Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929293 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2400 on: May 31, 2013, 02:51:19 am »

A game where you have to go around framing people for crimes. and then you're framed for framing a crime you didn't frame somebody for
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 31, 2013, 10:32:12 am »

Framingception?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 31, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)
Urban Assault is sorta like that. It's basically an RTS but you can direct control of individual units. It lacks infantry, just tanks, planes, and helicopters, and whatever the fuck the alien factions use.
That was a popular gimmick for RTSes a while back, I know some versions of TA: Spring have it, and there was a mythology-themed one I can't remember the name of.
Um... There is "Primal Carnage 2" thats out right now...
One part of the game is a FPS but there is a Commander Role that can be filled by a player that turns the game into an RTSlike. You can't directly control the other players but you can see and manipulate the map like most RTS games...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 31, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

A game where you have to go around framing people for crimes. and then you're framed for framing a crime you didn't frame somebody for
Uplink has that. So much of it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: June 01, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »

I want a game with two modes. the first like star wars battlefront, where you are just a regular soldier, nothing special, the second is controlling everything like an rts and you can swap between modes mid battle. (but it kills your troop if you go to rts mode to make it fair)
Urban Assault is sorta like that. It's basically an RTS but you can direct control of individual units. It lacks infantry, just tanks, planes, and helicopters, and whatever the fuck the alien factions use.
That was a popular gimmick for RTSes a while back, I know some versions of TA: Spring have it, and there was a mythology-themed one I can't remember the name of.
There's also Void Destroyer, kickstarting as we speak. But it is already fairly advanced, with a playable demo. I stress playable. Also enjoyable. (Back that sh*t up!)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:57 pm »

Anybody remember Splinter Cell Conviction? That, but a multiplayer-only game about ninjas in feudal Japan. Hide in the shadows, wait for an unsuspecting foe to pass underneath your hiding spot, and gank them when they walk by. It'd be difficult to encourage players to actually move around instead of rushing for all the best hiding spots and staying right there, though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 01, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »

A Red Orchestra like game set in the Spanish Civil war. You'd create a character, and basically customize their personal background and appearance. You could pick what nation they're from, what ideology they represent, and what their previous profession was. Each decision gives a small boost to a certain in-game mechanic, and your ideology represents who'll you'll be fighting for. It'd also have a large campaign map, where both sides are trying to win multiple battles over a long period of time (Similar to Planetside or WW2 Online.)

Your chosen political ideology would also serve as a sort of faction within the faction you chose, and you'll be working to sort of out perform opposing ideologies within your overall factions. The Communists want help repelling a group of volunteer fascists soliders? Too bad, you're an Anarchist and you hate their guts, so you're going to try assaulting a nearby town instead.

Character customization would also be extensive, and the more you fought the more options you'd have to customize your character. You'd start off wearing basically civilian clothing, but the more experienced you'd get the more military-like clothing would be available, and the more battle-worn your character would appear (Like in RO2.)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: June 01, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

Anybody remember Splinter Cell Conviction? That, but a multiplayer-only game about ninjas in feudal Japan. Hide in the shadows, wait for an unsuspecting foe to pass underneath your hiding spot, and gank them when they walk by. It'd be difficult to encourage players to actually move around instead of rushing for all the best hiding spots and staying right there, though.
So pretty much The Ship/The Ship's Kickstarted spiritual successor/Assassin Creed's multiplayer? You should check out all of those.
A Red Orchestra like game set in the Spanish Civil war. You'd create a character, and basically customize their personal background and appearance. You could pick what nation they're from, what ideology they represent, and what their previous profession was. Each decision gives a small boost to a certain in-game mechanic, and your ideology represents who'll you'll be fighting for. It'd also have a large campaign map, where both sides are trying to win multiple battles over a long period of time (Similar to Planetside or WW2 Online.)

Your chosen political ideology would also serve as a sort of faction within the faction you chose, and you'll be working to sort of out perform opposing ideologies within your overall factions. The Communists want help repelling a group of volunteer fascists soliders? Too bad, you're an Anarchist and you hate their guts, so you're going to try assaulting a nearby town instead.

Character customization would also be extensive, and the more you fought the more options you'd have to customize your character. You'd start off wearing basically civilian clothing, but the more experienced you'd get the more military-like clothing would be available, and the more battle-worn your character would appear (Like in RO2.)
Would you have the opportunity to shoot George Orwell?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Nulzilcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: June 01, 2013, 11:37:09 pm »

So, this, but with (competitive) multiplayer?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: June 02, 2013, 12:47:21 pm »

I want a game that is Diablo IN SPACE! Or maybe more like Torchlight IN SPACE!

I don't mean a game where you run in dark corridors and kill demon-like aliens with space swords. I mean actually being in a spaceship, flying around, maybe in an isometric view. While I think of games such as Freelancer as Diablo IN SPACE!, I want to be more literal: enemy ships that drop a Laser Cannon of the Fox that gives you +5 maneuverability and other "magic" loot like that. Green loot, blue loot, sets, all that crap. So basically, you have an equipment swap screen just like Diablo/TL... perhaps it only works in a spacedock, or not. Instead of classes, we could have the Merchant Ship, the Pirate Ship, etc.

That russian game, Space Rangers has a certain diablo-ish quality to the equipment and drops and ship "classes", but not really. They're just weapons with a level attached to them.

EDIT: Oh, and DarkStar One has an actual "skill tree" for your ship, that levels up. But it's a weird alien ship that eats alien gunk to become bigger and better. Hm, I think Pirates vs Zombies also has a skill tree?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:49:52 pm by Sergius »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: June 02, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »

Would you have the opportunity to shoot George Orwell?
I'm not the only one who read that book and had this as their first thought! Dammit, I was gonna post that.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: June 02, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »

But shooting him doesn't kill him, apparently, and he goes on to write about it. That would be a cool historic easter egg though :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: June 02, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »

I don't mean a game where you run in dark corridors and kill demon-like aliens with space swords.

Demon-like aliens...
Kreegans from Might and Magic universe anyone?

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: June 02, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »

I want a game that is Diablo IN SPACE! Or maybe more like Torchlight IN SPACE!

I don't mean a game where you run in dark corridors and kill demon-like aliens with space swords. I mean actually being in a spaceship, flying around, maybe in an isometric view. While I think of games such as Freelancer as Diablo IN SPACE!, I want to be more literal: enemy ships that drop a Laser Cannon of the Fox that gives you +5 maneuverability and other "magic" loot like that. Green loot, blue loot, sets, all that crap. So basically, you have an equipment swap screen just like Diablo/TL... perhaps it only works in a spacedock, or not. Instead of classes, we could have the Merchant Ship, the Pirate Ship, etc.

I hear that Drox Operative is more or less like this.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

A near-future space game that accurately portrays physics as it relates to orbital mechanics and acceleration.  Interstellar travel is enabled via wormholes and the game focuses on the war between several civilizations of about the same technological level.  The player is an officer who will choose between different commands, ranging from planetary defence fighters to cruisers with small support fleets. There should be a focus on immersion as the commander, interacting with your ship and your subordinates.

As the game goes on, the civilizations will develop new technologies, such as antimatter manipulation, reactionless drives, or wormhole creation.  You'll be able to shape the world by establishing outposts, capturing hostile technology, or discovering ruins.

Another idea, but much more brief: a ship sim on Bas-Lag.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 577