Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282998 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #3915 on: January 10, 2015, 07:43:37 pm »

Hah, getting into orbit around anything is really hard, especially there is no orbit prediction and I have no idea how to implement it.

Since you all seemed to like this game,  should I create a thread about it in other games? More people will see it, at least.
Sure!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: January 10, 2015, 08:00:36 pm »

Doing silly art at 2AM while in a Skype call, go!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: January 11, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »

This giant thing is being linked because spoilers don't stop image loading, and it's fairly large.

Still need to hear back about a few things before I finish it up but the hard work is done now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: January 12, 2015, 01:54:16 am »

Did a thing. quick sketch on paper and photo taken via phone because alas, that's the only way any of my on paper material will ever be shared on the internet...probably the only way. Anyway, took me 20 or 30 minutes, I think. Was listening to a Dillinger Escape Plan Album that's ~40 minutes long but I know I didn't start drawing at the start of the album. Maybe it was 15 minutes.

Maybe I'll come back to the concept at a later date and clean it up more, maybe redraw with a graphics tablet on computer. Want to try making a fractal out of it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: January 12, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »

So there was no cloud sunday because I was busy and also had to make this competition piece that just earned me nifty 100€ discount on the IFCC ticket:
Spoiler: Pretty freaking huge (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:30 pm »

Whaaaaaaaa. This is awesome.

It's it based off a DF FB?
I'm with stupid |
                      v

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: January 12, 2015, 06:07:26 pm »

Did a thing. quick sketch on paper and photo taken via phone because alas, that's the only way any of my on paper material will ever be shared on the internet...probably the only way. Anyway, took me 20 or 30 minutes, I think. Was listening to a Dillinger Escape Plan Album that's ~40 minutes long but I know I didn't start drawing at the start of the album. Maybe it was 15 minutes.

Maybe I'll come back to the concept at a later date and clean it up more, maybe redraw with a graphics tablet on computer. Want to try making a fractal out of it.
That is one jolly looking roger.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3922 on: January 12, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »

I decided since it's been so long since I last did anything creative in Minecraft, or in general, really; I decided to give myself a bit of an art project. Since I'm also not working a regular job anymore, I can devote more time into these kinds of projects (with proper funding from work I find, or finds me, of course).

Dimensions are (based on Blender model and sketch references):
X: 370m long
Y: 65m high
Z: 260m main wingspan (-130 and 130 makes for easy references, where I got the project placed)
  Wings start at 100m from aft, might go on for 50-odd meters. Things are like football fields for wings. This is gonna be fun.

I'm using Sea Lanterns for every 1 meter, Glowstone for 10 meters, Redstone Blocks for 50 meters, and Lapis Lazuli for 100 meters. Slightly botched the vert (wrong block in image where 60m is concerned (+35 offset)); also vert is 1/2 measures. Upper X-measurements are the actual aft-main-wing placement. To make things easier on me, I've made sure to work the wings from the center (0,+35,~) so positive and negative measurements are equal. F3/Debug Mode really helps with coordination here.

I haven't decided whether it'll be the Excalibur (red, jack of all trades all-rounder), or either of it's sister ships Caladbolg (blue, built like a tank; armored and many guns) or Kusanagi (green; built for speed and agility) yet. Either way, it's gonna be a hell of an engineering art project. It's not only gonna be built according to the sketches, but it's also going to be laid out, room by room. I'm going for a rather crowned-tuning-fork (wings branch from the corners, and near the end. The chassis resonates with the 4dμ (4-dimensional manipulator unit) in order to involve the whole ship in the resonation of reality barriers and such for time dilation, portal making, and essentially teleporting the damn thing in it's entirety) kind of chassis for this, and use it as the main framework. I probably won't go crazy detailed, except for where it would matter (under-wing hangars, upper and lower bridge, with inter-connecting elevator, Captain's quarters, mess hall and upper-deck tavern).

This might take me awhile, since I'll be engineering it as I design it (Proper shipright code to ensure it feels and looks right; might consider some wiring in places, as well as conceivable plumbing (this ain't Star Trek; our ships need crappers and a sewage tank; also for use as proper "Dirty bombs" of the non-nuclear variety (mostly trolling)))); but at least it'll keep me busy as I wait for jobs to update on the bounty board (freelance job feed).

EDIT:
Ugh. I just realized how much fun I'll be having putting all the shiny red/green/blue paint on the majority of the ship. Thank goodness we've got banners. I can at least place reference markers here and there.

EDIT EDIT:
Command blocks are craptons useful (mostly teleporting; especially onto the ship itself). I just made a solar-reactive one that keeps the weather clear and the skies bright back at the spawnpoint, and made a series of teleporters that cuts the hassle of all the walking back and forth (no to mention, spawn point is a good kilometer away from the building site's zero-point (if I can see it from that distance, more or less, that would rock))

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Teleporters are installed every 100m down the ship, and at the wing tips, to return to 0-point, and nearby 0-Point has a scale model of the ship, and respective teleporters that go to the appropriate areas, relative to the model (set for grid, ATM)). So now I have a mini-map for teleport purposes installed at Home Base-0.

As I add more details, I'll maybe make scale models of the parts in work, while keeping the grid-minimap, and set teleporters that go to them (bridge, upper/lower), L/R-Hangar, etc.). I might also build a mini-model (a larger one, more detailed than the teleport one) as a means of keeping track of it's construction progress, with different parts elsewhere as the main go-to points for critical areas. Maybe map that out accordingly as well, relative to the deck at work.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:08:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: January 12, 2015, 06:13:54 pm »

Making a forum game, and I got the play maps finished!

Spoiler: Geographical (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geopolitical (click to show/hide)

I think they turned out well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:48 pm »

They do look cool, yes.
On the subject of maps, I've been working on one myself. It's a map of the region where our first Pandora story is gonna be taking place. I still need to do biomes, settlements and that kinda stuff but it's getting there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: January 12, 2015, 06:56:25 pm »

I like your geographically correct map! it makes me happy not seeing rivers running up mountains!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: January 12, 2015, 08:09:16 pm »

Hmm...this looks like a pretty good start, but how exactly are you drawing all of this? While your map does look somewhat natural, I can't help but feel the coast is a little too uniform. If you're drawing this in Inkscape you can select all of the nodes, half the number of them, then jitter them. I've gotten really good results with my coastlines in the past by doing that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:12:32 pm by DragonDePlatino »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: January 12, 2015, 10:04:10 pm »

it makes me happy not seeing rivers running up mountains!
I'm not apologizing. >_______________>

There is at least one that does that on my map, but I'm almost sure it's so small as to be invisible
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Blackops35

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY_SIZE:18:0:50000]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: January 12, 2015, 10:40:14 pm »

I made a thing, it's unfortunatly not finished though:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf Fortress has warped my mind, so I ended up making a cave picture.

The real reason I made it was because I wanted a new wallpaper for my rotation, and I could find anything online that looked right.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: January 13, 2015, 12:18:01 am »

Hmm...this looks like a pretty good start, but how exactly are you drawing all of this? While your map does look somewhat natural, I can't help but feel the coast is a little too uniform. If you're drawing this in Inkscape you can select all of the nodes, half the number of them, then jitter them. I've gotten really good results with my coastlines in the past by doing that.
I use GIMP. I'm not really making it to look good, just to be usable.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 845