Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559260 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11460 on: October 31, 2014, 05:55:23 am »

The kill scenes are randomly activated when you deliver a blow that would kill the opponent in melee, as far as I understand. Can it activate for ranged attacks? I can't remember and I might be thinking of V.A.T.S in Fallout.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:01 am »

Pufferfish, get the "Dance of Death" mod - it lets you change killmove activation rates among other things. It's pretty cool. (It also reinserts dummied out killmoves.).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: October 31, 2014, 05:56:47 am »

The kill scenes are randomly activated when you deliver a blow that would kill the opponent in melee, as far as I understand. Can it activate for ranged attacks? I can't remember and I might be thinking of V.A.T.S in Fallout.
yes, there are killcams for spells and bows/crossbows.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: October 31, 2014, 06:00:59 am »

That's funny, because I've had it save my life against a sabre cat whose health I've been chipping away at and then I suddenly kill it when it has half its health left. Thought it was some kind of super-crit.

And I've been killed in a riposte-style fashion with 3/4 health left. I often scream bullshit at the game and try again. Unless I was outside.

Then I raegquit.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: October 31, 2014, 11:02:25 am »

That's funny, because I've had it save my life against a sabre cat whose health I've been chipping away at and then I suddenly kill it when it has half its health left. Thought it was some kind of super-crit.

And I've been killed in a riposte-style fashion with 3/4 health left. I often scream bullshit at the game and try again. Unless I was outside.

Then I raegquit.

You have a chance to trigger killmoves that increases based on the % of health you take off per swing from the foe. Also:

yes, there are killcams for spells and bows/crossbows.

But they're boring as shit, they're literally just "Fire arrow/ bolt / spell, watch it travel, watch enemy die."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:58 am »

Which is one of the best reasons for getting Dance of Death: Playing a ranged character? Deactivate all killcams.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: October 31, 2014, 11:15:03 am »

Which is one of the best reasons for getting Dance of Death: Playing a ranged character? Deactivate all killcams.
Indeed.  It replaced the old "First Person Only Killcam" mod I was using, since that was starting to have a few issues (not covering all kill-cams, in particular). 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: October 31, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »

Am I the only one who plays as a High Elf?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:22 pm »

Yes. They are scum.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: October 31, 2014, 12:50:53 pm »

But being a magical douchebag who punches people to death because they're too impure to use magic upon :(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: October 31, 2014, 01:02:44 pm »

I've had the concept of playing one of the anti-Thalmor High Elves who fled from the Summerset Isles during their rise to power.  Basically, like the one who wrote the book/call to action before the Thalmor war, and about as crazy in her hatred.  I've not actually done so, though; I always have other concepts on the mind. 

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: October 31, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »

One thing about Skyrim that pissed me off was the lack of Unarmed. There are ENCHANTMENTS THAT INCREASE IT'S DAMAGE. MAKE IT A SKILL.

monk4lyfe

No seriously, playing Oblivion while RPing as a Monk with no fast-travel is a fun experience.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:39 pm »

Yes. They are scum.

Okay, so metaphysically Mer are directly opposed to Men and it shall always be that way, but goddamn you can have a Lorkhan-loving Altmer any day.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: October 31, 2014, 02:53:11 pm »

I like Bretons, actually. They're the best magicky race that isn't a snooty elf.

Dark elves are also pretty cool, but the whole obsession with corpses throws me off a little.

I was referring more to the fact of them being manmer, which must infuriate the Thalmor.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: October 31, 2014, 03:36:05 pm »

I do tend to play as a High-elf once in a while. But also as Dunmer. Rarely Bosmer though.
The Live Another Life mod adds an exclusive start as a Thalmor for High elves. (As far as I know, The Stormcloaks becomes hostile if you do.)
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 896