Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407819 times)

TroZ_shack

• Bay Watcher
  • Narf!
    • View Profile
    • Shacknews
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #750 on: March 04, 2012, 07:04:36 pm »

I not a Linux guy, and I'm still having some issues setting up the project. 
I renamed the directory that has my other perl installation in (used by another linux utility I occasionally use), and installed Strawberry Perl.  I then added c:\strawberry\perl\bin to my path.

Attempting to then setup LibXML give me this error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm assuming that I don't have something setup correctly, or that I need to reboot after installing Strawberry Perl (the install didn't say anything about rebooting).  I'll reboot in a little while, I'm downloading somethign in the background right now, but in case it is a config issue and won't be fixed by rebooting, I'm posting in the hopes that you can help me out.

Thanks.
DF2MC -> Convert DF Maps to Minecraft Levels so you can use Minecraft as a 3D visualizer for Dwarf Fortress
DF2MC - The cause of 15+ head explosions and counting!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2012, 07:49:34 pm »

I'm not sure what's happening there... could be some path issue, could be something completely different interfering. If you had an existing perl install, it should've worked just fine. Anyway, join us on IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=dfhack&uio=d4

DVeL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 05, 2012, 09:01:06 am »

From Blah

"You can make a macro that sets up all the uniforms you want."
My hack requests for uniforms was so I could mix and match Leather Headwear and Metal Leggings for example.
It would be nice if dhack would allow me to create a uniform that would allow me to import this non selectable Headware option.

Any word from DFHack developers about getting access to "headgear", "armor", "footgear" and etc. except for default uniform templates?
Or some way to save and keep uniform templates from one fort to another?
Because i couldn`t find uniform profile (like "embark profile" or something), and it seems they are hidden and stored somewhere deeper than i can reach personally =(

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 05, 2012, 08:58:58 pm »

I know there isn't a command for it - but is there some obscure way to detect vampires with DFhack? I'm trying to do a megabuild with superdwarves and hate losing a good laborer to a vampire.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 05, 2012, 09:58:01 pm »

(topic: changevein does not affect horn silver)

Horn silver is most definitely a mineral, so it ought to be detecting it. What's the exact error message you're getting?

I am getting no error message at all. I set a cursor at a veign with horn silver. Then type  changeveign GRANITE  (actually I set it to a key with keybinding set F9 "changeveign GRANITE"  but I tried it manually, too. DFHack accepts the input without an error, but ingame the veign/cluster stays horn silver.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2012, 12:04:24 am »

Searched the last couple pages and didn't see anything regarding the reinclusion of DFlair. Does anyone know when DFlair will be re-included so we can avoid cluttered reclaims?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 06, 2012, 12:08:03 am »

Searched the last couple pages and didn't see anything regarding the reinclusion of DFlair. Does anyone know when DFlair will be re-included so we can avoid cluttered reclaims?
I actually asked basically the same question a few pages back. No answer.

We're left to assume that it simply isn't going to happen. Good luck.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Azure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well I hope they notice how useful it is and put it back in. It made embarking to those really crazy site bearable. Not having to spend 4 years hauling all my crap back to where it should be cause a Tribe of Elk Birds Raid my fort for all my Masterwork Steel Breastplate and Lapis Lazuli stores would be apreciated.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2012, 09:00:15 am »

I know there isn't a command for it - but is there some obscure way to detect vampires with DFhack? I'm trying to do a megabuild with superdwarves and hate losing a good laborer to a vampire.

I don't know of one with DFHack, but with Dwarf Therapist, you can check for the name of a particular dwarf, and see if it's there. If you have a dwarf in DF whose name doesn't show up in DT, that's a vampire.

You can pre-screen in DF by checking for dwarves who have high starting social skills, and who are "former members" of a couple dozen different sites.

MagmaSolutionsInc

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes elves for their screaming, bubbling noises.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2012, 09:01:28 am »

[/quote

Would be nice to have a few options for vampires and lycanthropes. Some kind of magic bullet as an option.
stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves

... with magma.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15:16 am »

use Dwarf therapist for detecting vampires,
Disposing them... well their more useful alive than dead.
"The best is to isolate them and use DFliquids to seal them up, or use them for removal of unwanted guess in secret"
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:59 am »

New DF is out.  Time for update!

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

Massive memory leak and a potential resolution:

I've been playing using DF Hack and noticed a massive climb in memory usage by the program when I've been using fastdwarf.

Interestingly, the memory spike is removed when turning fastdwarf off and then back on again.

Just a tidbit in case anyone else has this issue.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:29 am »

New DF is out.  Time for update!
But it's a(fun exciting features someone reported as) bug fix patch.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

Save, load, go down to the lowest z-level of your map, liquids, w, range (big enough to get everything, everywhere), ENTER. Fills the whole fort with water. Anyone who doesn't immediately start drowning is a vampire. Then, once most of your people have drowned to death, pause again, check the last few survivors for vampirism, then kill DF. It's not exactly a direct method of using DFHack for vampire detection, but it seems reliable.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 373