Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1408023 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2445 on: October 27, 2012, 08:08:17 pm »

I've tried serching to no avail, how do i turn on the option for fastdwarf for the dwarves to teleport to their destination?

You can find it on the readme.  fastdwarf now takes two number options, like so -> fastdwarf 1 1.  The first is traditional fastdwarf, the second is teledwarf.  0 is off, 1 is on.

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: October 27, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »

You can find it on the readme.  fastdwarf now takes two number options, like so -> fastdwarf 1 1.  The first is traditional fastdwarf, the second is teledwarf.  0 is off, 1 is on.
[/quote]

tyvm :)

PlumpHelmetDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: October 28, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »

Mac dfhack report:

Initially, it didn't work for me. No errors, it'd just open dwarffort and then freeze. I managed to get it working by commenting out the

export DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1

line from the command file. It then runs fine as far as I can tell. The only error I've come across is not being able to load stonesense (ie, as dfhack is starting up, it gives an error "Can't load plugin ~/df_34_11_m/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so").
Potentially there are other errors brought on by commenting that out, but I haven't come across them yet. All the commands I've tried worked fine.

Edit: This is on Mac OS 10.6.8, snow leopard.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:23:48 am by PlumpHelmetDwarf »

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: October 28, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »

Mac dfhack report:

Initially, it didn't work for me. No errors, it'd just open dwarffort and then freeze. I managed to get it working by commenting out the

export DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1

line from the command file. It then runs fine as far as I can tell.

What version of Mac OS X are you running?

The only error I've come across is not being able to load stonesense (ie, as dfhack is starting up, it gives an error "Can't load plugin ~/df_34_11_m/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so").
Potentially there are other errors brought on by commenting that out, but I haven't come across them yet. All the commands I've tried worked fine.

Stonesense needs some more work before it will run properly on a machine other than the build machine. It's got library issues.

Bradahkiin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: October 29, 2012, 04:37:19 am »

I've had the same 'could not load plugin' problem.
Not trying to rush the modders, I know that stuff can be hard work and its 'a library problem', but it would be cool if that could somehow be fixed soon.  :)

Bradahkiin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 29, 2012, 04:38:55 am »

Also, version of mac is 10.7.4 (Lion).

Ideocl4st

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:14 pm »

Mac OS user here.
Pretty much everything EXCEPT stonesense works on Mid-2012 MBP with Mountain Lion using DF that was installed with Dwarf Builder.
"Can't load plugin ~/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so" happens here too, with some helpful error messages in stderr.log about which libraries are missing in where.

The thing is, when I looked at the folder that supposed to have the missing files, the files were there - but with broken aliases.
(i.e. when stonesense needed X.dylib, the file in that folder was X.6.0.dylib with X.dylib as broken alias.)

However, placing actual files at the places that stonesense was looking for didn't help as it crashes DF when I managed to get everything in place.

./dfhack: line 15:   707 Bus error: 10
This was the error message on Terminal
dwarfort.exe(707,0xb0289000) malloc: *** error for object 0x156d4b30: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
dwarfort.exe(707,0xb0289000) malloc: *** error for object 0x156d4b30: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
and this was logged in stderr.log.

Edit - Urgh, I knew people would've already reported this...Should've checked after sleeping :P
Edit2 - I'll try to see if I can get it working SOMEHOW, which should help identifying why it would work differently with the build computer...
But after a full backup. I just got a whole system crashing on me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:39:13 pm by Ideocl4st »

Taigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: October 29, 2012, 10:00:34 pm »

I am attempting to implement the solution found here to resurrect a creature in Dwarf Fortress mode to no avail.

I pasted the code into a new lua file in the adv_tools folder (as mentioned above that post) and made a menu item to call the (sic) ressurect method.  I am greeted with the following:
dfusion/adv_tools/init.lua:53: attempt to index global 'vector' <a nil value>
stack traceback:
         dfusion/init.lua:7: in function '__index'
etc.. etc..

Would anyone have a better, more thorough answer on resurecting and healing up a dead creature (in this case a Tiger Man who accidentally starved to death)?

Edit:
After reading the above post more carefully, I added the portions of the script in the script box to the init.lua script file in the tools directory, along with menu items.  This seems to be more likely what was being attempted in the post.

Now however, I am greeted with the following:
dfusion/common.lua:262:attempt to call field '?' <a nil value>
stack traceback:
        dfusion/init.lua:7: in function '?'
        dfusion/common.lua:262: in function 'display'
        dfusion/tools/plugin.lua:7 in main chunk
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        dfusion/init.lua:12: in function 'dofile'
        dfusion/init.lua:45: in function 'mainmenu'
        dfusion/init.lua:99: in main chunk

dfusion/init.lua:7 does not correspond to a function named '?' to my understanding, nor does dfusion/common.lua:262 have a field named '?'. 

