Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929479 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4065 on: June 08, 2014, 11:01:33 am »

In M-1, you are hired to help out the noble, courageous right-wing Colombian government wipe out the evil left-wing rebels
Mercenaries 1 is about a war in Korea with the player doing missions for the Americans, the South Koreans, the Chinese, and the Russian Mafia, most centered around weakening the North Korean military or rescuing VIPs (except the Russians, those missions were strictly about money). I'm not sure what game you played.

Aren't those games terrible anyways?
I enjoyed the first one.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:03:22 am by NobodyPro »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: June 08, 2014, 11:13:39 am »

Ahh I might have mixed up Mercs 1 with another game, but there was definitely a pro-colombia one I read about. Hmm, was sure it was that one, not sure now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 08, 2014, 11:36:08 am »

So prison Architect, but with a school?

Yeah, we could call it Prison Architect!

Oddly enough schools and prisons are constructed in very much the same manner.

Ahh I might have mixed up Mercs 1 with another game, but there was definitely a pro-colombia one I read about. Hmm, was sure it was that one, not sure now

I don't blame you a lot of games sound very similar.

For example: Freedom Force versus Freedom Fighters... Or Fable and Fable
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:38:38 am by Neonivek »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4068 on: June 08, 2014, 04:32:27 pm »

Ahh I might have mixed up Mercs 1 with another game, but there was definitely a pro-colombia one I read about. Hmm, was sure it was that one, not sure now.
Yeah I've not a clue what game that might be. It could almost be Just Cause but in both games you're CIA protecting American interests.

I enjoyed the first one.
I've been wanting to play it for a long time but recently I heard a lot of ragging on it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 08, 2014, 05:00:13 pm »

The first Mercenaries was, I shit you not, the best sandbox game on the original xbox.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4070 on: June 08, 2014, 05:05:30 pm »

The first Mercenaries was, I shit you not, the best sandbox game on the original xbox.
I should go play that. I know someone who owns it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:09 pm »

A turn based strategy with fully functional time travel ala Achron.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 08, 2014, 05:35:39 pm »

A turn based strategy with fully functional time travel ala Achron.
Did somebody say "You can makes games using Resequence because it's provided with Achron?"
Because that's a thing. As far as I know it should be possible to set up waves to pass like that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 08, 2014, 11:35:12 pm »

This one is kind of skirting the premise, but I want a dedicated emulation card for PCs. Something with a bunch of different processors with architectures that work perfectly with games for older consoles or computers. Preferably with a Steam like service that lets you buy and download disc images and manages emulation settings. The processors would use more recent technology to be smaller and more efficient while maintaining compatibility with games designed for their original versions. I'd also like if it could make use of OpenGL/DirectX on standard PC graphics cards instead of having to use its own dedicated GPUs.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 09, 2014, 12:13:27 am »

That's a cool idea.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: June 09, 2014, 12:35:45 am »

Developing this card with the gamut of emulation chips just sounds unworkable as an idea, sorry. Better to just improve open source emulation software, because that's cross-platform already and it would be less work, less money, more results.

Emulation problems only really matter if you want to play XBox or Playstation or more recent console games on your PC, and I just won't believe it if you think getting an entire working XBox onto a PCI-card which also emulates all the 1980's machines is a workable or good idea.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 09, 2014, 12:55:38 am »

You could probably do it with Xbox.  My understanding is that Xbox emulation is hard, because you need to emulate the hardware and BIOS of the mobo and processing systems.  Microsoft could probably put the processors and directly supporting hardware on the card and farm out things like memory and storage to the PC's systems.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 09, 2014, 01:37:16 am »

This one is kind of skirting the premise, but I want a dedicated emulation card for PCs. Something with a bunch of different processors with architectures that work perfectly with games for older consoles or computers. Preferably with a Steam like service that lets you buy and download disc images and manages emulation settings. The processors would use more recent technology to be smaller and more efficient while maintaining compatibility with games designed for their original versions. I'd also like if it could make use of OpenGL/DirectX on standard PC graphics cards instead of having to use its own dedicated GPUs.

That would cost far too much money for effectively zero advantage (and numerous disadvantages) over software emulators.

You could probably do it with Xbox.  My understanding is that Xbox emulation is hard, because you need to emulate the hardware and BIOS of the mobo and processing systems.  Microsoft could probably put the processors and directly supporting hardware on the card and farm out things like memory and storage to the PC's systems.

TBH given the size of the market for that sort of thing, such a card would probably end up costing more than a second hand XBox.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 09, 2014, 02:25:59 am »

What you're thinking of sounds more like a preservationist sort of project than the average consumer would need for emulation.

I'd definitely love to see something like you're describing in a museum setting, or maybe in a computer science classroom. A giant arcade-machine like thing that can be a Macintosh, or an Amiga, or an Atari, or a SNES.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:32:03 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

blazing glory

« Reply #4079 on: June 09, 2014, 05:19:05 am »

I would like a game where you design giant robots with parts and being able to do missions with sidequests with the things,but you never get any "store" for parts,all you can do is salvage stuff and hope you can cobble it together well enough to survive the next mission,the game would include third/first person combat as well.

EDIT Also you would be able to completely affect the overall design,if you wanted you could make a tank,which of course suffers from lack of mobility,you could make a rigid biped that doesn't have many joints in the legs,at the cost of increased damage to the legs due to being brittle,you could also make wings that would increase mobility but makes the wings a target to send you crashing into the ground,or you can make some wacko design that's never been done before and has penalties from how it's made.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:26:19 am by blazing glory »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 577