Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926938 times)

blazing glory

Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5325 on: June 08, 2015, 05:59:25 am »

A multiplayer crafty-survival game that does NOT inherit from Minecraft, DayZ or Rust in any way, shape or form. If that's even possible, but it's really hard to play a survival crafting game when almost all of them are clones of Minecraft or DayZ or Rust.
Would be pretty neat.

I'm pretty sick of seeing blocks and/or zombies.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: June 08, 2015, 06:51:38 am »

Factorio has a somewhat laggy but perfectly functional multiplayer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: June 08, 2015, 01:21:40 pm »

There is also, umm, Don't Starve? And I vaguely recall some custom maps in warcraft three, Island Troll Tribes sound about right.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5328 on: June 08, 2015, 01:25:12 pm »

Plus one for Don't Starve. Don't Starve Together has/is/added multiplayer moderately recently (well, a few months ago), and it's definitely not Minecraft.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: June 08, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »

SimCity Societies
Why would anyone want this? I think you must have got it confused with something else.

Much like Fallout: New Vegas it becomes playable with the addition of expansion packs and third-party mods.

Sppecifically, in addition to the Destinations expansion pack you also need, at a minimum, the "Super Zoom" mod

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

Just in a WWII sort of mood today.

How about something like QWOP, but with goosestepping? Or a Japanese dating simulator set in early 1940's Japan?

I had an idea a while back for a shooter where you play as a kitten who works as an exterminator, and you go into these little mouse cities that are themed after whatever kind of building the mice are infesting and you gun them all down. Sort of a combination of Hotline Miami, Postal, and ]i]Grand Theft Auto[/i], but woth funny animals and corpses that can be devoured for bonuses and/or powerups.
That is super dark...I like it.

Other features/details I've considered for this game concept:
-Mouse disguise. Disguise yourself as a mouse
-Several scoring methods; speed, stealth, gruesomeness, style, completion
-Most mice are civilians - (women and children mouse civilians too); you may have to chase them down and/or find them in hiding for full completion
-But many are too naive to flee immediately upon seeing you however; they think they're in something closer to the type of funny animal cartoon where species is purely cosmetic
-Many of the other characters are the opposite, and more than usually/realistically hostile towards vermin.
-Alternate roleplaying solutions to levels. Instead of hunting them all down, you may be able to, for example, ask around and find out where their main water supply is and poison it.
-Maybe borrow the psychadelic catnip thing from Postal 2; it's more apropos here anyway.
-There needs to be a crazy large number of weapons, including use of non-weapon objects as improvised weapons
-Dismemberment should be modeled at least as extensively as in Postal 2 or Fallout New Vegas. Preferably moreso, like limb and organ damage in Dwarf Fortress.
-Lots of weird theme levels and weird mice subtypes. Elemental mice, mermice, robo-mice. There's a lot of more normally themed levels too though.
-Procedural level generator in addition to prefab levels.

I wonder how much it would cost to have this game made. Maybe I could do a kickstarter.

Years and years ago when I first came up with this idea, I actually drew up some concept art. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Plus one for Don't Starve. Don't Starve Together has/is/added multiplayer moderately recently (well, a few months ago), and it's definitely not Minecraft.

Isn't Don't Starve Together technically a seperate game/sequel from Don't Starve?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:53:54 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5330 on: June 09, 2015, 12:43:06 am »

That's why I threw a 'has' in there. I have no idea whether it's separate, an expansion, or a patch, just that it is.

blazing glory

« Reply #5331 on: June 09, 2015, 01:04:41 am »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

How about something like QWOP, but with goosestepping? Or a Japanese dating simulator set in early 1940's Japan?
Dude, that was 3 months ago, I don't want no WWII no more.

I feel like steampunk and airships, again, right now.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: June 09, 2015, 01:10:39 am »

Dude, that was 3 months ago, I don't want no WWII no more.

I feel like steampunk and airships, again, right now.

How is that "In her majesty's name, establish an outpost of steampunkiness while fending off cthulhuesque horrors" game coming on anyway?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5333 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:29 am »

Do you mean Clockwork Empires? If you do, it's coming along fairly well, apparently. Their dev page claims 91% project completion and 64% end user completion.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: June 09, 2015, 07:58:15 am »

Do you mean Clockwork Empires? If you do, it's coming along fairly well, apparently. Their dev page claims 91% project completion and 64% end user completion.

It's the perfect marketing strategy - design not only the game, but the audience as well! :D
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: June 09, 2015, 08:03:06 am »

A game, or a mod that changes environments of New Vegas into something Arma II-sized and changes the combat to be more like Arma II.

Or failing that, a mod that takes STALKER's combat and transplants it into New Vegas and Fallout 3.

quamzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: June 09, 2015, 08:15:55 am »

Lich sim :c

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: June 09, 2015, 09:47:39 am »

Take mechanics of the game Receiver.
Multiplayer.
Go.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: June 09, 2015, 11:17:38 am »

I would really like a strategy game with the scope and campaign size of Total War, with roughly the battle mechanics of Men of War (With the option to organize more men, I'm you cant have thousands of men running around and only be able to select 8 of them), and the campaign mechanics of Hearts of Iron.

It could be 19th century, WW1, WW2, Modern Day, etc. etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: June 11, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

2.) A combination of Tropico, SimCity Societies, and regular SimCity. Basically the same as the above, rxcept you have the alternate option of laying out zones as per the core SimCity series instead of placing the buildings directly. Buildings you place directly are co sidered government owned and require upkeep but you have a good deal of control over them (you can fire employees, reduce upkeep by lowering the quality of whatever they do, fiddle with other settings). Buildings that develop from zones are private, requiring no upkeep but offering less control and bring you less revenue; they generally perform whatever service they perform better than you can reliably afford to with govt. versions (in terms of those govt. buildings' upkeep settings) but never as good as you theoretically can if you set upkeep and quality to maximum.
Cities: Skylines

Can any and all buildings be specifically individually placed in Skylines (in addition to the possibility of those same buildings developing from zones)? Because if not then it's not at all what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:07:27 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 577