Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717570 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8355 on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:17 pm »

I'm gonna go watch the world end on Fox news now.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: November 06, 2012, 10:05:02 pm »

My magical map says Barry is pulling ahead of Mittens in Florida by .2% with 85% reporting. Sucks to be Mittens?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:01 pm »

SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN, THE PRESSURE IS TOO DAMN HIGH.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:36 pm »

I'm gonna go watch the world end on Fox news now.
This. I'm trying to time my channel changing to minimize before it's obvious.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »

I knew that the US had a bit of a two party problem, heck people are saying the same thing about Aus, but at least here the Greens party is big enough to get the balance of power, I didn't realize just how small the other parties must be over there.

They don't even get get arrested if attempting to debate with the big 2.

FTFY

Catching up a bit.  It took me around 45 minutes to vote.

This is significant, because of the 6 am to 6 pm polling times in Indiana.  This leaves most people working your standard 9-5 job very little space in their schedule to vote.  They have to get out early (when the crowd are worst, I've noticed) or rush out to the polls just before they're closing.  Anybody who has to work overtime or multiple jobs is just fucked.  Coincidentally a right-to-work state, so you can't piss off your employer for the sake of voting because you have no employment rights.  No class warfare here.  My state is more like an all-you-can-vampire buffet.

Like others, I'm also coming down with some kind of cold-like thing today.  Sitting here at work trying weakly to keep up with the thread while feeling myself getting worse.  I gave up a couple hours of sleep to the election today, and I'm thinking at this point that it was completely not worth it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:12:04 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:23 pm »

My magical map says Barry is pulling ahead of Mittens in Florida by .2% with 85% reporting. Sucks to be Mittens?

It's incredibly close, all I can say... Florida is, as I said, approaching 2k-level closeness.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »

And there's about a million or so people waiting to vote in Florida, still. Mostly in Democratic-voting counties. ;]
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:33 pm »

Okay, I am very sad that I never heard of new Senator-Elect Angus King, because he is suddenly the most important guy in the Senate.  The principle leg of his campaign was filibuster reform.

I'm going to say that again, to make sure it sinks in.  A guy just won an election to the US Senate, an Independent unseating a relatively popular moderate Republican, by first and foremost promising parliamentary reform of the government process.

My fellow Americanos, we live in a fucked up age.  I can't wait to see where this guy goes in office.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8363 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:57 pm »

Okay, I am very sad that I never heard of new Senator-Elect Angus King, because he is suddenly the most important guy in the Senate.  The principle leg of his campaign was filibuster reform.

I'm going to say that again, to make sure it sinks in.  A guy just won an election to the US Senate, an Independent unseating a relatively popular moderate Republican, by first and foremost promising parliamentary reform of the government process.

My fellow Americanos, we live in a fucked up age.  I can't wait to see where this guy goes in office.

If I live where I could vote for him, he would have my vote.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8364 on: November 06, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »

Damnit, you beat me to it. I said Florida cause I saw Florida in the comment above

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: November 06, 2012, 10:11:47 pm »

If I live in Florida, he would have my vote.

He's in Maine, I think.
He's more likely to caucus with the Dems though.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:00 pm »

Results from Iowa are beginning to come in.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:11 pm »

He didn't unseat a moderate Republican, Snowe retired and she was the only R with a reasonable chance of holding the seat.

EDIT: Oh, and my state was called for Obama awhile ago, continuing our streak of voting Democratic since 1976.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8368 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »

My gf just sent me an awesome electoral collage: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md3f26PE611qbgmyg.jpg

Needs more biker chick.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: November 06, 2012, 10:14:22 pm »

Obama's lead in FL is up to .5%...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 714