Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279123 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6270 on: December 27, 2015, 05:13:16 pm »

That is glorious.
Thismuch is my reaction to all the art being posted here. .-.
I'd just like to say that I've watched this thread from it's inception and no matter where you are right now you all are much better than when you started! So happy holidays and give yourselves a big round of applause.
*applauds also for how good the delivery was*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: December 27, 2015, 06:39:22 pm »

I especially like the kobold drummer

Also, practicing backgrounds/skies:

That looks pretty neat. The shading on the background planet doesn't make much sense, I think. It's well in front of the sun, but it sort of looks like it's behind the sun.

I could be completely wrong, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: December 27, 2015, 06:44:31 pm »

That looks pretty neat. The shading on the background planet doesn't make much sense, I think. It's well in front of the sun, but it sort of looks like it's behind the sun.

I...think it should be behind the sun. :P But maybe it's the outline that makes it seem off, Hugo? :O
That, and the usual way the lighting goes--is that the nearest part to the edge is NOT the brightest lit part (else it would seem flat, like a pyramid--the tip or 'edge' is the one being lit, but when discussing a spherical or oval-esque object, the shading usually follows that the brightest part isn't at the tip...usually. Depending on the facing [if it's a 90 degree angle to the viewer, THEN do that :3 But it's a bit more complex if it's a spheroid object being illuminated])
(I'm still amazed at how you all do art >_<)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: December 27, 2015, 07:44:28 pm »

I...think it should be behind the sun. :P But maybe it's the outline that makes it seem off, Hugo? :O
That, and the usual way the lighting goes--is that the nearest part to the edge is NOT the brightest lit part (else it would seem flat, like a pyramid--the tip or 'edge' is the one being lit, but when discussing a spherical or oval-esque object, the shading usually follows that the brightest part isn't at the tip...usually. Depending on the facing [if it's a 90 degree angle to the viewer, THEN do that :3 But it's a bit more complex if it's a spheroid object being illuminated])

If it's behind the sun it's got to be further away, so it'd just be a dot rather than a big planet dominating the skyline.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: December 27, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

If it's behind the sun it's got to be further away, so it'd just be a dot rather than a big planet dominating the skyline.

Plot twist: Its a binary system and one star has a dyson sphere
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6275 on: December 27, 2015, 09:34:07 pm »

Either that, or we SOMEHOW have a gas giant, much bigger than the star, that hasn't sparked hydrogen fusion on its own. :v
Srs talk though it's a nice and clean little piece, you pulled the cliffs off quite nicely!

also i'm trying to figure out how heavy armour would look on a dinosaur in shookworld(tm)

Spoiler: sketchysketchy (click to show/hide)

Less decorated than Swordsnake, but more DECKED THE FUCK OUT IN STEEL PLATES. I'm not sure how well it'd actually work in a hypothetical real scenario, but at least it provides more physical coverage than a metal bikini. :P
Obviously i'll have to colour this when i'm happy (enough) with everything. He's actually a character and not just a generic dinobro, but more on that later, hee hee.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: December 27, 2015, 10:48:35 pm »

With the help of Shook, Zombie Urist, and Maks, I got my tablet up and running, so hopefully I'll be posting some cool tablet arts in the near future. For now, here's some first attempts at using it:
Spoiler: Doodling (click to show/hide)
If anyone's got tablet arting tips for me, or just constructive criticisms in general, that would be awesome!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: December 28, 2015, 05:17:03 am »

If anyone's got tablet arting tips for me, or just constructive criticisms in general, that would be awesome!

Keep using it until your fingers are numb and your butt is sore. You don't even have to draw anything; just get used to moving the pen on the tablet. I still don't know most of what I should know :p Just keep experimenting. Make straight lines and curvy lines, draw squares and circles, and practice writing with it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: December 28, 2015, 08:42:24 am »

[...]
[...]
[...]

Plot twist: Its a binary system and one star has a dyson sphere
I always thought of it as a habitable moon orbiting around a Gas Giant o_O
Oh. Now I notice the lighting thing.
I was thinking of it more like
Spoiler: This (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: December 28, 2015, 02:32:04 pm »

You've got the wrong angle on the shading, then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: December 28, 2015, 02:36:37 pm »

Spoiler: So I colored this (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: December 28, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »

That is some very smooth markering! I see only a few gaps, but that is quite good. Might want to go over the brown areas on more time.
Spoiler: adjusted shading (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: December 28, 2015, 04:24:10 pm »

Thanks! I probably will fix the minor gaps, I just finished that tonight and wanted to share. Why didn't I do more of those years ago, I don't know.

Fine work there too!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: December 28, 2015, 04:53:09 pm »

That is some very smooth markering! I see only a few gaps, but that is quite good. Might want to go over the brown areas on more time.
personally I would add minor variations in the grass(?) as well, and perhaps the cliffs, because to me it looks a tiny bit odd that the sky and other planet have colour variation when the rest of it doesn't.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: December 28, 2015, 09:53:51 pm »

personally I would add minor variations in the grass(?) as well, and perhaps the cliffs, because to me it looks a tiny bit odd that the sky and other planet have colour variation when the rest of it doesn't.
Like this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 845