Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926740 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3510 on: January 31, 2014, 10:56:06 pm »

Huh, that's actually kind of close to what I want.
What I specifically want is a Warhammer 40,000 game.  Not one where you are the commander leading an unstoppable army.  Not one where you are a genetically engineer super-soldier.  No, not even one where you get to play as a Kaskrin.  No, I want a game where you play as an Imperial Guardsmen.  The respawn system would work in two ways.  For your average death you just switch to another guardsmen in your  platoon.   The other way you would respawn is if your platoon is brought to below a particular strength, or you fail an objective.   It could be handled many ways.  You could have a sort of roleplaying mechanic, with your platoon getting more experienced, and moved to veteran status at some point if you are good at staying alive.  Or you could be put in command, and the game could be tactically based, with your subordinate being promoted on your death.   
Or you could be in command of a company of Baneblades.  I could deal with that.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:51 pm »

Aurora with Sins of a Solar Empire graphics.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: February 01, 2014, 02:43:38 am »

What I specifically want is a Warhammer 40,000 game.  Not one where you are the commander leading an unstoppable army.  Not one where you are a genetically engineer super-soldier.  No, not even one where you get to play as a Kaskrin.  No, I want a game where you play as an Imperial Guardsmen.  The respawn system would work in two ways.  For your average death you just switch to another guardsmen in your  platoon.   The other way you would respawn is if your platoon is brought to below a particular strength, or you fail an objective.   It could be handled many ways.  You could have a sort of roleplaying mechanic, with your platoon getting more experienced, and moved to veteran status at some point if you are good at staying alive.  Or you could be put in command, and the game could be tactically based, with your subordinate being promoted on your death.   

Commissar the game.  You must make the choice of whether to shoot your enemies... or your allies.  Either way the Imperium has your back because they love anything that makes the Guard's lives miserable or short.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: February 01, 2014, 09:54:28 pm »

Dungeon Keeper, except instead of taking place underground, it takes place in Castlevania. You are Dracula and you have to make sure your minions are healthy and happy when the angry mob / church / belmonts / rebellious sons start attacking.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: February 02, 2014, 02:05:39 pm »

Commissar the game.  You must make the choice of whether to shoot your enemies... or your allies.  Either way the Imperium has your back because they love anything that makes the Guard's lives miserable or short.
In it you have a "No retreat" button.   If pressed time slows down to a crawl.   With it you can head shot your guardsmen with perfect accuracy, restoring their "Morale" to full.   If you hit an enemy your guardsmen will take it as you covering their retreat, and will start running much farther. leaving you alone with a bunch of very, very angry orks. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

blazing glory

« Reply #3515 on: February 02, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »

In it you have a "No retreat" button.   If pressed time slows down to a crawl.   With it you can head shot your guardsmen with perfect accuracy, restoring their "Morale" to full.   If you hit an enemy your guardsmen will take it as you covering their retreat, and will start running much farther. leaving you alone with a bunch of very, very angry orks.
I don't really know anything about warhammer but how does shooting your own men restore morale?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3516 on: February 02, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »

I don't really know anything about warhammer but how does shooting your own men restore morale?
If your men are more scared of being shot by you than the enemy then they won't run. "Morale" restored! :D

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: February 02, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »

Until someone told me it's not meant to be taken seriously, I always held Warhammer to be one of the dumbest franchises I'd ever heard of. I still don't like the Aesthetic, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »

Until someone told me it's not meant to be taken seriously, I always held Warhammer to be one of the dumbest franchises I'd ever heard of. I still don't like the Aesthetic, though.

Is it not grimdark enough for you? Needs more skulls!

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: February 02, 2014, 09:51:07 pm »

This is exactly how I feel about Warhammer after just learning its not meant to be taken seriously just now.

Its just that some people seem so seriously "into" it.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: February 02, 2014, 10:01:45 pm »

I've found the biggest fans of Warhammer seem to be the ones that don't quite get it's supposed to be silly, just painted black. It's weird and embarrassing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: February 02, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »

I've found the biggest fans of Warhammer seem to be the ones that don't quite get it's supposed to be silly, just painted black. It's weird and embarrassing.
Painted black, adorned with skulls, and menacing with spikes of awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: February 02, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »

I wish for a game, and point one out if you know one, for a game, an RPG preferably, that's got a very in-depth magic system, in the fashion that you have to prepare spells, collect ingredients, and generally don't have a lot of mana, so scrolls would actually be important. So unless your like the arch-mage who's extremely talented and practiced, you can't go around starting apocalypse-level firestorms willynilly. Similar, mayhaps, to the narrative magic of the DnD universe.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:01 pm »

Warhammer is supposed to be silly?  ???

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: February 02, 2014, 10:40:17 pm »

It's the definition of silly meh lad!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 577