Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929641 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6510 on: January 14, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

i dont know if the 'play by web' servers are still online, but it used to be an automated turn processing service for multiplayer games.  used to have a big community.

Kwok's 'balance mod' was supposed to have done a great deal towards beefing up the AI in 5, most other mods are built on top of it.

'gritty galaxy' looks like SJ ported CBM to 5 and updated it a bit, and CBM was probably the most fun I ever had in 4.  Hardest AI too, in part due to how SJ tweaked the tech tree to let the AI play optimally.

It looks like you can significantly improve the experience over stock, its probably worth checking some of that stuff out before tossing it in the can.  Now that I'm looking at whats available, I might try it myself (though Distant Worlds:Legends has been floating my boat, lately)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: January 15, 2016, 08:33:56 am »

Well, I couldn't exactly point out what I would like to mod even more. I guess it's more like I would liked to have better mechanics. For once the AI, a better AI although people have done wonders with it.

On the other side I didn't quite liked the ground battles. I could have trade the real time single battle per planet battles for a hex map for each planet, and turn based planetary warfare and orbital bombardment and all that.

This way you could have several colonies in a single planet, and different buildings in each colony.

As for the space battles, having actual turrets and a less jaggy movement for ships could have done. Oh and better customization of ships, depending on their load out they should look different, so you not all the ships of a same size of hull look the same.

Finally, of course it should be updated to work with multiple cores and 64 bits.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: January 15, 2016, 09:28:17 am »

customization of ships, depending on their load out they should look different, so you not all the ships of a same size of hull look the same.

Was there ever a game besides GalCiv 2 that let you do that?  SMAC had this to some extent, basically playing Mr. Potato Head with chassis/armor/weapon.

I cant remember one.  4x, I mean.  Of course some games like Wierd Worlds and Starsector had that feature, but they are more single-ship focus and not large scale empire focus.

There was a MAJOR overhaul to the mod system in Distant Worlds when Legends came out, I have not explored the scene in depth but there may be some good stuff there.  Also, I know nearly nothing about StarRuler (and SR2) despite owning the first game.  I picked it up for the promise of Space Empires style mega-constructions and artificial planets and shit, but never managed to get into it.  It seems like the sort of game that might have some of these hyper-detailed features?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: January 15, 2016, 12:48:07 pm »

Well, from the top of my head Sword of the Stars could be one with such option for visual customization.

There's a new Paradox space 4x on the way, can't remember the name but it seems promising.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: January 15, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

The Baldur's Gate series temade using the Temple of Elemental Evil engine and interface
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: January 16, 2016, 06:21:40 pm »

The Baldur's Gate series temade using the Temple of Elemental Evil engine and interface

Baldur's Gate in 3.5.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: January 17, 2016, 06:46:09 pm »

I'd like to see a game that is the tabletop RPG to Mount & Blade's wargame.

In other words, a Skyrim-like FPS sandbox action-RPG that is not designed with looting dungeons and doing quests, but where the plot is treated as 'Here's the (suitably Fantasy Epic) situation we're dropping you in. You're not particularly special on your own, aside from your inexplicable ability to become World's Grandmaster in Things after a week or two of intense training. Now go do whatever, stuff will happen as a result of some things, or you can just go collecting daisies for ten hours.'.

So, join a faction, go beat up some opposing force dudes in a castle and capture it for a faction - yay, things happened. Fuck around 360 noscoping butterflies with a bow for a RL week but the same faction get a bunch of their own dudes to beat up the other dudes, same thing happens on its own. Decide all factions are dicks and go around exterminating garrisons and claiming it for yourself? Other guys send their dudes to take 'em back. This is just a basic example, it doesn't have to be so grand-scale like this.

It's more likely than not simply not technologically feasible, though Bethesda has actually been doing some of that work with the Radiant stuff in a way, despite it mostly serving to generate bland repetitive quests, but the concept of goal-driven AI is the way to go about it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: January 18, 2016, 01:47:15 am »

You disgust me.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: January 18, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »

oh god it's HORRIFYING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: January 18, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »

oh god it's HORRIFYING
Having not played either game, I don't get it.
Oh well.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: January 19, 2016, 12:44:06 am »

oh god it's HORRIFYING
Having not played either game, I don't get it.
Oh well.

ToEE actually stays true to the rules od D&D. Unlike Baldur's Gate. I'm sure there was never an edition of D&D that ran in realtime. You had time to make selections from the menu in ToEE
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: January 19, 2016, 05:30:10 am »

I want a Minas Tirith simulator. Dwarf Fortress is too small-scale; I'm thinking something like Sim City with all the events and conflicts that DF has, such as trade caravans, sieges, multiple fantasy races and so on, without the focus on individual inhabitants.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: January 19, 2016, 03:42:15 pm »

Do you happen to be in the possession of an intergalatic super computer? :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6523 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:32 pm »

Do you happen to be in the possession of an intergalatic super computer? :P
I do
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: January 20, 2016, 03:53:49 pm »

Don't remember if I already wrote this, but here it comes anyway. I desire for a Space Marine Chapter, the game. A simulation/war game where you can play as a whole chapter. That's it, you control the 10 companies and the 100 battle brothers in each. But not just that. You also need to negotiate with the mechanicus for supplies, equipment and training for technomarines. You need to control the intake of possible recruits and the replenishment and training of new battle brothers. Also you would control the chapters fleet.

You need to respond to threats on your sector and/or help pleas from other systems and imperial institutions. Then you have to weight which resources you'll compromise if you choose to help. At this stage you could either simulate (auto resolve) or play the battle(s) yourself in a stile like that of dawn of war games. Also space battles should be played by you, assisting other imperial fleets while boardings are can be also either auto resolved or manually controlled and carried out. As you win battles you can get more equipment and perks by treaties with other imperial institutions.

Also except the occasional crusades that would drain your resources and inquisitor visits if there's anything suspicious. You should check for anything fishy and try to keep your gene-seed as pure as you can. Keep an eye on promotions and the leadership and what not.

Full customization and details for the squads and vehicles should be at order, from individual names and history of each battle brother, to vehicle weapon load out.

For all this you could either hand craft your own chapter, choose a randomly created one or pick a "historical" one to play either historical campaigns or sand box games with randomly/procedurally generated content. In the case you make one you can decide if it's fleet or planet based, the founding chapter it comes from, which sector it might be and so on....

What do you think? Should I email GW and Relic/SEGA?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 577