Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929363 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3300 on: October 27, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »

Right now I think I need a really distracting and easy game that is inexpensive.
http://armorgames.com/play/2044/
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 27, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »

2) A Investigation game where you play a series of investigators over a course of years. You generate your investigator, chose their birth date, then do a series of missions until you die or retire. The goal of the game is to stop the end of the world but in order to do so a series of mysteries and allies must be obtained from your pool of investigators. The major push is that you can do missions and have a previous investigator show up as a major NPC.
That sounds unusually familiar. Or at least:
2) A Investigation game where you play a series of investigators over a course of years. You generate your investigator, chose their birth date, then do a series of missions until you die or retire.

Are you sure this doesn't already exist?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 27, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »

No there is no "Generated series of investigators" game.

A Roguelike mystery game would be epic.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:13 am »

I want a jousting game where the wood of you jousting lance matters along with the armour you choose and the speed of your horse.
So you want Dwarf Fortress to simulate Jousting?

Sounds wicked awesome.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 28, 2013, 02:27:56 am »

I think I remember Toady saying something about working on factoring velocity and many other things into combat as part of the combat overhaul, but I don't know if that's coming this version.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 28, 2013, 02:54:10 am »

I think I remember Toady saying something about working on factoring velocity and many other things into combat as part of the combat overhaul, but I don't know if that's coming this version.

There's some degree of velocity in minecarts isn't there? I remember people making A.S.O.D* shotguns by suddenly stopping a minecart in it's tracks, launching it's cargo across the layer.

Also, whenever I see the word Joust I'm reminded of ostriches flying around lancing eggs and pterodactyls.

*Assorted spikey objects of doom
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:19 am »

There's some degree of velocity in minecarts isn't there? I remember people making A.S.O.D* shotguns by suddenly stopping a minecart in it's tracks, launching it's cargo across the layer.

There is, but outside of that velocity doesn't exist in combat. I'm not sure how the "charge" attack preference works, but I don't think speed actually factors into that either.

And that reminds me, why can't we have a modern update of Joust? :T
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 28, 2013, 05:58:28 am »

And that reminds me, why can't we have a modern update of Joust? :T

Whenever someone mentions a modern update of a game, I am painfully reminded of That Game I want remade. I won't name it because I already did before.

So let's talk about something else: a conspiracy simulation. Not a conspiracy theory simulation like Deus Ex, a game where you control a conspiracy.

The closest I've seen to it was an old DOS game Floor 13 - you would control a secret government department tasked with maintaining the good image of the ruling party by discrediting vocal political opponents, taking care of suspected terrorists, ordering assasinations or black ops raids and so on.

The thing is, it was played from a First Person Desk Jockey perspective, which might have artistic purposes - for example, you ordered torture of a person, and all you see is a dry, formal report - but the gameplay's repetitiveness combined with that made for a not terribly exciting game.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 29, 2013, 05:39:26 pm »

The thing is, it was played from a First Person Desk Jockey perspective, which might have artistic purposes - for example, you ordered torture of a person, and all you see is a dry, formal report - but the gameplay's repetitiveness combined with that made for a not terribly exciting game.

IMO, get the people who made Surgeon Simulator to make it, then get these guys to play it.

You'll make millions [of people piss themselves laughing].

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: October 30, 2013, 02:34:03 am »

Legend of Zelda as a Mario 64-style 3D platformer and Mario as an Ocarina of Time-style 3D action-adventure game.

Also, I've just realized that XCOM gameplay + any vaguely sci-fi setting will work perfectly. Therefore, a completely open and moddable version of XCOM (either oldcom or newcom) would be amazing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:37:41 am by itisnotlogical »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 30, 2013, 06:11:51 am »

Legend of Zelda as a Mario 64-style 3D platformer and Mario as an Ocarina of Time-style 3D action-adventure game.

Also, I've just realized that XCOM gameplay + any vaguely sci-fi setting will work perfectly. Therefore, a completely open and moddable version of XCOM (either oldcom or newcom) would be amazing.
I believe there was once a LoZ platformer and nobody liked it. SM64 is pretty much the other.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 30, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »

This isn't really a game I wish existed as much as a game idea that came to me in a dream/the sleepy minutes after I woke up, that seemed pretty cool but that I probably won't actually do anything with.

It was a smaller scale squad-based tabletop wargame akin to Mordheim or Necromunda, but in a near-future setting where the world is in a permanent frozen winter after a rogue star altered its orbit.  Standard wargame stuff, the special thing was a card game element where each player has a (probably small) deck of cards and can use them for special stuff, ranging from extra equipment and off map weapon support to lethal cold snaps or attacks by wild animals.  In my head there were three or four different factions with some variations on their unit selection and such, but primarily differentiated by the cards.  There was some kind of high-tech faction that uses cold-resistant robots for support, a stereotypical apocalypse bandit faction with stuff like booby trap cards and improvised weapons, a survivor faction that didn't have anything, just the vague idea, and a cult faction that worshiped the rogue star and could influence the weather/wildlife.
Shoes...

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 30, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

As much as I love Jagged Alliance, XCOM (and X-COM), Silent Storm, and those kind of strategy TBS games, I'm dying for a Disgaea-like game on PC. I want a nearly pointless grind and a dumb amount of options.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: November 01, 2013, 11:22:58 am »

A game where you play as an Age of Discovery-style explorer of a randomly generated, fully 3D world, with different settings and options such as Natives or Megafauna (either there are natives there, or the Megafauna of the New World has been untouched by man and you still got Mammoths), different areas.

And most importantly, an option to choose your home civilization. Ancient Rome/Greece? Spain/France/Britain? Norse/Vinland/Leif Erikson? Zheng He's treasure fleet? Polynesian settlers? Japanese Medieval/Edo period? Magic? Magitek? Steampunk? ALIENS/sci-fi (this'd be for a whole planet and such)

It'd be awesome. Especially if you were an immortal explorer and could watch your explored areas get settled and develop. Fight against them or with them in a war of independence, and such.

And it'd be a first/third-person, one-character game. Not like Civ or Colonization.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: November 02, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »

A version of TTT where everyone gets an interesting role.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 577