Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404972 times)

Doktoro Reichard

• Bay Watcher
  • Lunatic formerly known as Escaped
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5340 on: March 16, 2014, 02:39:09 pm »

Assuming you don't have anything to dump, you can reach a certain compromise with the existing tools. You would also need to get the Stocks plugin by Falconne, as it eases the work on undumping items.

As you stated, cleanowned scattered or any variation of it but all marks those items to dump. With the Stocks plugin, you access the stocks, press e and they you can type "dump". This will filter all items marked for dumping. Then you press Shift-A and then Shift-D. This will select all items on the filtered list and unmark them.
I have to write something... well here goes:
"A dwarf isn't a dwarf unless he dies the most !!FUN!! of ways", Quote unknown, possibly Armok.

Doktoro Reichard is quite pleased with making a Great Carbonite Trap

Why shouldn't you write with a broken pencil? Because it's pointless!

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: March 16, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »

Thanks Doktoro Reichard and expwnent.

R3 and R4 didn't have DFusion which for some reason I thought was doing the overlays. But its all good now.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: March 17, 2014, 02:27:09 am »

Yeah, so I've got some questions, centered around DFHack scripts:
First, my game crashes around a season after setting a stockpile to auto-melt (q-Shift M) with the DFHack script. Is it just me, or is there a bug (and a fix?) ?
Second, I use autobutcher a lot, but sometimes... It just doesn't set the cats to butcher. No, they are not pets. Yes, I started the script. Am I the only one?
Third, the workflow plugin sometimes doesn't unsuspend protected jobs. Am I the only one?
Last, The "Alt" key is seen as permanently pressed by the scripts from DFHack. Am I the only one?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: March 17, 2014, 02:48:11 am »

The "Alt" key is seen as permanently pressed by the scripts from DFHack. Am I the only one?

Nope, this is a known issue - when you alt-tab away from DF and come back, it thinks that alt is still held.  I've heard that this is a bug in the (old) version of SDL that Toady uses; he's not likely to update the graphics code for some time.  Tapping alt should (temporarily) fix this. 

A question for anyone else:  Can dfhack detect when DF comes back into focus?  If so, could a script be written that automates this solution? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: March 17, 2014, 03:56:50 pm »

First, my game crashes around a season after setting a stockpile to auto-melt (q-Shift M) with the DFHack script. Is it just me, or is there a bug (and a fix?) ?

Can you upload a save for me where this happens (and tell me which stockpile has the issue).

It occurs even with mousequery disabled, so I think it's a bug in the search plugin (disabling the plugin gets rid of the bug, obviously, since there's no search option).

I can't reproduce this so it's going to be hard to debug. So this happens any time you're in search mode and you click on the list?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: March 17, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »

And scripts are a bit of a mass anyway, there's no central script repository, not every modder uses github, and pushes the commits, so you may have a hard time hunting down the ones you need...that obviously needs some improvement, although in the last few months some new forums have been created to help with organization, so the situation is much better than it was before.

Speaking of GitHub, should I open a pull request for my stockflow plugin, or would you all prefer not to take over maintenance?  Granted, I'd be happier with it if I could convince the bookkeeper to update records more often...
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: March 17, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

I can't reproduce this so it's going to be hard to debug. So this happens any time you're in search mode and you click on the list?
Yeah. I managed to reproduce it on Linux (32-bit Ubuntu) just now. I'm not sure how platform-dependent this is, but it's occurring for me on both OS X and Linux. It's possible that it doesn't occur on Windows for some reason, but I haven't checked.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39:26 am »

Can you upload a save for me where this happens (and tell me which stockpile has the issue).
Sure. Just wait for a week or something, I'm a little busy at the moment.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »

I am interested in doing some research in the vmethods mentioned in this post, but am unsure how to go about it. Is there someone with more experience regarding these that could point me in the right direction to help me get started?

PLANKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:19 pm »

I posted this in another thread and didn't get any responses so I thought I'd put it here see if anyone knows whats going on.

Basically I'm building a pump stack thats really high. Higher than the ammount of Z levels that are available. So I'm using infiniteSky plugin to add levels in. Now here is where it gets kind of weird.

That open space next to the stairs is where I get a collapse everytime. It always collapses on the same level (165) and it happens on both stacks in the same place everytime. I can't really see a reason for it but because I've been hacking Z levels I figured dorf physics are acting up.

I found http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Sky_support on the wiki and I think it might be related but I can't be sure.

Any ideas?

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: March 19, 2014, 07:48:32 am »

Here it is!
The offending stockpile is between the magma forges and the smelters. Phoebus graphics.
Hotkey 8 should bring you to the correct z-level. More info on the DFFD page.
Have fun :)

RtDs!

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: March 20, 2014, 11:21:39 am »

Weird things happen with sky support sometimes. This may seem obvious, but does saving and loading after building help?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: March 21, 2014, 07:32:13 pm »

So despite having no lua at all, I've been fiddling around with scripts a bit - trying to fix the error thrown by log-region and expand exportmaps to cover all legends exports. 

I fixed log-region by adding a test (if df.world_site.find(df.global.ui.site_id) ~= nil then) that catches the nil value when a world is loaded in a non-fort mode.  It works!

On the other hand, exportlegends is not working, and I can't work out why.  Can someone take a look? 
Spoiler: exportlegends.lua (click to show/hide)

Edit:  I should also mention that I've tried "gui.simulateInput(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen(), 'x')" and variations - I suspect I'm just getting the input to pass in the wrong format.  Help?  (Now googleing 'keycodes'...)  edit2: 80, '80', etc aren't working either.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:25:05 pm by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5353 on: March 21, 2014, 09:46:09 pm »

If you're trying to simulate input, you need to specify keybinding codes in the format df.interface_key.KEYBIND_NAME (e.g. df.interface_key.LEGENDS_EXPORT_MAP).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: March 21, 2014, 11:54:27 pm »

Thanks!  That's got it working way better... I now have a different issue, which I (edit:) fixed. 

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/pull/231
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:03:25 am by PeridexisErrant »
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 373