Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926708 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5010 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:06 am »

A game with actual fun super speed.  Maybe with a cinematic mode, first you'd do normal actions in a slow mo world, and then cinematic cam would kick in, showing how you're moving from the perspective of normal people. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: March 09, 2015, 09:25:57 am »

This makes me think about this really short FPS where time only passed when you moved.
The name was in two parts, with one in caps. Something like "SUPER fight" or something...

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: March 09, 2015, 09:37:47 am »

This makes me think about this really short FPS where time only passed when you moved.
The name was in two parts, with one in caps. Something like "SUPER fight" or something...
SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:47 am »

An XCOM clone where you control a company/organization that cleans up worlds after various apocalypses such as nuclear bombings, demon invasions, meteor strikes, nanomachines, etc. and each apocalypse presents its own threats.
Clean up as in making it safe for its old inhabitants, or killing them off for someone else to take over?

or possibly just literally clearing away rubble and bodies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_(series)
How about something a little less in scale but still demanding for you to save lives...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: March 09, 2015, 10:22:39 am »

A game with actual fun super speed.  Maybe with a cinematic mode, first you'd do normal actions in a slow mo world, and then cinematic cam would kick in, showing how you're moving from the perspective of normal people.
I suppose kill cams in Sniper Elite kind of do this.

VATS in Fallout and Transistor's Turn() system too.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: March 09, 2015, 10:40:13 am »

A game about Flash, where you can trigger a sort of "bullet time", except instead of shooting people, you grab ropes and run around bad guys, lower their pants or whatever and in some cases punch them. Or even grab their bullets before they hit people.

There would be some timed puzzles like, catch the girl before she falls into the molten iron crucible, while stopping the launch of a nuclear missile and then... uh, I think you get the idea...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:42:09 am by Sergius »

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: March 09, 2015, 10:41:22 am »

A game where you play a rank and file soldier, with the battles not being scripted, and you not really capable of swinging them. You're just trying to survive another day, and you don't even know that your side will win. Maybe they don't.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: March 09, 2015, 11:15:29 am »

A game where you play a rank and file soldier, with the battles not being scripted, and you not really capable of swinging them. You're just trying to survive another day, and you don't even know that your side will win. Maybe they don't.

There'll have to be either score bonuses for kills or for valor and/or else score loss or other penalties for cowardice or else the optimal solution to the game will be to run and hide during all the battles.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: March 09, 2015, 11:18:38 am »

>Gone with the blastwave, the game (Tm)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: March 09, 2015, 11:32:12 am »

Operation Flashpoint (The original, not the sequel) and the ARMA series is kind of like that. There's this particular feeling of helplessness that I get knowing that even if I'm a hero it will do crap because the operation itself is FUBAR.
The thing I like about ARMA/Operation Flashpoint is that there's helicopters/tanks/machine gunners/whatever... And you don't get a rocket launcher to deal with them. Sure, you can find it off some soldiers you kill, but if you don't find any there won't be one conveniently lying around. You'll just have to crawl in the dirt and hope to God that helicopter decides killing you isn't worth it's time.

ARMA 3 in particular is the only game where I've felt angry about getting squadmates to boss about because I felt I was terribly underqualified. I have the lives of six men on the line when I've only gotten to this point through sheer luck and savescumming. Oh well. Welcome to modern war.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: March 09, 2015, 11:55:15 am »

Super Time Force sorta does this. Once you complete a level, after doing all the rewinding and slo-mo and stuff, you get treated to a replay done in real time, from the perspective of a bystander.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: March 09, 2015, 01:59:18 pm »

ARMA 3 made me angry because if any of your squadmates die, you lose.

Not the best arrangement considering they lack basic self preservation skills.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: March 09, 2015, 02:02:04 pm »

ARMA 3 made me angry because if any of your squadmates die, you lose.

Not the best arrangement considering they lack basic self preservation skills.
They don't?
Do you mean the other two ARMAs? I've never had that situation.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: March 09, 2015, 02:05:10 pm »

Do you mean you don't lose if they die or they have basic self preservation skills?

Because I've had a squadate get run over by a tank.  An allied tank.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: March 09, 2015, 02:09:48 pm »

I'd play this. I'm so tired of rambo FPS games where a single man can take out 50 or 60 hostiles and capture a position all on their own, while saving the girl.

Take RO2's bleedout system, add a hefy dose of OHKs, limited ammo, jamming weapons, choking darkness, dirt sprays from artillery, ARTILLERY, and a variety of missions to either storm an enemy position or hold your own at all costs. Yeah, I'd totally play a FPS where survival is an actual goal, instead of a side effect of regenerating health and stupid enemy AI.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 577