Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926927 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3195 on: October 15, 2013, 04:43:05 pm »

So basically BFEL a game where you run a dojo.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 15, 2013, 06:55:35 pm »

Lord Of The Rings: The Actually Good Video Game. Leading a party of adventurers, bearing various mind-bending and treachery-creating artifacts across the land to a volcano/chasm/pool full of frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams, trying to keep the party from falling apart.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 15, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »

Lord Of The Rings: The Actually Good Video Game. Leading a party of adventurers, bearing various mind-bending and treachery-creating artifacts across the land to a volcano/chasm/pool full of frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams, trying to keep the party from falling apart.

I'm pretty content with Lord of the Rings: The Sort-of Alright Videogames we have. Except Battle for Middle-Earth, which is terrible no matter what way you cut it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »

Fuck you, battle for middle earth is great.

Just don't talk about the second one.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:44 pm »

I'm pretty content with Lord of the Rings: The Sort-of Alright Videogames we have. Except Battle for Middle-Earth, which is terrible no matter what way you cut it.

The sad thing is that LOTR mods for other games are typically better then LOTR games themselves. Third Age - Total War anyone?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 15, 2013, 10:18:19 pm »

It's been ages since I've played them but I remember rather liking the second one over the first. I think it was the whole build-walls-and-semi-castle thing. The method of sticking those slaughter pens around the map as efficiently as possible was quite annoying though.

Third Age: Total War is really impressive. The things they've been able to do, like recreating entire cities, effecting underground areas and dense forests really pushes what the engine of Medieval 2 is capable of. Tends to take a game a while to get going though, along with the usual things in Total War like Mordor getting offed early by Gondor or something.

I think I was playing a game of it a while back, though I hit a bug with an army of Ents led by Treebeard where the battle kept crashing. I should look for a fix for that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 16, 2013, 12:00:36 am »

I liked the second one more than the first one too. It let you build stuff more freely, instead of arbitarily restricting you to some pre-determined slots.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: October 16, 2013, 01:34:37 am »

My biggest problem is that cavalry in BFME trumps everything but heroes, pikemen and other cavalry, and there's heroes and archers to deal with all of the above. Other than that it's fairly well-done, and I had quite a bit of fun with the Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith missions.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 16, 2013, 10:19:04 am »

I like how LOTR BFME 2 is always read in my head as "Lord of the Rings, Buttfuck me too!" :P

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 16, 2013, 11:53:18 am »

With your username, that acronym could be awkward.

Misguided or no, I loved the SNES LOTR game. Sure, it was 20 hours of Fetch Quest... but get a bunch of buddies together, and a 9-controller multitap, and you can play as the entire freakin' fellowship, doing vaguely LOTR things, like getting lost in gigantic wilderness areas, protect whoever played Frodo from bullshit Barrow Wights and venomous snakes, run from Nazgul, and spend 18 hours of IRL time arguing with your friends about how to get out of Moria, when you have no Athelas left to heal with, and half the party with mortal wounds. Oh, and Dat Permadeath. Say goodbye to your hobbits if you ain't careful.

Basically, it was a multiplayer graphical Roguelike.With some pretty sexy SNES music. I do not expect we will see a game quite like that again.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 16, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »

Fuck you BFMEII had some of the best multiplayer of any RTS

EDIT: ...EEEVEEER
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: October 16, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »

Never got the second one. Had a lot of fun with the first one, though, especially as Rohan. The combination of cavalry and elves was pretty amazing if used properly. The game had a bizarre capacity to fragment your hard drive, though. No idea how they managed it, but you had to defrag your hard drive after just a few hours of playing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:14 pm »

MMORTS Where players are forced into a faction to control a world in real time using ever upgrading units, so they can expand their faction to another world.
Crack-a-lack-a

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 16, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »

MMORTS Where players are forced into a faction to control a world in real time using ever upgrading units, so they can expand their faction to another world.
Dust514?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 17, 2013, 09:42:09 am »

Fuck you BFMEII had some of the best multiplayer of any RTS

EDIT: ...EEEVEEER
I played sooo much BFMEII with my friends and family over LAN. I preferred the dwarves, everyone else used elves. Every single time.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 577