

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 22, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »

The Greece RPG sounds fun:

Here's one I just thought of: a Civ game or Civ mod with alternate tech trees, and whichever one you wind up going down is (ideally, I SUPPOSE you could choose but that'd ruin the fun) randomly selected. Will your world become a steampunk world? Will androids become possible with roughly 1960s technology in other areas? Does Mars, in fact, have intelligent life? Does magic turn out to be real? FTL? Alchemical transmutation? Do humans wind up evolving into something else? Do aliens land? Maybe, like, 10 or 12 different futures.

It would definitely make the end-game more interesting. :D
That could be pretty fun although I could see a lot of savescumming if some of the paths aren't as good as the others.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 577