Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926752 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2505 on: June 16, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »

To quote myself:
Hardcore Awesomenauts
Battles are planet-scale, with multiple planets per game. Everything out there IS nasty - saw droids can and will cut your limbs off (unless you're Voltar, I guess), explosions destroy terrain. All of your weapons can overheat, which will stop them from shooting, or in the worst case scenario, they're gonna explode and blow your arm off (as will popping Spike's bubbles).
You have to scavenge for upgrades and Solar. Teleporting can randomly malfunction and teleport you to a random place - even the enemy ship. Oh, and you can also visit (and consequentially destroy) ships, which will prevent you from visiting other planets until another one arrives.

Characters now have much more mechanics related to their personalities - Clunk has anger management issues and can explode at random (with effects that you can probably guess by now), Genji (and Skolldir) have a bad attitude towards food, and don't be surprised if you suddenly drive the ship's food storage empty when you wanted to just eat a bit. Yeah, there's a hunger (and thirst) system in the game, which Clunk (and to a lesser extent Voltar) is "immune".
Oh, and morale is also a thing, which is a major problem for someone like Ayla (hello, this girl was put in a freakin' psychiatric ward not without reason).

Not that current Awesomenauts are even remotely close to being a bad game, though.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 16, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »

I sort of want to see a "randomized" ninja army game in a rougelike style, sort of like the newest Fire Emblem.

Units have three systems, and ALL units have such abilities.

1. Each unit has blade abilities determined by the weapons they wield. For instance, a unit with a katana and wakizashi would use different techniques from someone with with a two-handed sword, even if they were using the same style. Different combinations may be better with some styles than in others, such as a style based on movement not being as good with a two-handed sword than with a katana.

Many different combinations are possible, but there are only ever two slots to use at one time. For instance, a katana and Shuriken are a valid combination, two sets of Shuriken (They don't run out, but two sets mean you're going to be a shuriken machinegun), or a two-handed sword are also valid, but three katana are not.

---
The second system is spirit attacks- each unit gets an affinity, a detriment, and a starting skill.
For instance, one unit is good at water techniques but bad at metal techniques, and it's starting skill is Bomb. It's first available skill is Water Bomb, which fires a large orb of water that violently splashes everywhere once it makes contact. It makes for good crowd control. Later it can be upgraded, through prefixes determined semi-randomly (If your unit often winds up critically injured at the end of missions, the chances of vampiric or "more damage w/ less HP" prefixes go up, for instance) and a list of three are presented at the time the attack will be upgraded.

---

Lastly, all of your weapons can be forged to have a name, or by default, a prefix or suffix.
This is the least of the mechanics, however, it adds chances of things happening during your blade skills- such as a chance of poison. They are all more or less equal, and don't do much overall.

---

So, if I were to set up a unit, I could have:
Weapons:
Katana + Shuriken
Blade Tech:
Reaper Gambit (Katana. Heavily hurts actual chance to hit while guaranteeing an instant kill.)
Switch Storm (Shuriken+Katana. Numerous weak attacks followed by a guaranteed crit.)
Afterimage (Counters the next enemy attack with an unblockable but weak strike.)
Spirit Tech:
Multi Metal Disc (Originally was a single linear attack, now three discs at 55% power. It means that a miss is unimportant, but high defense enemies take less damage in general.)
Metal Swarm (Chooses an enemy within an area around the unit and does damage per turn as well as debuffs.)
---
The Shuriken, Mushimugen, has a chance to cause poison (5%).

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 17, 2013, 12:03:25 am »

Personally I wouldn't mind there being a World of Darkness MMO that was set in the Modern Nights and was also free to play. I mean, there is a World of Darkness MMO in development by the makers of EVE Online but it's likely going to be subscription-based and it's set in the Dark Ages. It's pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping for kind of.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:07 am »

was also free to play

Trust me that is what is going to kill your dream.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 17, 2013, 02:16:19 am »

was also free to play

Trust me that is what is going to kill your dream.
I don't trust the notion that pay-to-play games are superior to free-to-play games when every single pay-to-play game I have tried has been a miserable excuse for a game that I could not enjoy, though I will admit my experience with subscription-based games has been limited to maybe just a few as most of the games out there today are unplayable on my machine. Personally I hope the World of Darkness MMO that is in the works will be different and if it is I would gladly pay for a subscription as long as I could afford it, but it still stands that I've had more fun in free-to-play games. That may of course be because I don't participate in player-versus-player combat however and thus have no reason to pay-to-win or compete with the pay-to-win players in any given game.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 17, 2013, 02:31:22 am »

To quote myself:
Hardcore Awesomenauts
Battles are planet-scale, with multiple planets per game. Everything out there IS nasty - saw droids can and will cut your limbs off (unless you're Voltar, I guess), explosions destroy terrain. All of your weapons can overheat, which will stop them from shooting, or in the worst case scenario, they're gonna explode and blow your arm off (as will popping Spike's bubbles).
You have to scavenge for upgrades and Solar. Teleporting can randomly malfunction and teleport you to a random place - even the enemy ship. Oh, and you can also visit (and consequentially destroy) ships, which will prevent you from visiting other planets until another one arrives.

