Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926866 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6870 on: May 23, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »

-snip-

I'm getting DLC ideas...
Now you can choose her Ajah at game start, which changes her personality and how certain subplots/brances resolve.
- Blue Ajah (default personality)
- Green Ajah (slight temper problems, but more likely to listen to you if shes in a good mood)
- Brown Ajah (you now have to be her Captain Obvious, constantly pointing out stuff thats right in front of her, but shes much better when stuff gets weird)

- White Ajah (Always does the "most logical" thing)
- Yellow Ajah (Better at healing you after a run in with Whitecloaks Children of the Light)
- Grey Ajah (Always tries to solve disputes diplomatically (Well, more diplomatically than the other Ajahs))
- Red Ajah (Hates men) Errrm... Why would a Red sister have a warder?
- Black Ajah (Disguised as one of the other Ajahs) No such thing.

Green would also allow for Co-op.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6871 on: May 23, 2016, 02:49:12 pm »

Red Ajah is hard mode. Make then overall harder to influence and easier to irritate.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: May 24, 2016, 03:42:25 am »

I want a survival game where the survival mechanics have nothing to do with human survival. Instead of the standard food/water/sleep/defecation rigmarole that's in literally every survival game, make it so that you play as an alien with randomly-generated needs that you must discover as you play. Make it with enough combinations that it's not immediately obvious to an experienced player what a new character's needs are.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: May 24, 2016, 08:04:30 am »

I want a survival game where the survival mechanics have nothing to do with human survival. Instead of the standard food/water/sleep/defecation rigmarole that's in literally every survival game, make it so that you play as an alien with randomly-generated needs that you must discover as you play. Make it with enough combinations that it's not immediately obvious to an experienced player what a new character's needs are.
I don't like survival games, but I would still probably play that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: May 24, 2016, 08:18:45 am »

That'd be pretty neat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: May 24, 2016, 09:37:08 am »

"Once a day, you expel a depleted fuel rod, which emits radiation that damages your skin. If the fuel rod is not properly disposed of, they explode violently after a few weeks. You need to talk to trees occasionally, or you'll go insane and temporarily enter a supercharged state where you consume energy crystals. You can only die if you're caught in a fuel rod explosion, if you run out of energy crystals while supercharged, or you're bitten by a beaver."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #6876 on: May 24, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »

Imperial (the boardgame) + Advance Wars = Corporate Advance Wars.

A (possibly satirical) anarchocapitalist version of Advance Wars. Rather than lead an army, you are an investor in protection corporations. You start by forming a corporation, and then bid on protection contracts for cities. Of course, "protection" may be interpreted quite loosely--after all, that rare oil well in between five cities needs protection too. So you use fees paid by the city, and investments from selling shares to hire units to go blow up other corporations' units. Of course, these shares are voting shares, so you can buy another corporation's shares--in the middle of the war, of course--and seize control of it. And there's no need to actually act in favor of your shareholders, or even the cities you are nominally protecting.

And then mergers/tech levels/changing map/margin trading/etc... I've thought about it a lot.
Check out my books at O and H Books

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: May 24, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »

offworld trading company is somewhat similar to that idea.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: May 24, 2016, 06:09:29 pm »

A (possibly satirical) anarchocapitalist version of Advance Wars. Rather than lead an army, you are an investor in protection corporations. You start by forming a corporation, and then bid on protection contracts for cities. Of course, "protection" may be interpreted quite loosely--after all, that rare oil well in between five cities needs protection too. So you use fees paid by the city, and investments from selling shares to hire units to go blow up other corporations' units. Of course, these shares are voting shares, so you can buy another corporation's shares--in the middle of the war, of course--and seize control of it. And there's no need to actually act in favor of your shareholders, or even the cities you are nominally protecting.

And then mergers/tech levels/changing map/margin trading/etc... I've thought about it a lot.
Sounds like what Cortex Command could have been before the dev got bored and shoved it out of the door.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:07 pm »

I still REALLY like CC.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:05 pm »

Warhammer Quest: Silver Towers made into a PC game, or in general a Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar rpg/action rpg.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6881 on: May 24, 2016, 08:22:22 pm »

Sounds like what Cortex Command could have been before the dev got bored and shoved it out of the door.

What's to stop you from looting the cities that you've sold protection to? And will cities get angry if you fail to protect them adequately?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:08 am »

What's to stop you from looting the cities that you've sold protection to? And will cities get angry if you fail to protect them adequately?

Maybe you should be allowed to give kickbacks to the rulers of cities you contract with to allow you to loot the civilians or abandon them without a diplomatic penalty.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: May 25, 2016, 05:56:55 am »

What's to stop you from looting the cities that you've sold protection to?
That's hardly a sustainable business practice.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #6884 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:01 pm »

I'm not sure if I quite explained the idea. It isn't that you are a corporation, like some capitalist-themed AW clone. Rather, the corporations are separate entities from the players, with their own armies and bank accounts. You, the player, buy shares in a corporation (or form a new one) to control its units on the map. (Of course, you can always buy just some shares to get a portion of the dividends, or hope that its price will raise...) But it's still divorced from you in such a way that someone else could buy a controlling stake out from under you, or it could just go bankrupt and your own personal filthy lucre is untouched.

I'm thinking of the 18xx series and the board game Imperial, which work this way.

In, re: attacking "your own" cities, I was imagining the game just didn't allow a corporation to attack the place that contracted it. But there'd be nothing stopping you from owning two corporations, one of which sends its entire army out to fight your personal enemies, while the other comes and invades the previous corporation's undefended city. I'm imagining there would have to be some form of insurance bond or penalty for failing a contract to prevent this from being too exploitable.
Check out my books at O and H Books
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 577