Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926762 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4200 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:49 pm »

There is a Prime 3; it's only Wii though.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: July 12, 2014, 05:23:30 pm »

I wish there were more 3D games in the Metroidvania style. We need a term for those. Metroidvania Prime?
It doesn't matter if it's 3D. Any game where you explore to get items that let you reach new areas to explore is a metroidvania.

I wish there was a Prime 3! Those games were fun! D: *digs up gamecube*
There was a Prime 3, though it wasn't for Gamecube. Unless you're implying that the real Prime 3 wasn't a *real* Prime 3, which could be reasonably argued.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4202 on: July 12, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »

I wish there were more 3D games in the Metroidvania style. We need a term for those. Metroidvania Prime?
It doesn't matter if it's 3D. Any game where you explore to get items that let you reach new areas to explore is a metroidvania.

There was a Prime 3, though it wasn't for Gamecube. Unless you're implying that the real Prime 3 wasn't a *real* Prime 3, which could be reasonably argued.
Huh. I didn't know there was a Prime 3. It's rated well, but I don't use my Wii except to play Smash and Zelda and Pikmin.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »

Huh. I didn't know there was a Prime 3. It's rated well, but I don't use my Wii except to play Smash and Zelda and Pikmin.
It is very different from Prime and Prime 2 in some ways though. It's generally more FPSish than the first two. And every Prime game had ways of adding additional level-space; Metroid Prime had a bunch of different areas, Prime 2 had the dark world, and Prime 3 has various different planets at the cost of each planet having about as much content as a single area in one of the other games.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4204 on: July 12, 2014, 05:35:55 pm »

Neato.

blazing glory

« Reply #4205 on: July 12, 2014, 07:31:02 pm »

Though I do hope that a Prime 4 will come around,they were fun.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: July 12, 2014, 07:53:55 pm »

Nintendo @ E3 2015:

"We ah belly excite to announce new Metroid: Other M Part 2!"

Though if they ever did make an MP4, I might buy whatever the current console at the time was just for that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:49 pm »

Ohh Gawd...

I'd just about scream if they made another Other M...

The ONLY way I wouldn't want to dismantle Nintendo is if it was actually a parody of Other M.

But given Sakamoto REALLY doesn't know why people hate Other M (because he is a moron...) I doubt he has the sense of humor to allow a parody of it.

Though yeah I'd like a parody of Other M to be made into a videogame.

blazing glory

« Reply #4208 on: July 12, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »

Nintendo @ E3 2015:

"We ah belly excite to announce new Metroid: Other M Part 2!"

Ugh,Other M was......alright,but "alright" doesn't really cut it.

Though chances are we'll end up getting another Other M,seeing how Nintendo's primary console is the Wii U,I don't see First Person game play with a Gamepad.

*Sigh*

Unless Nintendo announces another console which supports First Person gameplay I don't think we're going to get another Prime any time soon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: July 12, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

Why could there not be a first-person game on Wii U? There's already been some, iirc. Although I would prefer Super Metroid 2 tbh :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

blazing glory

« Reply #4210 on: July 12, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

Why could there not be a first-person game on Wii U? There's already been some, iirc. Although I would prefer Super Metroid 2 tbh :P

I don't really see how first person would play well with the way the Gamepad is designed.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 12, 2014, 10:48:39 pm »

Its got a touch screen right?  There was a competent Metroid game for the DS that was more of an FPS than a metroidvania game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 12, 2014, 10:54:48 pm »

Its got a touch screen right?  There was a competent Metroid game for the DS that was more of an FPS than a metroidvania game.
Yeah, the multiplayer was fun but the singleplayer, while capturing the essence of the console MPs, was really repetitive. Literally, there were two different boss types which were cloned with minor changes. And there were only four areas, so each one got two bosses. And the other hunters, eventually, would just randomly attack you when you entered rooms. And while Metroid is no Elder Scrolls in terms of lore complexity, the story of the Alimbics makes pretty much no sense compared with what else we know about Metroid. For one thing, it's apparently in a different galaxy from literally every other game in the series but inexplicably has stupidly similar species in it, even for pulp sci-fi adventures.

But the environments were cool, and the weapons were really badass if a bit unorthodox for Metroid (there was the stupidly powerful sniper beam, the fire-grenade thing). So it was a good game overall, just with a lot of artificial padding and nagging details.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: July 13, 2014, 12:24:18 pm »

I really wish Nintendo would make a sequel to Warlocked.

I loved that game.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: July 13, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

I really wish Nintendo would make a sequel to Warlocked.

I loved that game.
...Wasn't that the RTS on the Game Boy Color? Someone else actually played that? O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 577