Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803759 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2370 on: May 09, 2012, 03:36:35 pm »

Why Aussie, dear Aussie.

The aquifer's just in the way, it has no bearing on the real project.

I'm building the Hellcannon, of course.

Oh, of course.  But do you know how to rig it so you can safely weaponize the Clown Car into a one-time surface-clearing wave of death?

Oh, it's not designed to be a one-time weapon.  If my design works right, it should be not only capable of seperating the clowns into multiple waves for controlled release, but even putting them back in the box afterward.  Very much reloadable, so long as containment holds.  Also, containment would be the reason I need a new aquifer breach, rather than going through an existing one (of which there really aren't very many)

Of course, it's also possible i have no idea what I am doing, am wrong about basic principles, and it will simply kill us all.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 09, 2012, 04:37:16 pm »

Of course, it's also possible i have no idea what I am doing, am wrong about basic principles, and it will simply kill us all.

Hooray.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: May 09, 2012, 05:21:15 pm »

The second? I wonder how the first one died.

Are the clowns in league with the Foul One?

Wilddeath. It figures. My Dwarf was stupid enough to go outside.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:31:15 pm by Vgray »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 09, 2012, 08:33:23 pm »

Hey, I'm not foul!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: May 09, 2012, 09:03:34 pm »

Hey, I'm not foul!

The other Foul One. Or is Aussie really the Foul One in mortal form?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »

Hey, I'm not foul!

Aussie just slipped.

Either that or he's something worse than the Foul One, wanting us to believe that he is the Foul One.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »

Hey, I'm not foul!

Aussie just slipped.

Either that or he's something worse than the Foul One, wanting us to believe that he is the Foul One.

Given the response to my new megaproject, probably worse than Stuzang.  Uh, I mean... uh-oh....

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: May 10, 2012, 01:17:54 am »

There was a birth in the fort recently, and so it seems most ethical to cast out the infant's mind and replace it with my own.  You may think this sounds monstrous, but the babe doesn't really have a personality at this point, so this is much more humane than doing so to a full-grown dwarf, I promise you!  Additionally, the resilient young mind may help me recover from my... disorientation... from my encounter with Led's mind, my extended period of discorporation, and my more recent abrupt discorporation.

Spoiler: Here's the tyke. (click to show/hide)

Now then, while I'm acclimating to the new body, it seems as good a time as any to share with you what I have been working on.  Especially since one of you cretins might need to use it now, instead of me.  Curse these tiny hands!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:26:47 am by CatalystParadox »

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: May 10, 2012, 01:29:07 am »

Your design is interesting, but flawed;  You need a means to fully contain the demons within your HellCannon, or they'll just get bored of being contained and go back down to Hell.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 10, 2012, 01:31:22 am »

Your design is interesting, but flawed;  You need a means to fully contain the demons within your HellCannon, or they'll just get bored of being contained and go back down to Hell.

That is planned - there will be a gate to keep them in the collection chamber once I am finished hollowing it out.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 10, 2012, 01:38:57 am »

That is planned - there will be a gate to keep them in the collection chamber once I am finished hollowing it out.

Then I withdraw my complaint and eagerly look forward to seeing how it works

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: May 10, 2012, 11:04:28 am »

I just finished reading battlefailed, failcannon and skimmed this one. Can I humbly request to get a dorf? If so give it my username, custom profession Renegade, real job military, but please don't sign me up for a turn, I have quite literally no skill at these sort of forts
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:06:39 am by seanhl »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 10, 2012, 01:17:55 pm »

I just finished reading battlefailed, failcannon and skimmed this one. Can I humbly request to get a dorf? If so give it my username, custom profession Renegade, real job military, but please don't sign me up for a turn, I have quite literally no skill at these sort of forts

We did get 2 migrants who somehow managed to survive long enough to make it inside who haven't been claimed yet - though I'll ask one more time to be reminded if there is someone who is owed a re-dorfing, first. Otherwise, Seanhl is a new arrival, to be added when I get home tonight.  Perhaps with something resembling a real update, also?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 10, 2012, 07:40:36 pm »

Just updated the archive with what Catalyst has given us so far. The thing is uploading right now, and should be is done soon. Probably.

Either way, the Hellcannon is looking good. ... And I bet we are going to forget how to operate it in a few turns.

EDIT: I have no bloody idea why I uploaded that, since I am still making changes to stuff. Oh well.

EDIT 2: Does anyone know how El Presidente got named (Kar Puwuncobi)? I'm going through all the thread and can't find mention of it, only of his first death.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:59:01 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 208