Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282919 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1335 on: September 09, 2013, 06:04:43 pm »

Doodle HO!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Hnnng. Jopax I want your art on my desktop.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:55 am »

That's quite flattering, thank you :D

Anywho, another doodle, first piece to come out of CS6, could have touched it up a bit more but was too annoyed with my inability to remember which of my many brush packs holds the brushes I'm used to, so I just called it done after a while of sifting trough countless packs to no avail.
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1338 on: September 13, 2013, 08:14:59 pm »

oh man Jopax

OH

MAN

Your "doodles", as you so unflatteringly call them yourselves, never fail to impress me, they have SO MUCH ATMOSPHERE.

and speaking of atmosphere

here's something completely irrelevant to that

a handsome lovely gentleman
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1339 on: September 13, 2013, 08:17:42 pm »

oh man Jopax

OH

MAN

Your "doodles", as you so unflatteringly call them yourselves, never fail to impress me, they have SO MUCH ATMOSPHERE.
Yeah talk about understatement in the extreme. If we saw one of his real drawings we'd probably turn inside out or something.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 14, 2013, 01:11:52 pm »

Shucks you guys, stop that, I'm being serious, getting to a level where your doodles are good isn't hard, it just takes time, getting beyond that takes a buttload of effort and time, something I've been short on lately.

Anyways, here's my last piece in CS6, hopefully sometimes in the future It'll work properly, until then, it's back to CS3 :C

(note that pressure settings stopped working and I couldn't be arsed to restart the laptop just to get them working properly again)
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1341 on: September 14, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

We're being serious too. <3
I suppose you have a point though, my doodles nowadays look A LOT better than they did a few years ago. That cool guy i posted up there took maybe 10-15 minutes to scratch down, whereas it'd probably take FAR longer if i were to try painting him prettily. On the plus side, i actually really like that kind of gritty sketchy look, so i'm actually satisfied with such a quick thing. c:

edit: oh yeah also THAT IS THE MOST HEXAGONAL TREE EVER. Looks cool. :U
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:04:26 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:40 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 15, 2013, 01:34:49 am »

This seems like a decent place to ask a question (especially since I have nothing worthy of the engraver's guild). Do you guys feel that a tablet would enhance, benefit from, or detract from developing pencil & paper skills? I've thought about buying one during a holiday sale, but about $60 USD would be my limit, if that helps.

And, so as to not post without contributing:
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 15, 2013, 01:42:20 am »

So I came in contact with SAI today. Cool program. I'll see if I can't whip something terrible up to post!

Here we go!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 01:48:39 am by Pufferfish »

Halindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1345 on: September 15, 2013, 07:06:46 am »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1346 on: September 15, 2013, 07:56:44 am »

Ooo, i knew as soon as i saw your name in the "last reply" box that it was going to be about awesome music. I've been listening to it for a while now, it's really great! Somehow it reminds me of Dungeon Siege, and it evokes all kinds of wondrous images in my head. Props to you, my good sir! :D

This seems like a decent place to ask a question (especially since I have nothing worthy of the engraver's guild). Do you guys feel that a tablet would enhance, benefit from, or detract from developing pencil & paper skills? I've thought about buying one during a holiday sale, but about $60 USD would be my limit, if that helps.

And, so as to not post without contributing:
Oh lawd, do i sense some Andrew Loomis going on here? ;)
Looking pretty good bro, keep at it! Also, regarding tablets, i've found that although it feels different from pencil and paper, it is very much the same skills you're applying. Thus can you reasonably expect to improve your paper skills with a tablet, and your tablet skills with paper. It'll take some getting used to, but it's totally worth it.

As for a tablet in the $60 range, something like the Wacom Bamboo is definitely around that, and it's pretty solid for its price. The only thing about mine that annoys me is that it connects double-clicks with a line, so i can't do super fast scratchy lines with it (although this problem can be minimized), but other than that it's got pretty much everything you'll need.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 15, 2013, 10:13:09 am »

From my expirience nothing can replace pen&paper for that essential expirience, even if you do want to go fully digital, you can't go without the basics. While it's not a terrible idea I'd certainly continue doing classical drawings on paper, along with digital (which imho is more geared towards painting than actual drawings).

Also I think I'm going to be getting one of those cheaper Intuos tablets by the end of the year, the current one is slowly giving up on me so it'll be nice to have an alternative.

Anyways, another piece, this time a study of sorts, since my landscapes and clouds are somewhat lacking in certain areas, this was pretty damn fun and relaxing to do:

Loosely based on the works of this awesome dude.
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 15, 2013, 04:49:17 pm »

Speaking of clouds, I think I'm finally getting clouds that look like clouds, although I've layered so many things on here that the place looks too uniform, so I'll have to go in and shake things up. Still gotta work out how to make smooth but not hazy clouds, but I'm getting there.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 15, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »

I'd like to chime in about improving over the years. Recently, I decided to redraw Uzin Heatboulders, a deity that Dwarf Fortress' RNG spat out at me. I'm not quite done with this one, but it's vastly better than the last drawing, which was about a year and a half(?) ago (mainly due to attempting human proportions, but not faces. faces aren't fun.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:25:28 pm by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 845