Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803107 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2640 on: June 12, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »

At this point we ask the question. Do we continue to hold the handbrake and try and stop our decent down the hill of madness. Or do with let go, put the pedal to the metal and ride death and disaster down to hell.

There's a handbrake on our madness?

I'm just as confused as you are.

The hand brake represents the futile attempt to stop the fort from digging a new deepend and going off it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »

I say FULL STEAM AHEAD!  We shall blaze a new path to madness, and nothing shall stand in our way!  On this day, we stand not as men, not as dwarves, but as vanguards of death itself!  And other inspirational stuff.

Spoiler: Large-ish Image (click to show/hide)

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: June 13, 2012, 12:26:53 am »

I love how my little one-off comment has actually led to you figuring out how to make this fortress into one that is a intentional death trap (compared to what this could be considered unintentional) for traders long after everyone in hellcannon has died off
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:31 am »

oh, it's quite simple really

entrace----bridge-pressureplate-bridge------trade depot
               DEEP PIT OF SPIKES

Traders come in and set off the plate.  Anyone that keeps going forward, falls.  Anyone lagging behind, falls.  Whoever set it off will mill about, then walk across one of the bridges and fall.

A good 10z drop onto metal spikes should do the trick.  The fort claims their stuff, and the next caravan will never know what's coming.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:42 am »

And then we make every civilization extinct by routinely killing off their caravans.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: June 13, 2012, 07:09:35 am »

And then we make every civilization extinct by routinely killing off their caravans.

...Does this mean I just technically caused an Age of Darkness with two bridges and some pressure plates?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: June 13, 2012, 09:00:46 am »

...Does this mean I just technically caused an Age of Darkness with two bridges and some pressure plates?

Then it's the best idea ever.

Update coming either today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:41:22 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: June 13, 2012, 06:20:02 pm »

Sorry about the double post.

Metaphysic  Ah, screw it, I’m dead, who cares? It’s not like someone’s gonna read this, or anything.

So we started the works in the shooting gallery. You know, to blow off steam, all the lads here seem to need some chillin’ while taking potshots at demons. Given the historial of this fortress, it seems like the most appropriate pastime.

Sadly, when Deathsword was going to give it the final touch, something went up in flames. Even now, I have been incapable of discerning what was burning. What the hell is this fortress is made from? Explodium?

On other related news, the demons seem to be… retreating further into the places they own now. They all seem to be assembling in the panic room. All of them. I guess the non-euclidean architecture of HellCannon finally took a toll in their sanity and they panicked. I don’t know if this is awesome or horrific.

The demons keep clearing the caverns from undesirable guests. I thought that I was never going to say this, but they are doing quite a good job. It’s just impressive.
It seems that The Glorious President, with his brand new adamantine axe, took his first “danger lesson”, so that his skill, by... wait for it, 5th Felsite,  is Competent in axes, shields, and has become quite the proficient fighter! Hooray!

Shit keeps being set in fire down there. I am surprised that we ain’t boiling up there yet.

What is that sound? Sounds like… a bear. We do have bears? And trolls. OH
SWEET ARMOK THE TROLLS WE DIDN’T SEAL THE MAIN ENTRANCE

The bear is keeping them in place thought. Well. Time for Kar Puwuncobi to earn a title, I guess. So they position next to the door and, wait, where’s Deathsword? NONONONO President! There are like seven trolls in there! Wait for backup…. Well, it doesn’t seem like he needs any of that…

(I was going to upload pictures of the combat log, but I think I’ll just post the kill list, and leave it speak for me)

A few seconds later into the fight, and he already earned a title: “Kar Puwuncobi XLII The Glorious President, The Grasping Nut of Bogs”

After the trolls, some wilddeath came in. Take your bets on what happened to them, if I tell you that the Presidente and a grizzly bear were in their path.

It seems that some demons picked a fight with clear a clear glass forgotten beast deep down in the fortress. The forgotten beast doesn't have time to attack, any of the demon's attacks can harm the beast. So, either threat has been neutralizated. it's so good when you can have twoo indestructible foes fighting among them, isn't it?

An elven caravan came to our fortress. I wondered how had they reached theplace. And then. I just had this realization: we had cleaned up the surface. For once again, we would be able to re-arm our outside traps. I told everybody to get going.

It wasn’t a good idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IT WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:52 pm »

There I go again. Frankly, when demons are setting lead on fire, do you really think they won't set the shooting gallery on fire too?

Anyway, if there is a free dwarf I'd like to be redwarfed as "Deathsword - Carnifex" , please.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: June 13, 2012, 08:15:43 pm »

Can I request a dwarfing as a pick wielding beekeeper named Neotemplar?  Gender does not matter.  I'm just starting to read this, having read the previous two and I figured it'd be amusing to see my dwarf bite the dust after 170+ pages :)  (Death being the inevitable fact of dwarves.)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Can I request a dwarfing as a pick wielding beekeeper named Neotemplar?  Gender does not matter.  I'm just starting to read this, having read the previous two and I figured it'd be amusing to see my dwarf bite the dust after 170+ pages :)  (Death being the inevitable fact of dwarves.)
Beekeepers may be in short supply. Picks probably not.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: June 14, 2012, 01:45:59 am »

There I go again. Frankly, when demons are setting lead on fire, do you really think they won't set the shooting gallery on fire too?

Anyway, if there is a free dwarf I'd like to be redwarfed as "Deathsword - Carnifex" , please.
The disturbing part is that the shooting gallery is a wall with a few fortifications. Still, up in flames it went.
And yes, we're in short supply of dwarves in general xD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: June 16, 2012, 02:42:44 pm »

It's been two days, so... how is the fort going?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: June 16, 2012, 04:42:20 pm »

College tests, sorry. Maybe later I'll let DF run for a while, and I purposefully left some parts out of my update, so I have something to write even if I don't resume playing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:49:54 pm by arcangelsd »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: June 18, 2012, 01:11:57 am »

So who's still alive at this point?
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 208