Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926831 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3900 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

Well, looks like I'm finally getting I game I've wished for for a long time: Assassin's Creed in the French revolution.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 04, 2014, 07:54:02 am »

I'd like to see a game of the Russian Revolution, in the vein of HOI or other Paradox games, with the ability to play as any faction and take over as Ukrainian anarchists or something. Being able to take it up to WWII or further would be cool too, but that's probably unrealistic.

Paradox specifically avoided that era because they didn't want to become "Atrocity Simulator 2000"

And they did make a WW II game? It would be funny, if it wasn't terrifying. They are cheerfully ignoring existence of swastikas, they shouldn't have a problem ignoring anything else, really.
That said, I would be happy with some kind of HoI III mod with few dozen countries, each equally powerful, instead of three major block crashing into each other. Russian revolution times could be nice approximation...
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51:45 pm »

I think it would be hilarious if an FPS set in wartime had "atrocity mode", "default", and "lighthearted". With the carebear mode you'll see a soldier walk up to someone and instead of bashing his face in with a rifle butt he'll hand him teat and crumpets, who accepts them and munches. Then the guy falls down as usual.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 04, 2014, 06:02:14 pm »

I think it would be hilarious if an FPS set in wartime had "atrocity mode", "default", and "lighthearted". With the carebear mode you'll see a soldier walk up to someone and instead of bashing his face in with a rifle butt he'll hand him teat and crumpets, who accepts them and munches. Then the guy falls down as usual.

how absurd.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 04, 2014, 06:29:40 pm »

In lighthearted mode, the story is that you have to give everyone tea and crumpets cos everyone's quite hungry. You have tea and crumpet launchers. Get to it.

In atrocity mode, the story is that two sides are attempting to out-atrocity the other in order to get more time on foreign news channels later that day. You have no honour and have a lot of guns. Get to it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 04, 2014, 07:58:56 pm »

A sandbox mmorpg...with amazing ai that is better than ryzom (best ai in an mmo) with a dynamic world (not gw2 fake shit. That's not dynamic. Ryzom world. Changing seasons, migrating herds...real ai...but better)

No forced PvP...

So like ryzom...but by an AAA company that can fund it. Ryzom gets MAYBE one update...a year...

Yup never happening.

*goes back to modded Skyrim*...does same exact thing. Just no people sadly to group with or huge boss raids or interaction. Gets dynamic world, ai and seasons and everything else with mods. And ESO ai is stupid like other MMOs. Not good like ryzom.

Feels like a ryzom ad now...but its only mmo with a REAL dynamic world and better ai than most single player games. But its dead and not AAA enough for funding.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:04:12 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 04, 2014, 08:01:07 pm »

Man, I remember Ryzom. I used to play the shit out of that game in ages past.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 04, 2014, 08:06:15 pm »

Man, I remember Ryzom. I used to play the shit out of that game in ages past.

Yeah. Best mmo. Too bad company is gameforge and update slower than a sloth. Needs a big company to fund it. No other mmo had ai like it or a dynamic world like it
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 04, 2014, 08:38:02 pm »

Ryzom sounds interesting. Do you think it's still playing today?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 08, 2014, 11:18:43 am »

That's true, it'd be difficult to balance gameplay with reality in a respectful way, and I'd say the tone Paradox uses in most of their games is too lighthearted for it, even in something like HOI.
You can barefacedly pretend that nothing of the sort is happening. There are a lot of events in Vicky where for some reason 2% of a certain population disappears or 10%. No explanations are offered- presumably all the angry, militant people just went out for a pack of smokes one day and never really came back. That doesn't even take into effect all the cultural imperialism, where you keep people out of schools and jobs to keep your prestige up. Sure, Paradox, the issue at stake was "roadsigns", not having them has totally sapped the people's will to learn literacy.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 12, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »

A game where you play as a military researcher of an alien civilization at war with the humanity. Your role is to analyze enemy weapons & equipment (based on reports of your soldiers and whatever they may have scavenged) while trying to come up with new equipment for your own army to eventually end the war, either in your or humans' favor.

You can test both yours and enemy weapons that you have at your disposal (all you would get would be the reports since you are not doing those yourself directly), analyze particular parts of the weapons and see how they work, see how you can incorporate your knowledge into your already-existing designs and how to counter the enemy with them.
For instance, you could have received a report from the higher-ups that they need a new anti-armor weapon to deal with the heavily-armored human tanks. You could try to reverse-engineer nuclear weapons the humans have been using previously against you or maybe develop plasma weapons based on the technology you've recently received...Etc.

And then there's the chance that the command doesn't actually like your creation and they turn the idea down, forcing you to make something else and think differently.
So through your actions you could determine the outcome of the human-alien war without ever directly participating in it...

A relevant pic I made (before thinking of the idea for this game):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 12, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »

After all this discussion I went and looked up Ryzom. I then learned that I already had it installed on my computer and had promptly forgotten all about it. I guess MMOs aren't for me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 12, 2014, 06:43:57 pm »

-snip-
At first I thought this was the 'games you've forgotten the nane of' thread, and was severely disappointed when I realised this doesn't exist.
The world needs more report-based games.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:32 am »

Two different wishes right now.

A realistic open-world crime game. As in, you have to be subtle as hell in any illegal activities or the cops gonn' getcha.

A re-release/new version of Metal Gear Online. Man, I loved that game.
If they just brought the exact same game back out I would play it. :(

Edit: Oh wait, there's a new MGO coming out?! :o
* Yoink is happy now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:04:31 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 13, 2014, 10:44:14 am »

After all this discussion I went and looked up Ryzom. I then learned that I already had it installed on my computer and had promptly forgotten all about it. I guess MMOs aren't for me.

Wasn't Ryzom that game that had a really interesting tutorial that made it seem like it was a really different MMO but then when you got to the "main" map it turned out it had a ton of micropayments or something...
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 577