Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407869 times)

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2085 on: July 03, 2012, 03:26:06 am »

cainiao Thank you!

Hesuchia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:02 am »

Nice!  That is a great script, Hesuchia, well done.

Heh thanks ^^. It's always nice to type something into the console and not have it spit red back at you :P.  Though I just noticed I could have replaced those =0 settings with the vars mmax and dmax >.>. Ah well ;).

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 03, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

I get an error in the Dwarf Fortress message log stating
Cannot produce: drink

Am I doing something wrong? I'm quite inexperienced with DFHack & Dwarf Fortress so it wouldn't be unheard of! :)
As far as I know I have all necessary ingredients for the drinks.
I'm playing Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 & the most recent version of DFHack.

TIA
create a job to brew drinks and set it on repeat.

This isn't the same. That job will get cancelled when you run out of brewable plants.

The brew drink job is hardcoded into the game. I suspect that's why it doesn't work with workflow. You could try making a custom brewery building with a custom brew drink command that uses the brewing skill and manage that with workflow.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 03, 2012, 12:29:39 pm »

I've done some memory research. I have discovered what unit.body.unk_4b8 does. It controls head/face appearance (eye closeness, head wideness, etc). I would like to put this information into the xml files, but I am uncertain of how to proceed.

If it were as simple as unk_4b8[0] controls eye closeness and unk_4b8[12] controls iris size, I would know what to do in dfhack/library/xml/df.units.xml. However, it is not that simple. In different species, different elements control different things. I have discovered the pattern, but I don't know how to encode it into the xml file.

Ideally, I'd like this information to be (somehow) available to lua, but even if that's not possible, I would like to put detailed documentation of it somewhere. I am not sure of the rules on where documentation files go. Is it ok if I put it in the xml folder?

It would be a shame to let this knowledge go unrecorded. It took quite a long time to find and thoroughly confirm the pattern.

Roughly, the pattern works like this: there is a constant set of facial traits that can exist, regardless of species. However, different species have a different number of eyes, heads, etc. The order of the traits listed is always the same (though some may have zero elements, for example if a species has no eyes). Eye wide-setness is first, followed by eye depth. If a creature has n eyes, the first n elements in the vector will determine eye wide-setness, but only the first will be used for in game descriptions. The next n elements control eye depth, and again, only the first is used for in-game descriptions.

A note on in-game descriptions: only the first is used, but sometimes it will specify this in game (and sometimes not). For example, it will never say that a dwarf's left eye has large irises. However, it might say that an ettin's left head is very broad. In this case, it will never make any comment about the ettin's right head.

I have the full list written down but it is too long for this margin.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 03, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »

I recommend getting into #DFhack on freenode. That's where all the juicy dev talk happens.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 03, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »

create a job to brew drinks and set it on repeat.

This isn't the same. That job will get cancelled when you run out of brewable plants.

Just enabling workflow prevents cancellations of all repeat jobs in workshops (except maybe some weird ones like shear).

Re body info: did you correlate it with stuff in the raws? I have only very vague idea about what's there. Anyway, paste this info somewhere online to start with. :)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:55 pm »

Where can I find a repository of lua scripts, like the make legendary and instakill ones?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 03, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »

well either at dfusion wiki page, or this thread.
here's two commands that allows one to shove all your companions into a cart with you,
though to use this you need to look at your cart you're riding on then activate the function.
Code: [Select]
function compin2(unit,item)
  adv=df.global.world.units.active[0]
  for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do
  if v.relations.group_leader_id==adv.id then

--[[if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end]]--
--r=getline()
if item==nil then
item=getItemAtPos(getxyz())
end

v.riding_item_id=item.id
ref=df.general_ref_unit_riderst:new()
ref.unit_id=v.id
item.itemrefs:insert("#",ref)
end
end
end
function compin3(unit,item)
  adv=df.global.world.units.active[0]
  for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do
  if v.relations.mother_id==adv.id then
if item==nil then
item=getItemAtPos(getxyz())
end

v.riding_item_id=item.id
ref=df.general_ref_unit_riderst:new()
ref.unit_id=v.id
item.itemrefs:insert("#",ref)
end
end
end
tools.menu:add("bandwagon",compin2)
tools.menu:add("bandwagon2",compin3)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 03, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

I don't like how obsidian walls and floors work in liquids and so i try to do it naturals way - by combining water and magma. But unfortunately this leaves tiles with hot stone. Which is strange as we have only obsidian slab surrounded by clay or sand. But they are hot and they never turn normal. I can swap them with obsidian of course and this actually changes temperature to normal. But there is a fact of DF game that it sometimes has temperature traps - then a stone or two inside earth are hot and never cool down.

This is a known bug that happens with obsidian farming when you have TEMPERATURE:NO set in d_init.txt .  Change that to TEMPERATURE:YES and the tiles will be able to cool down.

Bug #6033: Areas once covered in magma seemingly not being cleared for pathfinding across
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 03, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »

Where can I find a repository of lua scripts, like the make legendary and instakill ones?
There are quite a few Lua scripts in this thread, now.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've updated mine for df/dfhack 34.11 here. (same link in my sig) 

If you find any bugs/problems/issues, PM me.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 03, 2012, 09:55:21 pm »

Is it possible to retire an adventurer to a lair as a bandit?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 04, 2012, 12:06:33 am »

I was playing with mode set and when I was back in Fortress Mode I noticed I no longer had the option to Save Game, instead all I had was the option to Abort Game, at which point it dropped me out quickly and didn't save anything.

Any idea how to force a Save in Fortress Mode?
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 04, 2012, 12:27:53 am »

Does this mod have a funtion that allows healing of body parts, or changing the number of items in a stack (Like changing 1 bolt into 25)? Or spawning items?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 04, 2012, 02:26:52 am »

I think it is a good idead to do a repository of dfhack scripts. Because finding them in this thread is insane:)

Hesuchia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 04, 2012, 05:26:43 am »

I was playing with mode set and when I was back in Fortress Mode I noticed I no longer had the option to Save Game, instead all I had was the option to Abort Game, at which point it dropped me out quickly and didn't save anything.

Any idea how to force a Save in Fortress Mode?

Did you try the "quicksave" dfhack command?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 373