Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803704 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2655 on: June 18, 2012, 03:16:57 pm »

On other related news, the demons seem to be… retreating further into the places they own now. They all seem to be assembling in the panic room. All of them. I guess the non-euclidean architecture of HellCannon finally took a toll in their sanity and they panicked. I don’t know if this is awesome or horrific.

Nah, they're just assembling in there to smash furniturethrow an awesome rave party in the best party hall ever concieved of.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: June 18, 2012, 06:48:27 pm »

Currently updating the archive, a new version should be available in a few hours. Also: Only 11 more pages until we have more pages than Failcannon.

On other related news, the demons seem to be… retreating further into the places they own now. They all seem to be assembling in the panic room. All of them. I guess the non-euclidean architecture of HellCannon finally took a toll in their sanity and they panicked. I don’t know if this is awesome or horrific.

Nah, they're just assembling in there to smash furniturethrow an awesome rave party in the best party hall ever concieved of.
Especially if you consider that it'll be a ‼rave party‼ in the best ‼party hall‼ in the fort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:56 pm »

Shall we start taking bets on how many turns until Hellcannon falls?
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: June 20, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »

I think 1-2 is a reasonable guess.

I aint paying anyone, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: June 20, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »

Five and a half.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: June 20, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »

I'm gonna go with two. It seems like it could weather another turn, but any more than that and it'll likely be on the upswing.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: June 20, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

It's hard to say how many turns it'll last. Failcannon seemed nearly dead during the loyalty cascade, yet it survived until my rather stable turn when I triggered Failday.

It really depends more on what the overseer does than anything else.

arcangelsd, could you give us any information on the status of the fort, or, if you haven't played since your last post, when you'll be able to get it going again? Hellcannon doesn't deserve to fall off page 1 while it's still alive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: June 20, 2012, 10:18:25 pm »

More important than betting on how much longer this abomination will last, we need to pick a name for the next fort, since Hellcannon seems to be drawing to an end (as much as Hellcannon can end). Battlehell gets my vote. Let us continue the cycle.

Battle|failed-> Fail|cannon -> Hell|cannon -> Battle|hell

Then, we will have completed a full 4-fortress naming cycle.

Also we need to take bets on whether or not the fortress will do that thing again where it refuses to die, even with 0 dwarves.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: June 20, 2012, 11:41:28 pm »

I approve of Battlehell.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: June 21, 2012, 01:33:24 am »

I vote for a name with "Fail" in the title - as I believe THAT has been the unifying theme of the series.

Perhaps Hellfailed.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: June 21, 2012, 02:16:02 am »

Successfulfailures.

Good news! The new map seed system accepted the old name seed from the original Aluonra and spat out "Aluonra" again!
I make Spellcrafts!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: June 21, 2012, 02:35:08 am »

Well, here's the pattern:
Battlefailed -> Failcannon -> Hellcannon

To stick with that, the new fortress should be either "Hell-Something" or "Something-Hell" (and really, now that Hell has been breached, I think it's only fitting, too). If we wanna cap off the "series" we could come full circle and call it Battlehell. Otherwise, we can continue the progression and make the "Something" something other than Battle, Fail, or Cannon.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: June 21, 2012, 04:35:27 am »

It's hard to say how many turns it'll last. Failcannon seemed nearly dead during the loyalty cascade, yet it survived until my rather stable turn when I triggered Failday.

It really depends more on what the overseer does than anything else.

arcangelsd, could you give us any information on the status of the fort, or, if you haven't played since your last post, when you'll be able to get it going again? Hellcannon doesn't deserve to fall off page 1 while it's still alive.
Everyone is still alive, save Deathsword. I think my turn is going to let you down. For now, it has been chock-full of anticlimaxes (<- Is that right?)
Long story short, Kar Puwuncobi made a TPK of the skeletal wildlife. He's quite promising, maybe at the end of my turn we'll have a total badass, in Hellcannon.
Let's see!

TOO SOON. The clowns are in the first cavern level now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:24:07 am by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:46 am »

And how did they get there? :o
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 208