Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926924 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7350 on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:33 pm »

There's good precedent for two man teams.  I believe Frozen Synapse and FTL were both made that way.

One man show only really works for roguelikes from what I can see, because they make most aspects of the design process optional including marketing.

But I mean if you want to try go out and make it.  IRRC some teenager made a voxel art style Day-Z clone on his own, anything is possible especially if you're willing to not make money doing it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: February 01, 2017, 08:37:37 pm »

You talking about Unturned?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: February 02, 2017, 07:11:08 pm »

I don't really want to see Portal 3, I think trying to top Portal 2 in terms of wackiness (which already topped Portal 1) would just cheapen and ruin the whole thing. But if Portal 3 did exist I'd like it to be a weird postmodern parody of its own memes, reputation and formula. I have almost no idea what I actually mean like that, but remember when you experienced the ending of MGS2 for the first time? Like that but for Portal.

EDIT: And maybe a little less obtuse. Just a hair.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:13:22 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: February 02, 2017, 08:24:29 pm »

MGSV for Mac. Make it happen Konami--please!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: February 02, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

Er...didn't Konami basically die? I remember hearing that they were in a lot of trouble recently.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: February 03, 2017, 12:03:57 am »

fuckonami
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: February 03, 2017, 01:49:33 am »

Er...didn't Konami basically die? I remember hearing that they were in a lot of trouble recently.

Konami voluntarily committed seppuku. They're trying to make their money primarily from pachinko and released Snake Eater, Silent Hill and Castlevania-themed pachislots. That's the last I heard.

There's always Metal Gear Survive to look forward too! Aaaahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahakill me
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: February 07, 2017, 09:15:34 pm »

How is that Seppuku?
They make a lot of money, and have a much better ROI then games.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: February 07, 2017, 09:20:27 pm »

I don't really want to see Portal 3, I think trying to top Portal 2 in terms of wackiness (which already topped Portal 1) would just cheapen and ruin the whole thing. But if Portal 3 did exist I'd like it to be a weird postmodern parody of its own memes, reputation and formula. I have almost no idea what I actually mean like that, but remember when you experienced the ending of MGS2 for the first time? Like that but for Portal.

EDIT: And maybe a little less obtuse. Just a hair.
What I'd like for a Portal 3 is the style of Portal 1 mixed with the elements of Portal 2.  Though I'd like high energy pellets back, please.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7359 on: February 08, 2017, 12:05:53 am »

I still stand by the vain hope that in a couple years, valve will roll out a fairly cheap VR new gen of VR, something aimed at finally bringing in the masses, and it'll be launched with Half-Portal 3. What is Half-Portal 3? It's the glorious conclusion Half-Life, presented in full VR in a way that reinvents and defines VR as a medium. It's the only way HL3 can be as big a triumph as HL2 and HL1 was.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:01 am »

How is that Seppuku?
They make a lot of money, and have a much better ROI then games.

From Konami's own website:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sure, their revenue is about the same, but according to Investopedia:

Income is often considered a synonym for revenue, as both terms refer to positive cash flow. However, in a financial context, the term income almost always refers to the bottom line, or net income. Also referred to as net profit, this number represents the total amount of cash that remains from the original amount of revenue after accounting for all expenses and additional income.

So they're still having a bad time. I misread the numbers the first time, so I don't know how much is due to #fuckkonami or how much is due to some internal struggle. Pachislots may be doing fine but they still seem to have something internally eating that money up, after they fired their staff and nuked all their projects lol

They list profit/loss from sales in specific sectors later on their financial info page, but it's not clear if pachinko falls under "digital entertainment," "amusement" or "gaming and systems."

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: February 08, 2017, 05:05:11 pm »

Had a weird dream.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, after I waking up, I was fixated on the idea of a card-based kingdom-era economic/warfare simulation game. Preferably playable with a standard 52 card deck... somehow. Number cards are regions/territory/towns or whatever, the number being the relative size/value of the area. They maybe generate economic points per round and also provide soldiers based on your number cards in play. Kings provide an economic bonus when attached to a territory, as do queens (stacking bonus for both king+queen), jacks are generals and provide bonus when assailing opponent's towns. Capture/destroy the enemy's king somehow to defeat them. (Not really sure how that should work.) Jokers are mercenaries/wild agents. Capture an enemy's territory card by outnumbering it with your soldiers in an attack (soldier count isn't 1:1 for territory cards in play, but jacks or kings provide bonus soldiers.)

I thought maybe each player could have one suit but that leaves only 13 cards for them to use. It might be better if a 52 card deck is used per player but this makes the deck huge. Not sure if players should have their own decks or draw from a shared pool - a shared pool would work if only using a single 52 card deck. A shared deck, or having more than 1 52 card deck, would allow additional tactics based on suits, with bonuses or maluses or other tactics available if your territories do and do not match your king's suit ((players would pick out the king of a suit before play). Would also allow things like having additional kings of the same suit, if in play, act as heirs if your active king gets captured. Suits not represented by players act as mercenary or neutral territories and would not act quite the same as territories of your or your opponent's suit.

That's about as far as I got. Can't really flesh it out further since I don't exactly play board or card games to know what else might or might not work. Not sure if there should also be a passive win condition (accumulated kingdom wealth); having some kind of points could add some tactics for using mercenaries but would be tedious keeping track of them every round.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:19:57 pm by Niveras »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7362 on: February 08, 2017, 06:12:41 pm »

-snip-
This is a really cool idea. I want to try and workshop this at home. I love the idea of board games that only require a printout of the rules and household items.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: February 08, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »

You could have it using 1 deck and 4 different colored poker chips.  That way anyone could play it with the average poker set (although some of those come with 3 sets of chips rather than 4. and some have different amounts of each chip).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: February 09, 2017, 12:24:42 am »

Has there been an educational JRPG? Somebody looking to play a JRPG is probably settled in for a lot of dialogue and paying attention anyway, so it seems like a good way to convey historical events if you can make it as good as a real JRPG.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 577