Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929554 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6855 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:53 am »

Fallout: New Vegas  +  TLoZ: A Link to the Past

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: May 22, 2016, 03:26:41 am »

I want an RPG.
That takes place in the 40k universe.
Inspired (at least in part) by Bioware.

You start the game as an Inquisitor-in-training. There are no character classes for you. Instead, you assign points for skills and traits, and you gain more points as you level up. These determine your abilities in and out of combat, allowing you to build your inquisitor in any way you desire.

After a series of introductory missions which serve as a tutorial as well as kicking off the plot, you become a full Inquisitor and are allowed to pick from one of the three Ordos: Xenos, Malleus, and Hereticus. Each of these have unique bonuses and penalties, possibly special equipment as well - for example, joining the Ordo Malleus might gift you with a warded hammer that deals extra damage to daemons. After your initiation, the game world opens up and you can travel to various locations in order to resolve the main quest line, take side missions, etc.

In your travels you can make use of two primary types of NPCs: Contacts and Companions. Contacts are gained by interacting with people, gaining their service in a variety of ways from sidequests and payment to simply flashing your rosette. Contacts serve as your eyes and ears in places you cannot be and can provide valuable services, but (most) do not explicitly join your party. You also have some contacts after starting the main quest, dependent on which Ordo you joined and consisting of existing servants of the Inquisition.
Companions are your classic RPG party members. They travel alongside you and aid you, both in battle and out. At this point, I'm unsure as to whether they should be Bioware Companions (unique, having their own personalities and special quests and the like, cannot die outside of very specific circumstances, possibly romancable) or more like randomly-generated hirelings (which can die at any point, perhaps quite easily, but you can always get more). Both variations have their merits, and personally I'm sorta leaning towards the first option.

The morality system is absent from this game, because let's face it; you're an Inquisitor, and you may do whatever is justified. Instead, the game offers an alignment system. Depending on your actions, you may be viewed as a Puritan, a Radical, or anything in between. Puritans tend to favor the no-bullshit approach - you flash your rosette, you command with authority, you purge everything even slightly unclean. Radicals tend to favor subtler means of getting what they want, and depending on how far you are willing to go this may involve working with psykers, aliens, or worse.
Your reputation will oftentimes precede you, especially among fellow Inquisitors, and many will treat you differently depending on your abilities and where you fall on the scale. A Monodominant Puritan, for instance, might regard a psyker PC with barely-concealed scorn. On the flip-side, a Radical might hesitate to approach a strongly Puritan PC with information gained through "questionable means", for fear of denouncement. Companions are also impacted by your alignment, and doing something that they strongly oppose may result in them leaving or even turning on you. Perhaps some companions would only be willing to join you if you have certain reputations.

Combat should feature a fluid mix of both ranged and close combat, given how the setting is often portrayed. Since the PC has no defined class, they can become equally proficient in all things or choose to specialize. Companions, whether Bioware or hirelings, would be more rigidly defined but still with some wriggle room due to the skill and trait systems.

One thing I most certainly would want in this imaginary RPG is the presence of Untouchables. Either there needs to be an Untouchable companion, or the player needs the ability to make the PC into one at character creation, using traits. Being an Untouchable has a few huge benefits - no psychic attacks can hurt an Untouchable, and getting close to an enemy psyker shuts down their ability to draw upon the Warp - but also severe penalties in the form of massive (and permanent) debuffs to your charisma-based stats and abilities. You also would be unaffected by friendly psyker powers and could shut down your own psyker companions by getting too close.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:12:29 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: May 22, 2016, 06:31:18 am »

I'm not a rpg fan. But I want that game.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: May 22, 2016, 09:38:20 pm »

@Sirus:Yes please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: May 22, 2016, 10:21:21 pm »

An open-world game with Tomb Raider 2015-style platforming, weapons / upgrades, etc. but also a needs system, quests in the vein of an RPG, and people you meet not wanting to immediately murder your face.
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: May 22, 2016, 11:18:07 pm »

I'd like a proper Tomb Raider game. Less covershooting and more Tomb-Raiding, please.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: May 22, 2016, 11:27:10 pm »

