Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926861 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6000 on: October 08, 2015, 07:14:10 pm »

I wish they'd make a sequel to Twilight Princess, or an HD remaster, or even the 3DS version that was speculated about. Wind Waker's already had two successors and an HD remaster, while Twilight Princess is just "The one that came after Wind Waker". It wasn't amazing gameplay-wise, but it gets a lot of unfair backlash because WW Zelda is the fan favorite right now. So we'll probably never see another creepy, dark, scary Zelda game again, forever closing off that avenue of creativity in the Zelda universe.
Twilight Princess was the only Zelda I played so I'm probably biased, but I completely agree.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: October 08, 2015, 07:17:53 pm »

Fuck, I didn't even finish TP and I agree. I love WW more, but I want a remake o' it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: October 08, 2015, 07:33:35 pm »

Fuck, I didn't even finish TP and I agree. I love WW more, but I want a remake o' it.

The later sections of Twilight Princess are pretty weak, I have to admit. It seems rushed. The final dungeon is the only Zelda dungeon that I view as objectively awful, as well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: October 08, 2015, 07:54:05 pm »

^I didn't have fun for the first three dungeons (and all the introductory bits) in TP but loved everything else.

Anyway, game I'd like.  A space 4x where control of planets can be shared, set in an alternate future where there cold war never ended.  You can play as the US, the USSR, or a nation in one of their spheres.  The US and its allies can charter corporations or private citizens to make colonies; when they make the charter they decide on rules, including what the colony is allowed to do independently and how much taxes they have to send back to the home nation.  The more strict the charter, the more startup funds the home nation has to pay themselves.  The USSR and its allies always have to pay full price, but can use secret police and other brute force methods to keep their colonies placid, while their opponent's colonies will demand more freedoms over time.

Both sides race to colonize space, with the threat of being destroyed by the other, or even having a new super power emerge, should one side fall behind.  But humans aren't the only race seeking to colonize the galaxy...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:08 pm »

I'd like to see Toribash, but with a more precise joint control system. Ideally where you can click and drag, or even manually input how you want your tori to move. I would also like to see joints move in a compound manner, for example, your shoulder can obviously both raise-lower and rotate.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: October 09, 2015, 01:01:41 pm »

^I didn't have fun for the first three dungeons (and all the introductory bits) in TP but loved everything else.

Anyway, game I'd like.  A space 4x where control of planets can be shared, set in an alternate future where there cold war never ended.  You can play as the US, the USSR, or a nation in one of their spheres.  The US and its allies can charter corporations or private citizens to make colonies; when they make the charter they decide on rules, including what the colony is allowed to do independently and how much taxes they have to send back to the home nation.  The more strict the charter, the more startup funds the home nation has to pay themselves.  The USSR and its allies always have to pay full price, but can use secret police and other brute force methods to keep their colonies placid, while their opponent's colonies will demand more freedoms over time.

Both sides race to colonize space, with the threat of being destroyed by the other, or even having a new super power emerge, should one side fall behind.  But humans aren't the only race seeking to colonize the galaxy...

*cough* Aurora 4x *cough*
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: October 09, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »

A roguelike set in 40K universe. Where you play as a Guardsman. Maybe first person?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6007 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:51 pm »

A roguelike set in 40K universe. Where you play as a Guardsman. Maybe first person?
Instead of fps we would measure gamespeed in d(eaths)ps.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: October 09, 2015, 02:17:14 pm »

It'd be a regular FPS crossed with Dark Souls. The first time you die, your unlucky Guardsman gets 'blessed' by Tzeentch to rise again and again. Every time you die, you get closer to turning into a full-on Chaos disciple. You can reset this by praying to the Emperor at particular shrines throughout the levels.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: October 09, 2015, 02:31:03 pm »

It'd be a regular FPS crossed with Dark Souls. The first time you die, your unlucky Guardsman gets 'blessed' by Tzeentch to rise again and again. Every time you die, you get closer to turning into a full-on Chaos disciple. You can reset this by praying to the Emperor at particular shrines throughout the levels.

Or rather, a suspiciously similar guardsmen comes onto the field with the exact same starting gear and stats but a different name and you can find Guardsman Micheal #8921's gear on his shredded body. Near Guardsman Zathes #2191's body. Near Guardsman Andrew #1129's grave site. And so on.
It's alot like that one Disgaea spinoff about the prinnies. Instead of lives, its more prinnies guardsmen.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: October 09, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »

Or rather, a suspiciously similar guardsmen comes onto the field with the exact same starting gear and stats but a different name and you can find Guardsman Micheal #8921's gear on his shredded body. Near Guardsman Zathes #2191's body. Near Guardsman Andrew #1129's grave site. And so on.
It's alot like that one Disgaea spinoff about the prinnies. Instead of lives, its more prinnies guardsmen.
So kind of like ZombiU's system?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: October 09, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »

That used to be Khorne blessing.  Huh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: October 09, 2015, 06:16:54 pm »

I decided that Khorne is overused and switched it Tzeentch to make a more interesting plot. Khorne just wants you to kill people, hell knows what Tzeentch would plan to do with you.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: October 09, 2015, 06:40:18 pm »

Other than the fact that I suck at Dark Souls, I'd play that game.

Tzeentch is a good idea too, basically ends up (possibly) changing your character in a radical way whenever you die. Although those mechanics are kind of at odds: if you're going to be a new $name $number every time you die, why would your next life be blessed by Tzeentch as a result of the previous death? One mechanic or the other would work better on its own.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: October 09, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »

Nah, you're stuck bodyjacking the next poor sod to come along.
In fact, that would be a...Rather gory but impressive hook.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 577