Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283018 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6045 on: November 28, 2015, 01:29:00 pm »

Well, i had a burst of inspiration and drew this:

Or if you change the resoloution, This:

It looks nice, but it feels a little... off

at a glance:

- the sword is slightly at an off-angle, it doesn't quite match up with the apparent direction of the hilt.

- the arms aren't equal. Neither is too short nor too long mind you, it simply seems they are of differing lengths.

- the plume bends in a way that makes it seem fleshy.

- since the knight's body is so square to us, his helmet is a little misleading at first glance. It took me a while to grasp that I was seeing the helmet & the visor turned to the left.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: November 28, 2015, 02:26:39 pm »

Well, i had a burst of inspiration and drew this:

Or if you change the resoloution, This:

It looks nice, but it feels a little... off
i like how he has genie shoes on.  The perspective seems a bit iffy, though I like the shinyness of his armor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: November 28, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »

The perspective seems a bit iffy, though I like the shinyness of his armor.

Thanks, the lighting was the bit I put the most effort into.

at a glance:

- the sword is slightly at an off-angle, it doesn't quite match up with the apparent direction of the hilt.

- the arms aren't equal. Neither is too short nor too long mind you, it simply seems they are of differing lengths.

- the plume bends in a way that makes it seem fleshy.

- since the knight's body is so square to us, his helmet is a little misleading at first glance. It took me a while to grasp that I was seeing the helmet & the visor turned to the left.

Anyway I decided to take your constructive criticism to heart and drew this improved version

or this:

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: November 29, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »

The foots seems weird.
Make them the same side....
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: November 29, 2015, 03:02:34 pm »

I have a feeling that won't solve anything. I think it's the confused perspective re. the helm that still persist.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:05:22 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6050 on: November 29, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »

HHHHHHHHHHHH

Internet been down for much of today, and since i can't game a lot, i took this as a cue to finally start working on a new menu background for Angry Laser Space.

Spoiler: not done yet though (click to show/hide)

now i just need aliums and stars and fancy space details and a few perspective corrections

and maybe LASERS??!??!?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: November 29, 2015, 03:44:30 pm »

I have a feeling that won't solve anything. I think it's the confused perspective re. the helm that still persist.

I really don't understand what's wrong with the perspective, I though it was quite clear that the guy is facing slightly left. Of course, since you're not the first person to complain about the helmet, you're probably right though. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I drew the helmet first, and began focusing on the rest of the body afterwards?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: November 29, 2015, 04:06:23 pm »

The thing is that his head is facing slightly to the left. The rest of the body isn't.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:57 am »

Anyway I decided to take your constructive criticism to heart and drew this improved version

or this:

Better already! Steps in the right direction!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: November 30, 2015, 01:06:28 pm »

I'm probably a bit rusty at pixel art, haven't done any in 2 months I think. But I'm getting back into it, and wanted to know if I missed anything in this pic, is there banding? bad dithering? or whatever else in it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's basically concept art for a game I'm making, a human exposed to so much radiation, it turned him into a dwarf.

EDIT: I just NOW realized that I somehow missed his ears, how did I manage that? Maybe they fell off due to the radiation? :/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:28:16 pm by XhAPPYSLApX »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: November 30, 2015, 06:04:20 pm »

Something I did for a magazine submission thing. Hopefully I get featured even though it could've easily used another several hours of work, but the deadline was there so I had to call it done xd

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: November 30, 2015, 06:32:35 pm »

Neat mech, but I can't quite tell what it is. I'd say it's professionally cobbled together from unused pieces of other Imperial vehicles, for use by the Empire, which doesn't quite fit my limited knowledge of Imperial policy. (Although the shoulder/hip joint gears don't seem to match.)
No footprints or snow build-up on the mech, my only real complaint.
On first glance, my brain IDs it as flawed CGI. I think it's something to do with the sharp contrasts on the vehicle against the stylized background.
I keep getting that "the shield is flipped" optical illusion. After staring at it for a while, the joints don't look like it could easily hold the shield in front of itself.
I don't like that the human-for-scale is just standing there idle, specifically for scale.

Nice job overall, though. How long did it take?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: November 30, 2015, 06:40:56 pm »

Yeah.  That mech is cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: November 30, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »

I think it was about 4-5 hours, can't quite remember, most of it done today.

As to what it is, it's some sort of TIE Fighter/AT/ST mashup mecha. And all your criticism is valid, the background was done quickly just so it has a background, didn't have much time to do a proper study of Hoth which this is kinda modelled after. Did consider making the mech painterly itself but that was too much of a pain in the ass and took way too long so I scrapped it. The shield does kinda pivot on the handle so it can be held in front of the mech, I think the actual position is actually accurate if I remember that one video that explained it properly. As far as the little dude goes, there were supposed to be more and some more activity in the base but as before, didn't have the time to fully realise it.

Tho that's what I get for starting it two days before the deadline instead of the week of free time I had :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: November 30, 2015, 09:56:31 pm »

Tho that's what I get for starting it two days before the deadline instead of the week of free time I had :V
Don't get cocky, kid. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 845