Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929562 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3165 on: October 09, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

Kind of like the tribal stage of Spore, before EA hit it on the head and left it with a profound mental retardation in order to market it to toddlers?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:47:34 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: October 09, 2013, 06:34:38 pm »

An online game where players live in a world with different phase-levels, like instances of the world that overlap, so a player can phase into the jungle version to use some vines to climb up and then phase into the frozen version to travel along an ice slide. Might see some loot on the other side of a frozen ice wall, and have to switch from ice world to lava world to get past the wall, then phase back into ice to get the loot.

Gear is themed according to the world in which you found it. Monsters aren't just reskinned, they have different animations and bodies depending on which world layer you're in. But a yeti in one would become a sasquatch in another.

PVP can involve barring someone else from phase-changing, or forcing a phase change, which would hopefully get the player away from you or drop him into a sticky situation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: October 09, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

Soul Reaver have a somewhat limited version of that, between the real world and the infra world.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: October 09, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »

I think I may have played a demo of soul reaver at some point.

But I'm pretty sure I didn't enjoy the demo enough to play it long enough to get to any kind of world-swapping.

Now that I think about it, this is basically just Zelda: Link to the Past. Nevermind!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »

Kind of like the tribal stage of Spore, before AE hit it on the head and left it with a profound mental retardation in order to market it to toddlers?
Kind of, but not strategy based, well there would be strategy involved probably, but from a RPG/You control a single entity perspective.

And I'm glad someone else knows about what Spore could have been. I remember fondly watching the pre-release demo vids and it was awesome, and then they dumbed it RIGHT the fuck down.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:31 pm »

We all hold the grudge...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »

I want Tom Clancy games with depth back. No more cover shooters plox. :X

Always remember that Splinter Cell could have gone the other direction and become one of the best stealth series ever, but instead chose to become a cover shooter with extremely gullible enemies.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: October 10, 2013, 12:59:43 am »

Always remember that Splinter Cell could have gone the other direction and become one of the best stealth series ever, but instead chose to become a cover shooter with extremely gullible enemies.

I'm sure you've heard of them, but I remember the squad based games "Rainbow Six" that were based on Tom Clancy books. Tad old as it came out in 1998. I couldn't give you more information as all I remember was playing the demo and telling my squadmates to go all over the place with no tactics.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: October 10, 2013, 01:06:31 am »

They evolved in the ghost recon series which kept some of the realism and streamlined gameplay, sometine for good, sometime for bad.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: October 10, 2013, 01:10:10 am »

A GTA game where you play as a beat cop, and try to eradicate crime or go corrupt, stuff like that. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: October 10, 2013, 01:47:42 am »

I'm sure you've heard of them, but I remember the squad based games "Rainbow Six" that were based on Tom Clancy books. Tad old as it came out in 1998. I couldn't give you more information as all I remember was playing the demo and telling my squadmates to go all over the place with no tactics.

I've played Rainbow Six 3 and a few of its spinoffs, but my understanding is that they're not quite as complex as previous games in the series. They're still damn hard games and pretty fun too, just not complex or even remotely realistic in the details, like apparently having an infinite variety of weapons from many countries to use.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:07 am »

Rainbow Six Las Vegas, is just a crap cover base fps.

Everything is just more difficult then it should be.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: October 10, 2013, 01:52:51 am »

There's some newer Rainbow Six games though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:17 am »

A GTA game where you play as a beat cop, and try to eradicate crime or go corrupt, stuff like that.

True Crime LA & NY for PS2 and, at least the latter, PC. The main storyline focuses on you taking down larger organization(s) (LA and NY respectively), but most of the time you can just cruise around the city, respond to dispatches and/or perform mass personal searches, and that in turn lowers the crime level in the area.

There's also a good cop/bad cop system where you get good cop points for doing good things like non-lethal takedowns, refusing bribes, stuff like that, and bad cop points for going for headshots, accepting bribes, threatening shopkeepers for money and the like, the total number of which influences the ending, plus career points for doing police work this way or another for salary and a kind of level-up system (you get access to better weapons, cars, etc. at the precint, though you can buy illegal weapons in pawn shops from the beginning, and the level of the dispatches increases).

I wonder, now that Tom Clancy is dead, will there still be Tom Clancy games?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: October 10, 2013, 02:09:33 am »

Isn't sleeping dogs basically that + martial arts?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 577