Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1405002 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3570 on: April 13, 2013, 05:29:55 am »

A question about binpatch.exe
When I use binpatch plugin, 'binpatch apply deconstruct-teleport' works fine. When I try to use 'binpatch.exe apply DF.exe deconstruct-teleport' it says "No lines recognised" and obviuosly does nothing.
Where could the problem be?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:09:04 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: April 13, 2013, 07:23:42 am »

I need to eliminate a mummy's curse from my adventurer, is this possible with dfhack? Someone could tell me the command to do this?

Thank you

Dwarf73

• Bay Watcher
  • beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 13, 2013, 08:38:57 am »

How get siege engines gui to work, have been trying ctrl-A when catapult is selected but nothing happens and once opened dfhack.init and tried to understand that mess got headic :P

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: April 13, 2013, 09:21:23 am »

How get siege engines gui to work, have been trying ctrl-A when catapult is selected but nothing happens and once opened dfhack.init and tried to understand that mess got headic :P
The default keybinding is Alt-A, not Ctrl-A. And you have to be in the (q)uery building mode.

Dwarf73

• Bay Watcher
  • beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:32 am »

The default keybinding is Alt-A, not Ctrl-A. And you have to be in the (q)uery building mode.

so I press q and take x on catapult and press alt-a, nothing happens still  ???

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: April 13, 2013, 10:13:42 am »

I ended up having to rename the dfhacks init example file as my copy appeared to be missing a default one.  Once I did that everything worked..
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dwarf73

• Bay Watcher
  • beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: April 13, 2013, 10:28:42 am »

I ended up having to rename the dfhacks init example file as my copy appeared to be missing a default one.  Once I did that everything worked..

THANK YOU!  :)

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: April 13, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

When I use binpatch plugin, 'binpatch apply deconstruct-teleport' works fine. When I try to use 'binpatch.exe apply DF.exe deconstruct-teleport' it says "No lines recognised" and obviuosly does nothing.

The exe file wants a full file name, not just part of it. It doesn't know whether it should use "patches/v0.34.11 SDL/deconstruct-teleport.dif", or "patches/v0.34.11 linux/deconstruct-teleport.dif" or whatever other version there is. The script version does know which version it is loaded into, so it supplies that for you.

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: April 13, 2013, 12:26:30 pm »

I need to eliminate a mummy's curse from my adventurer, is this possible with dfhack? Someone could tell me the command to do this?

Thank you
help please!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 13, 2013, 12:44:24 pm »

I would love to help but I'm not sure such a tool exists.

If there isn't a interaction removal tool that would probably be something that folks would appreciate though.  I'm sure more than a few people would love to be able to revert a husked miner or cure a vampire or were-lemur.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 13, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

Should be easy enough, unless there's more than the curse and syndrome structs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 13, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »

I would love to help but I'm not sure such a tool exists.

If there isn't a interaction removal tool that would probably be something that folks would appreciate though.  I'm sure more than a few people would love to be able to revert a husked miner or cure a vampire or were-lemur.
grab gm-editor dive into your character data by highlighting the adventurer then  poke through the curses and syndrome section until you find something, then delete the syndrome/curse or set it to be something else. it's tricky and may take Save scumming trial and error.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 14, 2013, 03:23:13 am »

Is anyone aware of how the game determines what map edges tiles are eligible for diplomats/traders/migrants and whether it can be changed?

It looks like the initial position of the embark wagon determines map edge eligibility. Does the game record the initial position of the wagon somewhere? The building record seems to be removed when the wagon is deconstructed.

Does the game dynamically figure out where the wagon should have appeared each time if processes a migrant, caravan or diplomat event? Can you trick it at that point by changing the surface tile types beforehand to create a new set of path-eligible map edges? (Actually, that's easily testable. I'll try it.)

edit: Modifying the map tiletypes to change which map area connects to the original wagon location updates world.map.map_blocks.walkable, but does not affect where caravans and liasons appear. Maybe that indicates the map edge is somehow flagged?

Is it a flag stored somewhere per-tile? I'm pretty sure it's not any data under df.global.world.map. Editing bap_blocks.walkable doesn't change it. Maybe it's in memory that dfhack doesn't index?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:10:02 am by gchristopher »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:24 pm »

Probably a stupid question but when I search this topic for steam engine I don't seem to come up with answers.  How do these things work?  I built a magma cistern, I made a down stair to it on the level above and placed it so that the down stair is the south middle square of the steam engine (which seemed to be the only place where it would allow the stair and engine to coexist).

The cistern is full up of 7/7 magma but it still says I need magma in one of the 8 squares.  I was thinking maybe it needed water too, but if there's only one place it would allow me to have a down stair I don't see how I could build it to have access to both.

Am I missing something really obvious?

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: April 14, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »

I have a little question too : is it possible to "fill" with constant 7/7 water a brook's edge via dfhack ? Mine is causing some nasty fps drop because of flowing liquid.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:31:09 pm by MightyDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 373