Caveat:
I am not versed yet in lua, so please enlighten.  I can read some of this stuff, but I don't have a hold of the syntax quite yet.  By day I am a .NET/Java developer.
Tigey
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:23:24 pm by Taigi »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: October 30, 2012, 01:21:31 am »

I am attempting to implement the solution found here to resurrect a creature in Dwarf Fortress mode to no avail.
<...>
Actually it's quite outdated. Although same principle could work the dfhack (and dfusion that is a part of it) went through a lot of changes.
I have semi working resurrect script at home (not sure if it does anything strange) but generally you can now add scripts to hack/script dir and use them straight from dfhack console.

Taigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: October 30, 2012, 08:31:49 am »

Yeah, I have had moderate success with that.  I figured that referenced post was outdated.  It was like a year ago, and there have been 2 or 3 released since then.

I would be very appreciative if I could get that script you have.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:46 am »

Yeah, I have had moderate success with that.  I figured that referenced post was outdated.  It was like a year ago, and there have been 2 or 3 released since then.

I would be very appreciative if I could get that script you have.

After some search found it online:https://gist.github.com/2345207
Put in scripts directory in e.g. file named "resunit.lua"
then append this to that script:
Code: [Select]
local pos=df.global.cursor
for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do
  if v.pos.x==pos.x and v.pos.y==pos.y and v.pos.z==pos.z then
    heal(v)
  end
end
disclaimer: code is untested and could fail. Cursor (with watch/look/designate) should be on tile that creature was last alive.
To use type "resunit" in dfhack.
This could be improved by finding unit by id, from corpse pieces.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: October 30, 2012, 09:45:20 am »

oh I just rez units by finding where they died, or just make a rez by checking all active units if they have the dead flag on.
oh wait that's my post here's the new ressurect code.

Code: [Select]
function tools.heal2(unit)
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
unit.body.wounds:resize(0) -- memory leak here :/
unit.body.blood_count=unit.body.blood_max
--set flags for standing and grasping...
unit.status2.able_stand=4
unit.status2.able_stand_impair=4
unit.status2.able_grasp=4
unit.status2.able_grasp_impair=4
--should also set temperatures, and flags for breath etc...
unit.flags1.dead=false
unit.flags2.calculated_bodyparts=false
unit.flags2.calculated_nerves=false
unit.flags2.circulatory_spray=false
unit.flags2.vision_good=true
unit.flags2.vision_damaged=false
unit.flags2.vision_missing=false
unit.flags2.breathing_good=true
unit.counters.winded=0
unit.counters.unconscious=0
for k,v in pairs(unit.body.components) do
for kk,vv in pairs(v) do
v[kk]=0
end
end
end
tools.menu:add("heal2",tools.heal2)

the issue was the kk,vv in the old code was broken.
though this is also good for healing units also just that to revive any one you need to know where they died last.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Taigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:28 am »

Terrific!  Thanks a lot.  The Tiger Man lives and can now consume a lot of meat.  He thanks you too.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: October 30, 2012, 06:13:51 pm »

Is there any way to use dfhack to put dwarves into a sort of REVERSIBLE stasis where none of the stats change, they're immobile, stay happy, don't get needs, etc?

Basically, I'm looking to do a low population game for survival challenges against sieges, but dealing with migrants is the biggest problem.  I can either slaughter them all and resort to pregnancy, or lock them down until I need them.  The latter is by far the best choice because it means I will have migrant waves in the future should I need them.

I've got extremely little experience with dfhack, unfortunately, but I'd be willing to try pretty much anything.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Hyphe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: October 31, 2012, 06:32:08 am »

Just downloaded the OSX version of this - it's fantastic, thank you all so so much for the work you've put into this.

Using OSX Mountain Lion (10.7.5) with the Mac Newbie pack (running DF through DFHack, using MacNewbie just for the initial setup & starting Therapist). I only want DFHack to fix bugs, since the binary patch isn't available for Mac.

Everything is working with no problems, except for tweaks that can be enabled / disabled.

Attempting to turn on "tweak patrol-duty" results in the error message "Could not activate tweak patrol-duty". Turning it off does not give an error (but I suspect it's not doing anything anyway). I have tried running "tweak patrol-duty" on it's own, and with a variety of arguments such as 1, true, on, enabled, etc.

Attempting to turn on "tweak stable-temp" outputs "Could not activate tweak stable-temp" twice, for some strange reason.

Tweaks that don't take a param seem to work fine (I tried makeown, though it did take me forever to work out which menu I was supposed to "select" the unit with).

When DFHack is loading, the terminal logs
"Could not insert Dwarf Manipulator hooks!
Can't load plugin /Applications/MacNewbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/stonesense.plug.so
"
but they don't stop things running.

Is something in my install broken? Or am I just in the wrong menu / view / location to run the commands?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 373