There are the hidden tombs all over, but if you've played the earlier games (which I have not) I guess they aren't a good enough substitute.
I did like the game, though.
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: May 23, 2016, 12:12:42 am »

Dark Soups, a restaurant management game with incredibly brutal combat.
Includes a book of soup recipes in place of an instruction manual.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: May 23, 2016, 01:10:34 am »

There are the hidden tombs all over, but if you've played the earlier games (which I have not) I guess they aren't a good enough substitute.
I did like the game, though.
Oh, the game was alright, besides Lara Croft herself imo-I didn't like how she was developed. But it did not feel like a Tomb Raider. Don't know about Rise Of, though-Perhaps its better.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: May 23, 2016, 01:49:56 am »

All of a sudden I want to play a post-apocalyptic trucking sim.
You play a ruthless truck-driving mercenary driving a battle-scarred, salvaged rig which you can upgrade with armour, bulldozer ploughs, machinegun nests, caterpillar treads and of course refrigeration over the course of the game. Missions might see you delivering weapons to various factions vying for control of the wasteland, transporting viable/non-irradiated soil from far-off places to settlements in need of it, or even safekeeping an entire (small) colony/group of survivors in the back of your truck, possibly as they are pursued by some vengeful enemy across an especially hostile landscape.

And of course sometimes just running for your life or transporting more mundane goods like crops, medicine and supplies.
I think it would be badass. And no, this wasn't inspired by that awful movie at all, I only just now remembered that it involved a rig. >.>
Huh, apparently something along those lines already exists.
No idea if it's actually good or not. I kinda like the retro graphics... looks like something off the PS2.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: May 23, 2016, 03:09:55 am »

There is also a game called Convoy, which is kind of a tactical Mad Max game.

For inquistorial RPGs you do have the new Eisenhorn game coming out... which will probably suck because it is primarily a mobile game.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: May 23, 2016, 04:01:53 am »

I want a crossover of Long Live The Queen and The Wheel Of Time.

You're the Warder (muggle bodyguard) of an Aes Sedai (female wizard) on an important quest, desperately trying to keep both of you alive.
You have to be the man behind the (wo)man and manipulate her and her mood in various ways to prevent her, for Aes Sedai completely typical, lack of common sense from screwing everything up.
Sometimes you also have to take action yourself when she runs into a problem that she can't just magic away or fast talk her way out of.

The story is branching a lot, depending on which actions both of you take, with a lot of branches ending in your or your Aes Sedais untimely demise (and a game over in both cases).
The goal is to keep both of you alive long enough for her to finish her mission and return to the White Tower.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 04:03:29 am by Cyroth »
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: May 23, 2016, 04:10:52 am »

That would be an amazing game.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6868 on: May 23, 2016, 11:17:17 am »

You're the Warder (muggle bodyguard) of an Aes Sedai (female wizard) on an important quest, desperately trying to keep both of you alive.
You have to be the man behind the (wo)man and manipulate her and her mood in various ways to prevent her, for Aes Sedai completely typical, lack of common sense from screwing everything up.
Sometimes you also have to take action yourself when she runs into a problem that she can't just magic away or fast talk her way out of.

The story is branching a lot, depending on which actions both of you take, with a lot of branches ending in your or your Aes Sedais untimely demise (and a game over in both cases).
The goal is to keep both of you alive long enough for her to finish her mission and return to the White Tower.

Sounds like a good idea for a game.

Bonus points if in one branch your Aes Sedai is part of/joins the Black Ajah No such thing.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: May 23, 2016, 12:01:47 pm »

Sounds like a good idea for a game.

Bonus points if in one branch your Aes Sedai is part of/joins the Black Ajah No such thing.

I'm getting DLC ideas...
Now you can choose her Ajah at game start, which changes her personality and how certain subplots/brances resolve.
- Blue Ajah (default personality)
- Green Ajah (slight temper problems, but more likely to listen to you if shes in a good mood)
- Brown Ajah (you now have to be her Captain Obvious, constantly pointing out stuff thats right in front of her, but shes much better when stuff gets weird)
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 577