Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1412076 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r6 (current)
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2011, 11:24:47 am »

i downloaded this and it gave my computer a virus according to AVG, and ive never had a virus before in 8 years.
Rather an autoimmune reaction really. It's a false positive. Only the legacy dfhack is detected as such. Let me show you what it does here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It pretty much screws up my build of legacy dfhack. I'll have to talk to the grisoft guys about this and get it sorted out on their end. My code is OK :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:05 am »

yup false positive it was.

Well I found a solution to "flip from adventurer mode and going insane," make sure your character needs is taken care of before you flip over.
Which means feed, wear nice items, Sleep, look at a sweet waterfall before you flip over or else the character your playing in adventure mode will be over taken by deaths of friends and family members and will hit either melo or SRM or Berserk.
in other news, until I find out how to keep caged things still caged don't leave a site with an insane prisoner lock up he or she will break out and kill a few.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:34 pm »

Any fortress made in version 0.31.18 or earlier will exhibit several significant problems if you upgrade:
* Moody dwarves will start asking for yarn cloth, which you cannot make
* Grass on the surface will stop growing, and once it's gone you'll never have any more surface trees or shrubs
Ah, fair enough.  I hadn't run into either problem yet with imported forts, but I guess the plant issues could be a big deal.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »

Doubt it, but I still have to check.
Any way to get the magma discovery alert switched on so you can build magma forge/smelt/kiln/glass workshops without having to actually dig down and discover the map's original magma?

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2011, 02:38:24 pm »

Hi, I was wondering how to interpret the results from the 'flows' tool. 
Specifically, what do liquid_1 and liquid_2 represent, and what does it mean when they are 'true'?  (Basically I ran it to see how much flowing water I have on the map, but I'm not really sure what it's telling me.  It also says Magma tiles : 0 when I know I have magma there, so I'm not sure what I'm reading.)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »

Hi, I was wondering how to interpret the results from the 'flows' tool. 
Specifically, what do liquid_1 and liquid_2 represent, and what does it mean when they are 'true'?  (Basically I ran it to see how much flowing water I have on the map, but I'm not really sure what it's telling me.  It also says Magma tiles : 0 when I know I have magma there, so I'm not sure what I'm reading.)
Number of map blocks where liquid processing is enabled. If you have a river, there will be a few. If you have a leak in hell, the number will be huge. That's about all it can do :)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2011, 12:31:52 pm »

Ah thanks, much appreciated!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2011, 02:05:28 pm »

Okay, I'm really sick of this. I can't find any documentation online to help me. I'm trying to get Stonesense to work with .25. The files in the zip in this thread don't contain binaries, and when I try mashing together the most recent dfhack and stonesense files I can find with the newest binaries I have, stonesense flat out refuses to run. Either I'm being really stupid or there's something wrong with my computer.

What is the exact order I need to install things, in which folders (relative to DF main folder), and precisely what files do I need? I've been told I need to 'run DFHack at least once' before I can get Stonesense to work, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Please, please help me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2011, 02:18:37 pm »

extract the latest DFHack into the DF folder.

run DF.

type stonesense into the console that pops up.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:55 pm »

waaaaah

I had no idea I was supposed to do that. Where does it say that's what you're to do?

Thanks muchly ;)
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2011, 02:30:55 pm »

How to install DFHack:
  • First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
  • On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack
  • On Linux, use the 'dfhack' script to run DF with DFHack. If you have stonesense problems, you might have to get your own allegro 5 libraries and delete the ones in stonesense/deplibs.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »

Yeah, I put it in the root folder in which I keep about seven versions of DF, alternate .25 folders and my Phoebus folder. I didn't realise it modified a .dll and started up with DF.
But .... It's so small!

gsvslto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 05:34:37 pm »

Is there a way to use DFHack to change the cook/brew settings for a material, as normally controlled by the Status->Kitchen screen in DF?  I've looked for it, but not found it.  Assuming that DFHack didn't have that feature, I tried to use Cheat Engine to see what happens when I toggle those settings, but I couldn't work out what was going on - it didn't look like simple bit flags were involved.  Any help would be much appreciated.

PS:
peterix, DFHack is a really great tool!  Thanks for the work you, and others, have put into it!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

When I try to run stonesense from the dfhack window, the stonesense window pops up.  It creates an image of the current DF window just fine, but after that stonesense doesn't refresh, and trying to close it results in DF crashing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

It's a known bug, and I have no idea what causes it, but I think I know how to get a fix done. maybe.

sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 373