Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 802115 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2415 on: May 13, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »

Oh wait, why did I die of thirst?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 13, 2012, 08:36:38 pm »

Clearly nobody liked you enough to give you some water :P
Or maybe you're insane...

So how's my dorf doing? Still bitching about his unlocatable/un-pick-up-able socks? Not having arms is a serious problem when you're trying to maintain a position as a respectable stoneworker.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »

Is ThatAussieDwarf still lurking about the fort?  He seems unusually quiet as of late...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »

Is ThatAussieDwarf still lurking about the fort?  He seems unusually quiet as of late...
He is clearly doing some very important and convoluted scheming. As was planned.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 13, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »

To try to answer the various questions:

ThatAussieDwarf has mostly somehow managed to avoid all my plans to have him killed, including dodging all the Skelks when I sent him out on masonry duty.  That was actually the first time Catalyst died - when they both went out together to build the Hellcannon mouth.  Aussie was fine and went back inside while Catalyst was blinded by the sun.

Last I knew only SOME dwarves have superdwarvenly strength.  And I think Seanhl is only a wrestler until he gains some skill with his axe.  Give him time.

I... honestly have no idea why you died of thirst.  Sorry.  You might have gotten injured at some point and I didn't notice?  Or maybe I accidentally locked you out, who knows.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 13, 2012, 10:56:38 pm »

It's tempting to me to try to render Hellcannon in an RPG Maker game, but that would be doing Battlefailed a disservice.

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 14, 2012, 05:40:08 am »

It's tempting to me to try to render Hellcannon in an RPG Maker game, but that would be doing Battlefailed a disservice.
skelk and skoxen would be like giant rats, forgotten beasts the first boss that always turns into a common mook, goblin raids the the war sequence and stuzang the final boss (because it kills everyone) but they all are still stupid tough and you only succeed through sheer quantity of dwarves
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:42:48 am by seanhl »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 14, 2012, 05:43:20 am »

ThatAussieDwarf has mostly somehow managed to avoid all my plans to have him killed, including dodging all the Skelks when I sent him out on masonry duty.  That was actually the first time Catalyst died - when they both went out together to build the Hellcannon mouth.  Aussie was fine and went back inside while Catalyst was blinded by the sun.

You didn't think he'd have planned for your schemes to have him killed?  That dwarf's always one step ahead, you know...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:24 pm »

So, another archive update (currently being uploaded): Just finished organizing the Battlefailed section. All turns have clearly marked starts, complete with quotes/one-liners of questionable quality, Robocorn's second turn, that was very poorly formatted and mangled, was fixed. Fact: proof-reading Seth's turn is hard. At least I got to laugh at Meng the Fake Doctor as I read it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:09:43 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

I had a look at the archive.  I have one thing to say:
ONE THOUSAND PAGES!?!?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 15, 2012, 12:37:28 pm »

I had a look at the archive.  I have one thing to say:
ONE THOUSAND PAGES!?!?
Yeah, all in calibri size 11

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 15, 2012, 11:07:15 pm »

Quick update:

It's now Autumn - I did some trading with the humans, nothing special.  I got a little extra booze variety, some cheese, fish, and spare crutches for one or two silver trinkets. 

But it looks like tragedy struck when...

Then we resumed work on the....

A hapless cat uncovered a skulking thief in the stockpiles...

The instant I opened the gates to let out a single mason he blundered into a whole goblin ambush right outside!

Catalyst cancels Construct Update: too many crashes.

Six crashes is too many for one evening.  I can say with some confidence though that I will be trading with the humans - to no great profit, and that Autumn is here, and that I think I again have a safe(ish) way to continue working on the Hellcannon.

The rest is in Armok's hands.  We'll try again soon.

My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 17, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

Any news? Progress?
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 17, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »

Did I die horribly yet? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 18, 2012, 08:11:48 am »

Did the fort go back to 0 population, maybe?
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 208