Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558281 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13230 on: January 21, 2017, 03:49:09 pm »

Outside of the BodySlide plugin, CBBE is just a collection of straight-up replacement meshes. It should have no compatibility issues whatsoever with SE, at worst you might notice a slightly worse texture quality on the replaced models because the replacement textures are not enhanced like most in SE.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: January 21, 2017, 04:22:43 pm »

I think CBBE had some ridiculous 4k texture option, but it's been a while since I installed it.

Bodyslide isn't even a thing that runs concurrently with Skyrim, it's an external program for customizing the meshes. Same for Outfit Studio. Unless SE uses a wholly different mesh format or something, all of them should work.

They might not appear in NMM or Mod Manager or what have you, but they should still be fine if you manually place the files.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #13232 on: January 21, 2017, 04:40:42 pm »

Honestly, I remember CBBE having like three sliders or something for ridiculously big breasts. One slider wasn't enough, apparently.
Install an some kind of enhanced skeleton and you will have dozens of sliders for breasts.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: January 21, 2017, 07:21:58 pm »

Yeah, so did BodySlider. What I meant was that it had three separate sliders for size

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #13234 on: January 21, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »

Mmm, that's what I also meant. That's just how it works, butts are similar too. You usually have small boobs slider, which actually is more used to bigger the boobs since it can be put in negative values, regular size slider, "ridiculous" slider, shape alerting (melon/fantasy) sliders that also change size, etc.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: May 01, 2017, 11:55:11 pm »

http://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Skyrim Anime overhaul changes the game to an anime-style game. It contains extremely rare, and many custom mods. The original creator is someone who went by both "Appolyn" and "fabiencolombo". The original mod was made pretty far back in years. He also made addons that consist of the Dawnguard expansion for Anime Mod, and the Dragonborn addon.

The anime overhaul mod for a long time couldn't be found anywhere, as I was one of the very few with an actual copy and no one else even re-uploaded them. Fabien occasionally showed off his copy on his youtube page, but as far as I know, no one else had it but me. Even fewer (if any) had the DLC content fabien provided.

There are actually two versions. Version 1 (100% what fabien made, which IS outdated as far as mods go as its pretty old (but still playable)), and version 2 that I customized a bit to be more "modern" with less problematic/outdated mods. Despite version 2 being more modern, it does have more bugs (but is more stable in terms of crashes)

Version 1 is also available to download directly from MODDB. Version 2 resides on mega.nz (you'll have to read the description on proper downloading, as mega.nz has a pretty low download bandwidth cap if you download it directly from mega.nz) and it will probably stay that way because its too big for MODDB unless they ever change the download/upload size of mods.
As for the mod itself (for version 1, some of this is in version 2). It changes all characters (male included) to female, which provides...amusement (some people like it, some not)...adds a ton of content overall to the game, massive graphics upgrade, lots of new NPCs, new lands and a bunch of new features that would end up making this reply even longer than it already is.

If you do want to see all the mods, I uploaded a fixed load order.txt for version 2 onto the MODDB file page and you can see all the mods provided (some which you probably won't be able to find anymore or/and are obscure in the esp/esm name), but you can get an idea of what is there. The load order I added is what one should use for version 2, as the previous load order wasn't actually correct. Version 1 also has its own load order, and has different mods that you can see...though a lot/some will be rather obscure and hard to find through google.

For version 1 that you can get directly from MODDB, be sure to get the mod order (its pinned, the other load order is for version 2) and you need to download mod organizer as well from Nexus.

For those that get it or/and into waifu/anime-style mods (but the mod is way more than that, it really mostly focuses on gameplay, content and graphics)...hope you enjoy it :) You can see screenshots and videos and what not on the page, though I have to add more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:57:19 pm by Kazagarth »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: May 02, 2017, 02:37:51 am »

-cut for convenience-

Am I safe to suppose that Japanese voices are mandatory for this modpack?

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: May 02, 2017, 03:06:46 am »

-cut for convenience-

Am I safe to suppose that Japanese voices are mandatory for this modpack?

pretty much, yeah

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: June 03, 2017, 06:20:42 pm »

Playing this again.  Actually another Breton woman, but sword-and-board auxiliary of the Empire rather than a soulless blaster-thief.  (Alternate Start: Live Another Life is still essential and continues to impress).  Took Breton for the spell resistance, which is niiiice.  My experience has always been that melee attackers can be trivially confounded with tactics (or simply backing up at the right time), while spellcasters are just "You will be dead in this many seconds".  Ironic since Destruction was so heavily nerfed for players.  (Enemy archers are somewhere in the middle.  Moderate damage, somewhat avoidable)

Regular melee still feels nerf-batty, but actual combat seems to encourage power moves which do stun appropriately.  Feels pretty alright.  Using a mace and shield, planning to eventually get the mace of Molag Bal.

