Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282425 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #8955 on: November 02, 2017, 02:06:57 pm »

also stickmen, thousand years of stickmen

What? It's drawing practice. :V
Also i thinkkkkkkkkkk i am finally ready to call junkwerm more or less done, at least at my current level of ability.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do tell if i fucked something up colossally, i've pretty much stared myself blind at it by now. Original for comparison, which i hope is in the new ones favour. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: November 02, 2017, 02:23:14 pm »

New version is much better. The two things that stand out most to me are lack of diffuse reflections on the rock shadow to the right, and how the factory smoke is completely opaque. If it was me, I'd also add a few subtle reflections off the factory surfaces; the lightning is above it enough that some of the reflected light will reach the viewer.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8957 on: November 02, 2017, 07:37:52 pm »

All good points, thanks for telling me. I might not necessarily fix them right now (already spent a plural of hours on this thing today), but i'll definitely keep them in mind.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: November 03, 2017, 10:54:30 am »

Eh, I also think there's a point beyond which you're just overworking something. It's not AS bad in digital when you can just add modifications on a new layer but... There's nothing wrong with just moving on to something new and keeping your past observations in mind.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: November 03, 2017, 10:42:48 pm »

My modeling and texture work have definitely improved, even if I've been putting it off lately.

Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8960 on: November 04, 2017, 10:00:23 am »

Reminds me of all the "Cup Souls" stuff that's been flying around recently. If that's the kind of impression you were going for, good job!

I've been sporadically doing Huevember, which is one of those art challenge months that goes around. The idea is to do something every day in only one hue (but using saturation and value). If you follow my Tumblr, you probably know how much I love colour theory, so this is an art challenge I really don't find very difficult. :P

Spoiler: #4: Orange Seascape (click to show/hide)

I'll probably only post the ones I like, since I might end up doing quite a lot of these and since I don't have much time for painting they're all in a bit of a slapdash style. I really like this one - if it weren't for the little hook under the sun, I might be inclined to print it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SigurnFonShnaps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:39 pm »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8962 on: November 06, 2017, 10:32:09 am »

das a big sord

Nice and warm colours to go with the fiery theme, good job!

I've been sporadically doing Huevember, which is one of those art challenge months that goes around. The idea is to do something every day in only one hue (but using saturation and value). If you follow my Tumblr, you probably know how much I love colour theory, so this is an art challenge I really don't find very difficult. :P

Spoiler: #4: Orange Seascape (click to show/hide)

I'll probably only post the ones I like, since I might end up doing quite a lot of these and since I don't have much time for painting they're all in a bit of a slapdash style. I really like this one - if it weren't for the little hook under the sun, I might be inclined to print it.
I like it! The water texture in particular is very good, i can't figure out how to water for the life of me. :V

also i had some down time yesterday during Shadowrun where i wasn't relevant so i doodled a voofer

It's unusual that i have an urge to draw something extra adorable. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:54 am »

I have nothing to share at the moment, but promise to deliver the goods if you guys can give me some advice. So... I've had the opportunity to get into animating recently and my early tests have actually gone... surprisingly well. I have one huge problem though... I keep overcomplicating my character design.

I have a villain/monster that's been coming out really well, he's mostly just basic shapes and a mask, and he looks fantastic, but my hero... well I keep drawing her more and more detailed and not only does it needlessly complicate drawing her... she does not look nearly as good at the monster.

Do you guys have any tips on simplifying my characters down? I just can't seem to get it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8964 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:40 am »

Can you post what you have ? I'll try my best to help

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: November 07, 2017, 02:40:52 am »

I recommend whatever dark magics it is that vastaghan uses to make perfect character designs.

i'm not an artist i don't have any actually useful advice
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8966 on: November 07, 2017, 08:59:15 am »

mostly just basic shapes
That's the key right there. Boiling your character down to fewer and simpler shapes is what gives that nice stylized appearance, and if you need examples, modern animated TV series are good. Take a good look at the individual details on your character and consider the following: Can you recognize the character without it? Because if your character is defined by a load of minor details, you might need to rethink the design. Ideally, the silhouette on its own should be distinct and recognizable naked and bald (... genitals optional), and if you need to retain your sanity while animating, said silhouette benefits from being relatively simple.

Of course, there are also animations that go with a more realistic style (i.e. Legend of Korra and Redline), and that is absolutely also possible to pull off, but these are expensive productions if you don't cut a shit ton of corners.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: November 07, 2017, 11:27:47 am »

Alright, I really tried to boil down my main character to the biggest feature: A big Fluffy Jacket. She's looking a lot better now. The Villain is still looking fly as fuck.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: November 08, 2017, 07:15:29 pm »

The designs work well individually, but kinda clash when put together. The villain seems too abstract and geometric compared to the girl. This contrast can work depending of the rest of the animation, but just side by side like you posted it doesn't look very well.

You could try to fix it by giving your protagonist really thin legs and by hiding her hips under the sweater. Here's Example because I think it will expalin it better:

I think that could help by making both character's silluethes more simmilar. I would also try to soften the straight lies from the villain[s design.

Maybe this critique is useful? Well I hope at least, because I dont normally give critiques. Blame Egan_BW for summoning me :P

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: November 08, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »

That is good critique thanks! I shall continue to play around with the character design.

EDIT: getting back into drawing is hard... a lot of my practice from years ago is gone. :/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:51:40 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 845