Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283167 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #7230 on: May 08, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »

Some expressions?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay, I need to learn how to draw. Danggggg.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: May 09, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

More watercolor.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: May 09, 2016, 03:33:20 pm »

Mockups for a game I stopped making.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: May 09, 2016, 03:37:32 pm »

Siege of Pathos?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

AM, simply, has won. He has taken his revenge.

I have no mouth. And I must scream.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7235 on: May 10, 2016, 12:44:09 am »

For all the artists and writers out there, I recommend listening to Plague of Gripes' How to Draw. He doesn't talk about techniques or anything. It's mostly just an hour and a half podcast of him talking about drawing, and artists.

The thing I took away from this is that instead of JUST practicing, I should draw the things I like. I feel dumb saying that. I can imagine people thinking "why wouldn't you draw stuff you like?" Crap, I dunno. I thought I had to draw even if it made me miserable.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: May 10, 2016, 06:08:55 am »

I thought I had to draw even if it made me miserable.

So did I, dude. Then I was like, I'm not getting paid for this, so I just draw things I like, such as 40k. (It helps if you like a lot of things, or the things you like change a lot, so you got a lot to draw.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7237 on: May 10, 2016, 07:16:37 am »

Honestly, i've always wondered why people say that getting good at art has to be a HARD AND LABORIOUS PROCESS ROARG. Sure, with a teacher and a gorillion drawings a day, you'll probably make very fast progress, but if it's not enjoyable then i'd personally rather do it at my own pace. I don't even draw every day, and when i do, it's often just a 20 minute doodle for the giggles, and i can confirm that this does work, albeit slowly. Truth be told, i'm not even entirely sure when or how improvement started, but my theory is that just as you tend to get good at video games you enjoy, so will you get good at drawing if you have fun with it. Of course, having had actual dreams about being super good at art also helps. :v (fun thing about that: i have an equally little idea of how it works in dreamspace and meatspace, it's just like *scribble scribble* oh there's art cool)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: May 10, 2016, 07:37:50 am »

For all the artists and writers out there, I recommend listening to Plague of Gripes' How to Draw. He doesn't talk about techniques or anything. It's mostly just an hour and a half podcast of him talking about drawing, and artists.

The thing I took away from this is that instead of JUST practicing, I should draw the things I like. I feel dumb saying that. I can imagine people thinking "why wouldn't you draw stuff you like?" Crap, I dunno. I thought I had to draw even if it made me miserable.
Hee~ :3
I learned this before while drawing sticks and smudging my fingers. My dad walked by and glanced at my work, then patted me on the shoulder, telling me "Draw what you love and you'll draw the best you can." So I did that (which explains why in the rare times I DO draw, it comes out good. Though I seriously take ~2+ hours everytime, even if the medium is a 1/2 short bond paper ._.)

But I only remembered all that after watching a wonderfully simple movie in our Stress1 (Psychology course) class. >~<

That said. I bop you calling yourself dumb :v
It is wisdom to realize that there is insight in simple things. Not many people can perceive that with how complex life is. :3
(Probably change the idea of 'feeling dumb' to something humorous. It sticks better in mind if it's something personally positive, anyway)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7239 on: May 10, 2016, 08:15:10 am »

Nah it's OK to feel dumb sometimes, because that means you recognized you made a mistake, which means you're learning. Actually dumb people don't know they're dumb. So yeah. Sometimes you don't see the wisdom in something simple until it's been repeated to you five different ways.

Having a picture in your mind and just not being able to make your hands do it is the worst feeling ever. But I've failed enough that I'm starting to get better. If you don't have the courage to be bad at something for a while, then you'll never get good at it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:17:19 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7240 on: May 10, 2016, 05:40:56 pm »

Having a picture in your mind and just not being able to make your hands do it is the worst feeling ever. But I've failed enough that I'm starting to get better. If you don't have the courage to be bad at something for a while, then you'll never get good at it.
Yeah, basically. You have to be willing to be bad in order to git gud improve, or at least have the perseverance to tank through it, because if you really want to learn how to draw super good, you can (i mean, unless you have a condition that prevents it).

also speaking of having fun while drawing i had a lot of fun sketching this

Spoiler: FOR TUCHANKA (click to show/hide)

I kinda want to go further with this, but i'm not sure if i can be arsed to find relevant references. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: May 11, 2016, 01:01:16 am »

Wow, those are some big eyebrows.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7242 on: May 11, 2016, 03:48:49 pm »

Of course, the power of krogan vanguards is directly proportional to the size of their eyebrows. :v

edit: guise you should totally be making things because otherwise you'll have to contend with me solo-shitting the thread with my half-baked doodles

i suspect that this might have turned out better if i had actually looked at a cat before/while drawing it
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 06:40:35 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7244 on: May 12, 2016, 12:16:43 am »

https://soundcloud.com/float-overblow/brine
For some reason I decided to dolphins everywhere oh god they're in my eyes help
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 845