Main goal is to join the Dark Brotherhood and see their quest through to the end, finally.  In previous runs, my personal admiration for Oblivion's Thieves Guild has made it hard to support the Brotherhood.

Also made it hard to appreciate Skyrim's "petty gangster" guild, though I'm glad I saw it through to the end eventually.  It's *supposed* to be bad, and get better.
Bonus points if you visit Farengar first, deliver his frost salts, then clean out half of Arcadia's stock for free since you're her 'friend'.
Hehe, I wasn't going to focus on alchemy, but it's so good I couldn't resist.  But buying out her "stock" apparently didn't include, like, *most* of her display items.  Which is weird because the display items of the bosmer hunter just outside were part of his stock, disappearing as I bought them.

So when she wandered off to bed as I did alchemy, I took the opportunity to rob the shop blind.  Probably bad conduct for A Soldier Of The Imperial Legion, but uh...  technically the city is semi-rebellious...  That totally justifies me robbing a racially-Imperial citizen, right...?

Anyway next time I visited, three brigands spawned in her room and started screaming at me.  A few minutes later they managed to path down and assault me.  Arcadia: "You need to leave."
I kited them outside, of course (and now there's a Whiterun Guard who may never despawn, he's outlasting the brigands).  Kinda funny feature, but a little disappointing in that Arcadia is annoyingly friendly and kind before and after.  Bit of a disconnect.

Also, vampires killed the smith woman during the Dawnguard "intro" ):  I should have re-enabled run-for-your-lives, but I'm trying to keep the mods low this time.  Had to not only redownload the game, but then delete the entire folder and download again, to get it actually working.  Guess there were some glitchy extra files, somehow.

OH RIGHT, I found some Silvenar lore!  I've always loved Bosmer.  Sadly, I mostly recognize the Silvenar from my 2 days of TESO during the free week.  Seems like a cool position, though, and reinforces my love of Bosmer culture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:45 am »

I am slow** when it comes to getting games - a local store was liquidating their supply of PS3 games so I picked up the red-box Legendary Edition for like $12.

I find that I like love just wandering around the world to see the sights.  It's beautiful*! Like I was just sitting up on the mountain staring at the aurorae one night.  Or loving the blizzards that can roll in.  Or the nice thunderstorms (helps that I have a 7.1 sound system in my entertainment room with a nice sub). Even just the sound of the wind or light rain.

Basically I find that I don't even want to fast travel, even though it takes time to walk the long way - because walking the long way reveals all kinds of interesting things.

(*Yes I know there are prettier games - but having two young kids means my budget priorities don't include machine upgrades or the newest games. And I could complain about the flickering low-res shadows, but after the first couple minutes they just kind of became part of the aesthetic and they don't stand out any more.)

**Very slow.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: June 05, 2017, 08:27:43 am »

So, I picked up the Special Edition for PS4. I went to start a new game (Nord spellsword FTW) and I was in Riverwood. Ralof's sister was blathering on and on, as usual, and I was bored. Then, I saw a bird soaring overhead. I thought "Finally, something to do", and pulled out my bow. However, this was my first game on PS4 instead of PC, and I didn't draw the bow, but punched Ralof's sister in the face with it. Suddenly the entire village was hostile, and I had to run like a madman. Just before I got to the gate, Hod caught up with me, and put his hammer through my skull. Then, while my broken corpse was cooling on the ground, I hear one of his idle lines:

"It's not everyday we get visitors in Riverwood."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:01 am »

One of my favorite moments from Skyrim was when I picked up all the DLC for it in a sale, and so the next time I went to Solitude, there was an all-out brawl between me, the Solstheim cultists, vampires, and the city guards.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:24 am »

In case anyone's interested, GOG.com just released Oblivion GOTY edition, DRM-free! :D
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:56 am »

Oh, I am quids in! Yes, yes, yes, yes!

Well. It shall have to wait until I have some money. But thank goodness that the blasted thing is finally available, no strings attached. I love that game. It is about eleven years now since I played it for the first time, and it was simply magical. I will never forget it.
Of course, one must always be careful with nostalgic things. But it was not very difficult to come to terms with Oblivion's faults, legio and glaring as they were. I do not think a re-visit could harm it.

One of my favorite moments from Skyrim was when I picked up all the DLC for it in a sale, and so the next time I went to Solitude, there was an all-out brawl between me, the Solstheim cultists, vampires, and the city guards.

I do wish that they would leave my NPCs alone. Not to mention me. If the six previous cadres have all died to my ridiculously, unfairly overpowered hands, they ought to understand the probable fate of the seventh one.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: June 06, 2017, 12:59:24 pm »

I do wish that they would leave my NPCs alone

I got a mod for that, two of them. One makes it so that I am the only person that can kill a named towns person or dog (really nice for dragon attacks), the other removes the settlement attacks from Dawnguard. I don't remember what they were called, but I got both from the nexus.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 896