Characters now have much more mechanics related to their personalities - Clunk has anger management issues and can explode at random (with effects that you can probably guess by now), Genji (and Skolldir) have a bad attitude towards food, and don't be surprised if you suddenly drive the ship's food storage empty when you wanted to just eat a bit. Yeah, there's a hunger (and thirst) system in the game, which Clunk (and to a lesser extent Voltar) is "immune".
Oh, and morale is also a thing, which is a major problem for someone like Ayla (hello, this girl was put in a freakin' psychiatric ward not without reason).

Not that current Awesomenauts are even remotely close to being a bad game, though.

Again with assuming that not Hardcore = awful game.

EDIT: Wrong thread. Sorry.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:54 am »

GTA Star Wars

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:37 am »

A service like Byond, except with good netcode and a better 2d graphics engine.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 17, 2013, 09:54:33 am »

X-Com with ninjas and a movement system based around stealth and hiding and murdering people quietly. Nuff sed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:29 am »

A sequel to vampire the masquerade: bloodlines but with revamped combat mechanics and the ability to choose any clan and joining any of the factions + sandbox environment would be great. It could work as a not so over the top cross between gta and prototype but with more explorable indoor environments, and heavy masquerade penalties for being seen by humans while doing supernaltural things.

Additionaly, an open world rpg thing in which you're some sort of wandering soul able to possess any creature regardless of shape, size or background, but with some sort of experience mechanic tied to it to prevent you from taking control of super powerful things early on. Sort of like what messiah wanted (and failed) to do, but in a more serious tone, and in a medieval~victorian dark fantasy setting.
The game would actualy treat you like the npc you took control of, IE if you're a guard you're expected to do guard-like things, if you're a mayor you can give out orders and pass decrees upon the populace, if you're a cow you're expected to moo, etc. I heard the new planescape torment game will have something akin to this, but you'll probably only be able to take control of certain key story characters.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:14:33 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 17, 2013, 10:30:06 am »

revamped
I see what you did there.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 18, 2013, 07:09:45 pm »

Casual Gears of War:

Battlefields are sunny, and while the environments are still ruins, caves, wastelands and various fortifications at least they have many colors other than brown.

Blood and gore is minimal and there is no dismemberment, just the standard "burst of blood when you get hit and ragdoll when you die".  The current level of gore is still in the game, but as an unlockable easter egg called "overdrawn at the blood bank".

Marcus Fenix is still roughly the same character, but is the comically serious guy in a much more cheerful squad that is constantly exchanging friendly banter and commenting on the ridiculous overkill that many of their weapons represent.  The team gets along almost entirely and there is no more than one named character death per game that actually sticks.

The Locust are still a horde of monsters trying to kill humanity, but their character designs are less grim and fleshy looking and more simply alien.  There is at least one type of locust that is entertainingly stupid.

The multiplayer doesn't track K/D, and the community is wide enough that there are no implicit rules like "only gnasher" and "no kill theifing", because not enough people would follow them anyway.  You can chose between at least 5 guns for each slot.  The gameplay isn't quite so tilted towards forcing people to fight at extreme close range, although the cover system still makes ranged kills hard.  The heavy weapons that are always lying in the center of the arena are more exaggeratedly effective, representing almost automatic kills in exchange for very low ammo counts.

Health is significantly less but all players automatically revive in all modes (as opposed to needing help or bleeding out).  Players can choose to respawn instantly if they are downed and the mode allows it (which almost all do) and there is no form of execution that makes it take longer to respawn.  Game modes that require close combat or put a lot of responsibility on one player are switched out for modes that provide wide shifts in gameplay, such as attack/defense, larger scale battles, or a rotating set of unusual silly modes a la Halo 3's grab bag.

I want this to exist

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 18, 2013, 07:46:39 pm »

Receiver with a slow-zombie horror setting instead of a vaguely cyberpunk apartment complex.  The approaching zombies would give you time to fumble around trying to reload your gun while still killing you if you failed.  And the whole scavenging for individual bullets thing fits much better with a post-apocalypse anyway.

Damn taserbots don't ever give you enough time to reload your gun.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 18, 2013, 07:55:04 pm »

Receiver with a slow-zombie horror setting instead of a vaguely cyberpunk apartment complex.  The approaching zombies would give you time to fumble around trying to reload your gun while still killing you if you failed.  And the whole scavenging for individual bullets thing fits much better with a post-apocalypse anyway.

I would buy this game.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 18, 2013, 08:17:54 pm »

I would buy this game.
All my +1s.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 577