Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929344 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5880 on: September 14, 2015, 09:20:59 am »

You'd think that Steam is printing Valve enough money by now that they can just work on whatever leisure project they want. L4D 3 or Ricochet 2 or something. Be like Richard Branson and Spaceship 1.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: September 14, 2015, 09:27:32 am »

I imagine that's what they're doing with HL3, spending years and years working on it to get it juuust perfect because they can afford to not actually release a game any time soon. Either it's going to be so awesome that it changes the face of gaming forever, or it's going to be overhyped and under-developed shite like Duke Nukem Forever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: September 14, 2015, 10:10:41 am »

This one relies on having a graphical interface and probably needs a voxel graphics engine with 2005Spore-like body physics.

You play a person in a freshly post-apocalyptic scenario of undetermined origin where horrible mutants are roaming the streets. You are horrible underpowered and your only way to grow stronger is to feast on the flesh of the deceased mutants, to gain mutations yourself. Random parts of the corpses you eat are made parts of your body. I imagine the graphical style along the lines of Kiss Psycho Circus (but of course more varied, due to procedural generation and stuff):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The whole thing is turn-based. You can plan out your moves as far as you want, but are prompted in intervals (length depending on your stats) to correct them. The surroundings aren't rendered correctly but with random noise thrown in – distortion, omission, addition of stuff that isn't there – depending on how sane you still are (eating the corpses of mutants probably isn't that good for your sanity) and how much is going on around you (when five tentacle fiends are swarming all around you it might be a bit hard to notice what might be going on otherwise). Maybe throw in some bloodlust, causing automatic attacks on passing, which may draw aggression.
It's everyone against everyone. There should be a way to use that to your advantage, as long as you're not so insane as to make yourself autmoatically the target of everything in sight.
I imagine the surroundings being procedurally generated, with different environments like the inner city, with skyscrapers and everything, rural areas, the woods, corn fields, mine shafts, whatever.
Taste my Paci-Fist

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: September 14, 2015, 10:47:44 am »

Speaking of Spore, have there been any papers written about the technology behind it or something? I'm really curious about how it procedurally generates animations for effectively infinite body types, where you can do crazy things like place limbs on top of the head, with smaller legs protruding out of the eyes and arms coming out of the first pair of legs' knees.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: September 14, 2015, 11:04:40 am »

I don't think the animations really change that much in Spore depending on what creature you make. I mean, the bones of the leg may get stretched but it's the same base animation being used. If you create a horse-like creature the legs won't move like a horses, they move the same as if it had only two legs.
Arms, from what I remember, have an animation where they move towards the object to grab and latch onto it, even if they're facing the other way, like a magnet, then return to their base position.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: September 14, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »

I'd like a mad max game or with a similar setting, In which you are merely a normal person thrown into the deep end. Semi realistic food, water and temperature. Custom cars and guns with very rare ammo. Massive factions and small groups. Characters that you actually grow attached to and death can happen anytime, anywhere.

I want to feel like it's really a difficult choice on whether I use my last bullets to try snipe the raiders and steal their stuff or if I should just run away. Then if I should kill the stranger Who accidentally wandered into my base because they might alert others or if I should befriend them and get an ally. Not only that though, I want it to truly feel like murder if you kill them.

I just thought this up while looking at the new mad max game and thinking how he could beat up like 20 people no problem.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5886 on: September 14, 2015, 02:40:18 pm »

I think Cataclysm:DDA will do most of the non-directly-people-related things you want. Not so much the factions and befriending choices, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: September 14, 2015, 02:46:21 pm »

Yeah but I would also like to be immersed in the game. It's hard to be immersed with a flashing 2d symbol on the screen.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: September 14, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

It's hard to be immersed with a flashing 2d symbol on the screen.
Git. Gud.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: September 14, 2015, 05:58:51 pm »

begone, ye foul
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: September 14, 2015, 09:08:58 pm »

Yeah but I would also like to be immersed in the game. It's hard to be immersed with a flashing 2d symbol on the screen.
This is a matter that varies a great deal between individuals, would you care to elaborate on what does or doesn't work? Perhaps you can get by on something sporadic, such as cutscenes between stylised images, such as is seen in things like Command and Conquer? Or in the extreme, Dwarf Fortress, with its low-res dwarf in the intro and representational portrayals thereafter.
Then you have different styles. There are super-heroes with their emphasis of gender traits. Or anime with the exaggeration of expressive features. The again there have been some amazing things done with legitimate stick-figures...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5891 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:31 am »

Eh, I can understand that. Sometimes I love roguelikes and sometimes I'd rather have less detail but prettier graphics.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5892 on: September 15, 2015, 09:55:17 am »

Remake of Wh40k Chaos Gate, possibly with ability to play other races too (and endless mode?). Also multiplayer. I would even accept if it had active pause system of the new Jagged Alliances.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: September 15, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »

I want a game that copies DF Adventure Mode's combat to a T, but in a more generic roguelike dungeon setting. Half the time I don't even create an adventurer in DF anymore, I just play in the Arena.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: September 16, 2015, 12:00:00 am »

You'd think that Steam is printing Valve enough money by now that they can just work on whatever leisure project they want. L4D 3 or Ricochet 2 or something. Be like Richard Branson and Spaceship 1.

I think their leisure project is to make money just for the sake of making money
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 577